Brunner clears waivers- PDB says their relationship is over

ghdi

Jagr's going to be back next game.  I think the Devils are trying to make room for Mike Sislo - he did get 15 minutes last night, after all - and seeing if anyone takes a flyer on Brunner is the first step to that.

I don't think at his salary that he will be claimed.

• Like 1

per TG

Lou Lamoirello said if Brunner clears waivers he could still be in Devils' lineup Saturday. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be sent down.

then whats the point?!?

could it be linked to the fact they'd prefer to have Gomez long term than Brunner once everyone is back?

dumb move exposing him like this. The guy is actually a skilled offensive forward unlike most on this team. He nearly had an amazing goal vs Pitt (post) and does have points in his last several games.

I don't think he's been loafing it of late.

Edited by '7'

dumb move exposing him like this. The guy is actually a skilled offensive forward unlike most on this team. He nearly had an amazing goal vs Pitt (post) and does have points in his last several games.

This.

dumb move. The guy is actually a skilled offensive forward unlike most on this team. He nearly had an amazing goal vs Pitt (post) and does have points in his last several games.

He's not loafing.  He's just not smart enough of a player.  He has 13 goals in 77 games as a Devil and that includes power play time.  I mean, obviously if the Devils were throwing in the towel on the season I wouldn't mind him sticking around just to see what he has, but he hasn't got much.

Edited by Triumph

He's not loafing.  He's just not smart enough of a player.  He has 13 goals in 87 games as a Devil and that includes power play time.  I mean, obviously if the Devils were throwing in the towel on the season I wouldn't mind him sticking around just to see what he has, but he hasn't got much.

He's not good at all out of the offensive zone.  He can lead a rush up the ice but he lacks any defensive awareness and positioning.  He also misses a lot of easy shots, despite taking quite a few. I don't like his shot recognition.

He actually reminds me a bit of Tedenby in that respect.

I believe it was mentioned on TSN that Deboer screamed at him for a solid minute or two on the bench last night.  And it was not the "inspirational" kind of yelling.  More of the "chastising" kind.

I want to like Brunner but he doesn't help in the defensive zone and has little ability to use his teammates in the offensive zone.

He has some great physical tools but tries to beat 3 guys at once too often and turns the puck over.

I'm not sure waiving him helps the team but I'm not sure it doesn't either. This may be part of the Devils getting tougher on the players instead of being relaxed.

Just read this, dunno if its true.

@Hope_Smoke  3m3 minutes ago

Brunner on waivers? Ferraro said Deboer just went off on him mid-game last night.

Yup.  Deboer is starting to probably feel the heat a bit and is not being so patient anymore (dropping Zubrus to the 4th line, dropping Zajac down and cutting ice time, benching Ryder, now waiving Brunner).