Official "Marty Watch" Thread

Neb00rs

I mean it was a breakaway. Marty hasn't been fantastic by any measure but the Blues have sucked tonight.

Wilson came in half speed, barely elevated the puck and only got a piece of it. It looked like one of those pre game tap ins on an empty net

I can't really comment on the game as I can't see it, but the Blues are sorely mistaken if they think Marty is going be able to bail them out if they play poorly in front of him. Marty won't have much of a chance to succeed if they're not doing their jobs.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I can't really comment on the game as I can't see it, but the Blues are sorely mistaken if they think Marty is going be able to bail them out if they play poorly in front of them. Marty won't have much of a chance to succeed if they're not doing their jobs.

This is kind of the prevailing wisdom here. In the first period the Blues completely left Marty out to try and he bailed them out but the magic ran out as soon as the second period rolled around. Marty can win games for them but he ain't going to carry the team by any stretch of the imagination.

Off-topic, but Bobrovsky on the other hand has put in an A effort for Columbus. The Jackets are really bad and that guy is doing all he can do to try and get them the win.

Sounds like the Blues weren't on their game tonight, but let's face it...Marty's a pretty serious underdog here.

He was actually very good. NSH was on virtual 5v5 PP for the most of the first and the start of the 2nd. Where they scored the 3 goals. The 4th was on a breakaway. He would havegot a w if he had some support tonight. But, some morons on this board are going to look at the numbers and know everything...

Just watched the highlights.

Brodeur faced 24 shots today

1st and 3rd goals were damn near impossible. 2nd goal needs to be stopped but he's too slow to get the pads closed these days. 4th goal was very stoppable. overall not an atrocious game but subpar overall for Brodeur.

If it doesn't bring a smile to your face to hear "save Brodeur!!" then you are a heartless bastard

I'm totally conflicted right now - the part of me that likes him does want to root for Marty.  And part of me was secretly glad he didn't stone the world tonight...the last thing in the world we need right now is Devil fans turning on Cory even more than they already have if Marty starts to play well.