GDT: 12/11/14 Morris Moss v. Your Dad

CarpathianForest

go Kinkaid next game. Keep Zubie out he dosent score either. play the kids

Why go Kinkaid? Goaltending was the least of our issues tonight. They had twice as many shots as us. I fail to see how that helps.

Everyone here knows I am a Pete Deboer supporter. But most people also know I'll criticize him when I feel he deserves it. Tonight he absolutely deserves to be get blasted by everyone.

5 games in 8 days for an older group of forwards. Some are banged up, I get all that. The lines from the start made no sense. Havlat-Gomez-Jagr and Camm-Henrique-Ryder is your top 6. The first line you have three creative players, but none that want to really shoot or are all that good at shooting. On the second you have three shoot-first players, 2 of which can't pass at all. It's just an awful construction of a line. It makes no sense. Ryder and Henrique have been together for portions of 2 seasons. They have created sh!t together. Neither player is going to do anything which each other.

So then you go into the game, and the team has nothing from the start Ray Emery is flopping all over the ice and doesn't have to make one difficult save through two periods. As a coach, forgetting how atrocious the lines are, your goal should be to find some combination that works. Maybe Jagr/Gomez/Camm or get Ryder with Gomez. But nothing. ABSOLUTELY NO LINE CHANGES. No offense created. Absolutely 0 at even strength, letting the Flyers and their sh!t goalie completely off the hook.

Yes, Scott Gomez is your number #1 center. Yes Havlat is on your top line. And Ryder on your 2nd. Sislo and Josefson on the 3rd. It's all very awful, but find a fvcking way to show you are trying to make something work.

Most disappointed I have been in a coach and the team in a few years. The players were flat. The coaches were even flatter.

Lol this is clearly the best GDT so far this season- we're on page 3 and it's only 9 am...

Carp maybe to assuage the complaints just include the opponent at the top of the post next time, otherwise keep up the great work!

You look pretty stupid now with your classless attack on me the other day huh? The best way to fit in is not always to put someone else down.

Devils have been outshot by almost 100 over the last 3 games. Two of those games against team that are actually below us in the standings. Way to make adjustments Pete.

Don't worry guys, apparently Pete is going to throw another player under the bus a la Brunner and all will be okay again.

Pete did that? Brunner did it to himself (and I have no ill will towards him), and Lou had a big part in getting rid of Brunner. A few more players should be gone as well. It won't improve the team, but it be better than watching some of these guys.

We are the Oilers of the East.  There is no compete with this team.  Buffalo and Carolina are two bad teams that still make you earn your win against them.  They may have a bad roster, but they actually put forth a good solid effort.  Florida is another team doing it. They're knocking on the doors for a playoff spot.  A good coach gets his team to actually compete as hard as they can.

This team may have old forwards, and a young defensive core.  But those old forwards are still good players.  We have like 5 players capable of putting up 50 points, and we have an additional 3 or so who can put up 40 points.  The talent level of the roster imo isn't bad.  But even if it is a bad roster, there is no excuse for just going through the motions and not competing.  I think it all comes back to coaching.

Good news is... everyone here who enjoyed this sily GDT last night and earlier today had fun at least for this part of the day.

everyone that took it with a sore ass like a grumpy old man stepping in his own pee.... well.... those guys had a sh!tty day all the way through. lol

DeBoer: "I think the effort was there. We've got to work smarter: less penalties, don't hand them any free goals."

haha fvck you Pete. Get out.

Good news is... everyone here who enjoyed this sily GDT last night and earlier today had fun at least for this part of the day.

everyone that took it with a sore ass like a grumpy old man stepping in his own pee.... well.... those guys had a sh!tty day all the way through. lol

DeBoer: "I think the effort was there. We've got to work smarter: less penalties, don't hand them any free goals."

haha fvck you Pete. Get out.

Tell me he didn't actually say that.

Pete did that? Brunner did it to himself (and I have no ill will towards him), and Lou had a big part in getting rid of Brunner. A few more players should be gone as well. It won't improve the team, but it be better than watching some of these guys.

You assessment is correct. How did Pete throw Brunner under the bus, Brunner did it to himself. Some fans

It's not just the coach, it's also the roster. This club needs an overhaul.

4 guys capable of putting up 50 points.  Elias, Jagr, Cammalleri, Henrique

A few other capable of at least 40.  Ryder, Havlat, Zajac, Zidlicky

How is the roster the problem?

he totally did.

DeBoer (#NJDevils PK 4-for-5 tonight): "We took way too many penalties; that's the story of the game."

fvck off Pete!  Good coaches are supposed to be as hard on the team as most of the posters in this forum are.  Coaches aren't supposed to be softer on them!

4 guys capable of putting up 50 points.  Elias, Jagr, Cammalleri, Henrique

A few other capable of at least 40.  Ryder, Havlat, Zajac, Zidlicky

How is the roster the problem?

No. These guys can put up those numbers as passengers on top lines with players that can drive play. Disregarding my disappointment in the deployment of the top 6, the group of 12 forwards out there are terrible.

Two 4th lines in your bottom 6 (production wise as Sarge said). The top line consisted of 42-year-old Jagr, Scott fvcking Gomez and Martin Havlat. It's 2014. They are slow and have trouble creating offense. If you can't look past coaching, that's too bad.

The group for the past 3 games is as bad as a forward group you will see in the NHL. It's trash.

Can I just make a stupid quip and get away with it? I'm not defending Brunner, he sucked. My post was just how it was phrased in the media. My point was to satirize the lack of accountability on the big players and the lack of personal responsibility Pete has taken thus far.

You'll note, that I have largely been a Pete defender up until these last few weeks.