GDT: 12/4/14 New Jersey 76ers vs. the team that will beat them

CarpathianForest

If there is one thing Cory can't do, it's handle the puck. More like, he just doesn't make good quick decisions with the puck.

I think he makes ok decisions with the puck. He is just not a stick/puck handling goalie.

He needs to work on rebound control though. That to me is his biggest problem in his game as he gives up way too many juicy rebounds.

Until we need to play defense in our own end

It doesn't matter. How did we do with him out of the lineup? Clearly when he's in the lineup he makes our whole team able to score. Beggars can't be choosers. No reason he should be sitting. Terrible coaching decision.

Also, that was Gionta's 10th career goal. Congrats to him. That's 10 more than anyone ever thought he would have scored about 5 years ago.

Michael Jordan once said "I never lose, I just run out of time." That kind of needs to be the Devils mindset because they have decided to blow leads on a daily basis. Our team motto should be "we don't need to win, we just need to run out of time while in the lead."

Edited by Neb00rs

It doesn't matter. How did we do with him out of the lineup? Clearly when he's in the lineup he makes our whole team able to score. Beggars can't be choosers. No reason he should be sitting. Terrible coaching decision.

Also, that was Gionta's 10th career goal. Congrats to him. That's 10 more than anyone ever thought he would have scored about 5 years ago.

It obviously does matter if a defenseman can't play defense.

One and a half periods Nashville 3 St Louis 2. 19 shots on goal 3 goals scored on Marty, non a PP goal.

Sounds like the Marty we know

The all too familiar argument re Marty of the past couple years.

Dude stop. Are you even watching the game? Now you are just hating to hate. Nashville outplayed the Blues big time for the first half of the game before things settled down (and there have been no goals since). I didn't see the third goal but the first two were very difficult shots. In general Marty has been sharp in net.

Edited by Neb00rs