GDT: Devs @ Pens

dmann422

My other fear is that Lou will give in to the pressure and try to make some drastic trade where we give up our first round pick this year just to save face for this season. Very few players in the league that I would trade for that pick now and I doubt any of them are going to be up on the trading block

That's what I'm hoping for. Endure the losing and start drafting talent

we had chances to draft talent, but Lou decided to draft Mike Hoeffel over Wayne Simmonds, Kiril Tulupov over Brad Marchand, Mattias Tedenby over Tyler Ennis and John Carlson, Brandon Burlon over Travis Hamonic (the very next pick!) Jacob Josefson over Marcus Johansson, and Stephane Matteau's stupid kid over Tanner Pearson (the very next pick)

we had chances to draft talent, but Lou decided to draft Mike Hoeffel over Wayne Simmonds, Kiril Tulupov over Brad Marchand, Mattias Tedenby over Tyler Ennis and John Carlson, Brandon Burlon over Travis Hamonic (the very next pick!) Jacob Josefson over Marcus Johansson, and Stephane Matteau's stupid kid over Tanner Pearson (the very next pick)

Imagine if we were 6/6?

Can you imagine how the board would've flipped out if Lou had taken a 20 year old with a 1st round pick - it would've been priceless.

• Like 1

Can you imagine how the board would've flipped out if Lou had taken a 20 year old with a 1st round pick - it would've been priceless.

Lou drafted Adrian Foster, Ari Ahonen, and Max Birbraer, it wouldn't be the first time he went outside the box on draft day. Still taking a guy with as little offensive upside as Matteau was silly

It's almost like drafting isn't an exact science or something. I'm sure Lou looked at his notes and said "hmmm, Ennis will be better, but I prefer the guy who won't improve."

Eh, that's up for debate. Many historians, academics etc, regard the Cold War as World War III even though there was not a worldwide "hot" conflict like the previous two world wars.

i always considered the cold war as a continuation of ww2; yet the "war on terror" has been considered ww3 even though it is still yet continuing of ww2

ww3 has also been called a civil war among society in terms of race sex resources and more internal without borders 

I think the 2014 version of the New Jersey Devils is simply a twisted science experiment designed to induce (and record for posterity) the absolute maximum frustration level possible from a fan base in a single season.

I'm willing to bet the Elias Sports Bureau will start implementing a new stat in 2015: It will become known as the Fan Frustration Index (or FFI) and easily out-trend discussions of Corsi and Fenwick as well as the Kardashians on the NHL Twitter account. 

Just remember, you heard it here first.

That's gotta be close to a record.  I'm not sure if Detroit ever had a Hull-Yzerman-Robitaille geezer line but that's the only one I can think of that would even match that age total :P

(just looked that up...they were 36/37/38 in 2002-03 so that would be 111 years old - yeesh even they're below our geezer line.  They still had Larionov too though so if you switched Larionov with Yzerman that would be a 116-year old line)

Edited by NJDevs4978

Alright...don't really want to vent about this team because, well, ya know.

Cangi....its "Fleury" not "Floor-y"

Also did not like that the pens fans were cheering the hit on jags, I get the fact that they don't like him, but you should never wish hurt or pain on people like that.