Brunner clears waivers- PDB says their relationship is over

ghdi

I agree with you SD but also agree with some others who've said Brunner and Tedenby, etc., aren't good enough to work outside the system and benefit this team. So it's no surprise to me that they're not all that useful here.

They'd maybe make more noise in teams like Tampa or even Calgary. The way we're set up, even a coaching change wouldn't benefit the Brunners or Tedenbys. Our core (our defense, really) is set up to be defensive-minded for another 5-10 years, there won't be much room for those borderline-breakout offensive players. We'll only benefit from players like the Cammalleris and Henriques of the league or a real Kovy-like elite player.

I agree with you SD but also agree with some others who've said Brunner and Tedenby, etc., aren't good enough to work outside the system and benefit this team. So it's no surprise to me that they're not all that useful here.

They'd maybe make more noise in teams like Tampa or even Calgary. The way we're set up, even a coaching change wouldn't benefit the Brunners or Tedenbys. Our core (our defense, really) is set up to be defensive-minded for another 5-10 years, there won't be much room for those borderline-breakout offensive players. We'll only benefit from players like the Cammalleris and Henriques of the league or a real Kovy-like elite player.

Yes of course Brunner and Tedenby are simply not good examples of what im trying to say cause we're too close to the situation with them. We could even get out of the whole hockey world as an example.

The term "these guys are professionals they can take it" is used way too often and especially by people who never dealt with situations like this. Common knowledge would lead to believe that all professional shouldnt take anything personal and just suck it up and do what they have to do at their best... they are professional after all. lol but it's really really not that easy.

Take a production artist who's good at what he's doing but he's taking a bitttt more time than he should at times. You could have a boss dealing with that breathing down his neck and pushing him and screaming after him that he has to work faster... chances are that guy is gonna be stressed out of his mind and he's gonna make more mistakes or rush things and not make a great job. Other bosses could simply sit with him and try to work things out without being menacing.

That being said sometimes there's time where there's personalities that needs to be kicked in the ass and who can take it. And thats kind of the point. Steve Jobs was a legend and we all know what he did, he was a terrible boss though and not everyone could deal with his way of doing things. 

Yes of course Brunner and Tedenby are simply not good examples of what im trying to say cause we're too close to the situation with them. We could even get out of the whole hockey world as an example.

The term "these guys are professionals they can take it" is used way too often and especially by people who never dealt with situations like this. Common knowledge would lead to believe that all professional shouldnt take anything personal and just suck it up and do what they have to do at their best... they are professional after all. lol but it's really really not that easy.

Take a production artist who's good at what he's doing but he's taking a bitttt more time than he should at times. You could have a boss dealing with that breathing down his neck and pushing him and screaming after him that he has to work faster... chances are that guy is gonna be stressed out of his mind and he's gonna make more mistakes or rush things and not make a great job. Other bosses could simply sit with him and try to work things out without being menacing.

That being said sometimes there's time where there's personalities that needs to be kicked in the ass and who can take it. And thats kind of the point. Steve Jobs was a legend and we all know what he did, he was a terrible boss though and not everyone could deal with his way of doing things. 

In that case that artist is experiencing something called "life."  We all have dealt with that either from bosses or customers.  It's how you react to it that really separates the men from the boys.

Believe me if I was the boss in your scenario and I read him the riot act after he has been what I believe to be slacking, you bet your ass I won't be happy if he continues to bitch and moan afterwards.  Believe me I wouldn't take too kindly to people who can't take any sort of criticism that is hurled his way.

Well if you guys simply refuse to understand that you have to adjust to get the best out of someone on some cases and that there's no ultimate approach that works with everyone. There's no point arguing here.

Gotta wonder why so many players we're sh!t until they played for another coach or the other way around then. 

Edited by SterioDesign

Well if you guys simply refuse to understand that you have to adjust to get the best out of someone on some cases and that there's no ultimate approach that works with everyone. There's no point arguing here.

Gotta wonder why so many players we're sh!t until they played for another coach or the other way around then. 

We get what you're saying in that a soft touch can be beneficial, but at the same time these guys are in the top hockey league in the world. Buck up or shut up, ya know?

You don't bend the team to fit the likes of a Damien Brunner. 

Depending on what Lou asked, like even a late, late pick in 204 and got no bites, then I bet this might be a "look pal, we couldn't give you away" type of thing. I am sure his attitude is less than great.  Obviously, sitting in the press box hasn't worked in getting him to play a complete game.  Anytime Detroit let's a Euro walk, probably for good reason. 

I forget the nuances...Can he go overseas to finish the season?

this is a stretch but i think elias has had too much influence on coaching decisions and not having him around for a game gave a window of opportunity, like i said i know it sounds far fetched.

That's ridiculous. They were afraid to waive Brunner before but then becausevEoias was out they could pull the trigger? Doubt it.

Its not laughable. Deboer is not good at developing players like that. Deboer certainly look like the guy who wants you to do exactly what his Xs and Os drawing are. If you do things you're way he's not gonna like it. Why do you think he loves vets and players like Gionta that much? cause they do exactly what he wants by default

Isn't that the idea?  You have to buy into a system.  Good or bad, you have to guy in?  The "system' worked for the Devils in 2012, didn't it? All players have to be pulling the rope.  i think the players like DB. 

When would Brunner clear waivers anyway so all this can blow over? 

If he isn't claimed, then all of this was for pretty much nothing.  We still have a player and now he can go to the AHL if need be to gain some confidence in his shot and score some goals up in the NHL.  The only problem I have ever had with this isn't that it messes with the psyche of a player or anything like that (he's had a year and a half to work it out in the big club), it's exposing a guy to have any team that wants a rental 3rd line scorer who's a righty. 

When would Brunner clear waivers anyway so all this can blow over? 

If he isn't claimed, then all of this was for pretty much nothing.  We still have a player and now he can go to the AHL if need be to gain some confidence in his shot and score some goals up in the NHL.  The only problem I have ever had with this isn't that it messes with the psyche of a player or anything like that (he's had a year and a half to work it out in the big club), it's exposing a guy to have any team that wants a rental 3rd line scorer who's a righty. 

AFAIK 24 hrs from noon yesterday, and the question what is the rental cost?  is his salary prorated because he's already played 1/3 of a season?

Deboer could baby him as much as possible in the locker room and behind the scenes and we could have no idea. I think it's clear DeBoer isn't a 'yeller' and I believe your superman Parise said as much back in 2012 in Florida.

Fact is DeBoer could have instructed Brunner a million different ways on Dzone coverage, or breakout. You can't judge a coach for lashing out on a player publicly one time.

Also, look at DeBoer handles the press. He NEVER throws anyone under the bus. If you don't like DeBoer's system that's fine, but I think 99% of the guys that have played with him here have a mutual respect with him.

And please elaborate on all the players that have sucked under DeBoer and faired better elsewhere during his tenure here. Boy, he sure ruined Clarkson.