Brunner clears waivers- PDB says their relationship is over

ghdi

Based on those numbers, one could argue that Brunner's was one of the better deals. He produced more per dollar than a lot of guys on that list.

And allow me to add this...if we are going to start waiving guys who "aren't working out", half of our Albany roster will be up with the Devils soon. And I'm not sure I am against that.

well you can't look at it black on white like that, if you look at it production wise.... sure. But he was not playing the PK and there's a bunch of stuff others guys are doing that are not showing. production is not everything but i still think he had skills that could help us.

That being said he was one of the guy who could beat a guy one on one. Was one of the guy who could skate the puck up and get in the offensive zone.

Production wasnt great for a guy who's role was strictly scoring goals... but you if you look at those numbers, he was getting less ice time and less money than the rest of the guys and was kind of on par with the rest in term of production based on that.

He's gone strictly cause he and Deboer hated each other im pretty sure

Edited by SterioDesign

of course but he was getting 2.5m for 2 seasons... what player has been "good enough" for us? (well the above 1million guys) 

Last 2 seasons so far:

Brunner 2.5m - 13g in 77

Zubrus 3.1m - 15g in 109

Clowe 4.8m - 8g in 46

Zajac 5.7m - 22g in 103

Henrique 4m - 32g in 96

Elias 5.5m - 20g in 90

Jagr 3.5 - 28g in 108

Ryder 3.5 - 22g in 107

Ruutu 3.5 - 8g in 45

to me Henrique and Jagr are the only 2 that did alright based on what they should be bringing

I agree. Waiving Brunner does not appear to be a good hockey decision. Half the team should be waived if that's what it was.

This was clearly a personality conflict issue and this is how they are dealing with it. 

I agree. Waiving Brunner does not appear to be a good hockey decision. Half the team should be waived if that's what it was.

This was clearly a personality conflict issue and this is how they are dealing with it. 

Thing is Brunner is far worse in his own zone than any of the people on his list.  I think he also got one of, if not the most favorable zone starts and still can't make much of it.

I really don't see why Devils fans are up in arms about this.  This is almost like waiving a crappier Ryder.

it was definitely a personality issue, but just looking at goals scored is completely oversimplifying the problem- Brunner brings absolutely nothing else to the team if he doesn't score. Guys like zubrus, ruutu, etc contribute elsewhere to justify this decision.

it was definitely a personality issue, but just looking at goals scored is completely oversimplifying the problem- Brunner brings absolutely nothing else to the team if he doesn't score. Guys like zubrus, ruutu, etc contribute elsewhere to justify this decision.

I'm not saying he wasn't bad, I'm saying it's a not-so-great hockey decision and totally a personality decision. 

Thats not entirely true. He was one of the guy who could skate in the puck and beat guys one on one to get the puck deep in the zone on the breakout.

Most of our guys are getting in the zone (super slow) tryyyyyyyyyyyy to go around the dman around the hashmarks... then realize he won't make it... then stops.... then he has to figure out another play or wait for the rest of the guys to make a square pass.

A player playing average to mediocre offensively but playing well defensively will always have a spot in NJ no matter how dry he is on the offence.... But the other way around and you're out of town. There should be a better balance there but in NJ it's always all about the D.

i mean...ultimately you have to score goals to win and you'll always have a goalie and d behind you as a forward.

Edited by SterioDesign