GDT: Lou's Little Beauties v. a Talented Team

CarpathianForest

We will win, the players got the message, "Lou is supporting DeBoer system and coaching"> Lou is betting his job on it. Lou wants his son to be the next GM of the Devils so he can still have control while retired.

Where are you getting that? Lou won't have control of who follows him. The new owners will want to put their stamp on the team when Lou moves on

Where are you getting that? Lou won't have control of who follows him. The new owners will want to put their stamp on the team when Lou moves on

Are you kidding come on Dan 56, he put his son in Trenton as GM and then in Albany as GM. That is at his direction and his plan. Unless he gets force to leave by the owners via retirement he is positioning his son to take over. The new owners are still buying his sh!t. The new owners are happy with Lou and the job he has done. Having his son is like getting son and father together what could be better? Pay for a GM and get a smart assistant free. The new owners know nothing about hockey, just business and making money. They want 365 days of all seats full in the Rock, that's what they are about. If that means letting Lou replace himself with his son so be it. I think they are positioning themselves to move the 76s to Newark as well. Fill the seats 365 days of the years. The new owners care about the arena business not the sports. Fill seats mean money, improve food and raise prices means more money. Get sponsors means more money. The new owners are about making money and only that.

Are you kidding come on Dan 56, he put his son in Trenton as GM and then in Albany as GM. That is at his direction and his plan. Unless he gets force to leave by the owners via retirement he is positioning his son to take over. The new owners are still buying his sh!t. The new owners are happy with Lou and the job he has done. Having his son is like getting son and father together what could be better? Pay for a GM and get a smart assistant free. The new owners know nothing about hockey, just business and making money. They want 365 days of all seats full in the Rock, that's what they are about. If that means letting Lou replace himself with his son so be it. I think they are positioning themselves to move the 76s to Newark as well. Fill the seats 365 days of the years. The new owners care about the arena business not the sports. Fill seats mean money, improve food and raise prices means more money. Get sponsors means more money. The new owners are about making money and only that.

Lou put him in this places when he had free reign. That time is going away. They are going to want someone who plays ball with them. Lou is too old school. When Lou is gone, they will bring someone in that wants to have 3rd jerseys and stuff like that

I hope to god Lou's son doesn't take over. He has the poison touch with Trenton being exhibit A

I agree with you 100%. Blood is thicker than water. A Micro manager never lets go and through his son it's even better. As for Trenton, that was son and father Lou had much of the say, he was the mouth piece through Chris. 

Edited by BostonNala370

What owner wouldn't want to make money on something they drop a ton of money on? You make it seem like it's such a bad thing.

Besides this is a fanbase where you are not going to draw people just from improved concessions and a redone concourse. This is a fanbase that will make the trip if the team is good with evidence during the 11-12 and 12-13 season. there is an incentive for the owners to put a winbing product on the ice.

Edited by DevsMan84

I agree with you 100%. Blood is thicker than water. A Micro manager never lets go and through his son it's even better. As for Trenton, that was son and father Lou had much of the say, he was the mouth piece through Chris.

I don't think the new owners will have nearly as long of a leash on lou than the previous regimes. If lou goes, I can't imagine Chris staying either.

Lou may have taken steps back but, I'd be afraid of what the owners would do if we didn't have Lou, see the sixers. I feel like Lou is the reason why they haven't done much and let Lou do his thing. Seems like their is genuine respect towards each other, which is good. But if we didn't have Lou, I'd cringe.