Official "Marty Watch" Thread

Neb00rs

I'm totally conflicted right now - the part of me that likes him does want to root for Marty. And part of me was secretly glad he didn't stone the world tonight...the last thing in the world we need right now is Devil fans turning on Cory even more than they already have if Marty starts to play well.

Agree 100%

The only "fans" turning on Cory are the ones I wouldn't want to hang with in the first place.  Because anyone who would support Marty being a Devil over Cory at this point is an idiot. 

The only "fans" turning on Cory are the ones I wouldn't want to hang with in the first place.  Because anyone who would support Marty being a Devil over Cory at this point is an idiot. 

Then you wouldn't have wanted to be at a couple of the recent games when Cory was booed in intros (not particularly loud yet but certainly noticeable).  You can always shut off the noise by not visiting message boards, facebook, the comments section of TG's page until you hear nonsense in the stands and then the mainstream media does start to write about it.

For his first game of the season I thought he played pretty good.The 2nd one should have been stopped and the D didn't help very much.Some here want him to fail at all costs.The guy did so much here to make us proud,so a thankful Devils fan wouldn't be bashing him rather wishing him the best.

Then you wouldn't have wanted to be at a couple of the recent games when Cory was booed in intros (not particularly loud yet but certainly noticeable).  You can always shut off the noise by not visiting message boards, facebook, the comments section of TG's page until you hear nonsense in the stands and then the mainstream media does start to write about it.

He has given up too many weak goals this year for someone who in his prime. His play versus Marty's play is a silly argument though. Everyone knows that Cory is better at this current juncture. Instead he should be compared against his peers, and that is where his glaring inconsistency becomes a lot more pronounced. 

Edited by William D'Aquila

Marty was very sharp. Congrats on his first non-Devil win. The bad news is that the Blues don't look great right now.

Can't speak to the 1st. but they scored 6 goals, and cleaned up their act completely when Brodeur got in there. That was the kind of defensive performance that will make life much easier for him (14 shots in 2 periods).

Can't speak to the 1st. but they scored 6 goals, and cleaned up their act completely when Brodeur got in there. That was the kind of defensive performance that will make life much easier for him (14 shots in 2 periods).

Ill agree they cleaned up their act a lot today. But of the 8 periods I have seen of Blues hockey the last few games (including before Marty's first start), six of them have been pretty sloppy. I thought they left Allen out to dry two games ago.