What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

roomtemp

I think we should trade deboer for him. that team needs a coach who can articulate to the players what the strategy is, and then go out on the ice and instill it

I don't want him.  I mean obviously I do, but at the price it would take, the Devils can't afford him.  They need centers before they can think about wingers.

we can use a top line winger as well, center just happens to be a bigger hole. but they're both holes.  is the kid really un-coachable???

Not exactly a player I would exactly mortgage our future over.  I would consider mortgaging a future on players like Patrick Kane or Jamie Benn, but at the right price, perhaps Hall can be something to discuss with Edmonton.

Edmonton needs a change and so do the Devils, so perhaps they are a good trade partner.

Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if Kinkaid keeps playing this strong against very difficult opponents, I wouldn't be opposed to auctioning off Cory Schneider to the highest bidder. 

I can see Schneider being a good trade piece with Edmonton.

• Haha 1

I think we're one or two years away from making this type of trade. Adding a single great talent to the current group doesn't do a whole lot to improve the offense especially if Henrique is going the other way. We've put off the rebuild of the offense for so long that I think the only appropriate action is to draft and develop a few forwards over the next few years and then we can try to add.

Not exactly a player I would exactly mortgage our future over. I would consider mortgaging a future on players like Patrick Kane or Jamie Benn, but at the right price, perhaps Hall can be something to discuss with Edmonton.

Edmonton needs a change and so do the Devils, so perhaps they are a good trade partner.

Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if Kinkaid keeps playing this strong against very difficult opponents, I wouldn't be opposed to auctioning off Cory Schneider to the highest bidder.

Trade Schneider away after 2.5 games of Kinkaid?

Wow.

Not that I have a big problem with them, but the thing I don't understand about a lot of these "Would you trade for..." topics, is that they seem to assume that we have the assets to trade for these guys. I don't think we could get Hall even if we tried. Maybe Severson could stoke some interest with the potential he seems to have, but would anyone really want to lose him at this point?

That said, the Devils do seem to have a pretty valuable first pick in the upcoming draft.

This is not going out on a limb, this is going off the deep end.

I can understand the Schineder thought. We look to be bad for years, why waste an elite goalie? The trade would have to be earth shattering great for us. Besides I think it's easier replacing a goalie than getting an elite forward. I'm not sold that Hall is that player. With this team is anyone untradeable if the right one comes around? That all being said, I expect Status Quo.

About 27 or 28 teams can and would outbid us for Taylor Hall right now. We have nothing to offer.

We may have right pieces to offer for an under-the-radar "big name" NOT on the trading block, a la Kovalchuk, if Lou were in fine form. But a declaration that Hall is on the block immediately discounts us.

About 27 or 28 teams can and would outbid us for Taylor Hall right now. We have nothing to offer.

We may have right pieces to offer for an under-the-radar "big name" NOT on the trading block, a la Kovalchuk, if Lou were in fine form. But a declaration that Hall is on the block immediately discounts us.

If it were closer to the trading deadline, and it was a safe bet that the Devils were a bottom five team, the first round pick and something else decent might get it done.  The Flyers also seem to have a lot of chips including what ought to be a high pick, but I can't tell if they could make it work with the salary they have.  Pronger's deal makes it annoying to do the math.

Hell.  Yes.

Ship them a veteran to show the kids how it's done ( :giggle: ), Gelinas (Karlsson in the making!), Josefson (potential top-6 forward)!

Just kidding, that wouldn't fetch Hall.

But yes, I would love to have him here.  I absolutely believe he's a player you build around.  Didn't he and Henrique play in juniors together?

My son & I have been saying the same thing!

Kinkaid has three games of NHL experience and people want to trade Cory, unreal.

I think that's the wrong way to look at it. It's what gets us on the path back to success fastest. If trading him brings a windfall you have to do it. BTW I don't think that will happen.  Everyone on this team should be available for the right price.

Saw this coming a mile away after we played lights out against Chicago. This fanbase doesn't surprise me anymore.

:doh1:  :doh1:  :doh1:  :doh1:

My man, I have been watching and playing hockey for about a good 27 years of my life, so let's say that I think I have a good eye for what I wrote.   I wrote the original comment about entertaining trading Schneider so I will answer your skepticism.

With regards to Kinkaid, let's just say that we don't know the "intangibles" regarding a long term career and his potential to be a game changer under pressure.  After all, he hasn't played more than 4 full NHL games in his career.  So, comparing this with Schneider, surely, Schneider is the clear winner.  Especially because he helped get the C'Nucks to the NHL final a few years ago against Boston.

Speaking, however, from a technical standpoint, I think that Kinkaid demostrates a lot of technical ability and focus.  He has great agility and hasn't clonked out in the two starts he has had this year.

My huntch is, that Schneider isn't a "game changing" goalie.  He doesn't have the ability to get into other team's heads and he let's up some crazy rebounds and is often out of position.  His technical savy is not one of a top 5 goalie.  Sorry, but I said it. 

Schneider has lost us more games than he has stolen for us, so I don't know if you don't take a chance to get as much return for his value now before it's too late. 

Kinkaid may very well be a gamble, but he has shown hard evidence that he has come ready to play, and if I can get a Taylor Hall or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins piece in return for Schneider, it may be a gamble well worth the risk. 

Edited by Mitico12
  • Like 1

It crossed my mind as well. I don't like Cory's rebound control or his mental makeup. Keith seems like a very cool customer and I like his game, he has a great glove.

William - finally we agree on something.  Definitely.  Cory Schneider can certainly be the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade, and given my "blehhh sentiments" of how he has played this season, I would not be opposed to entertaining offers for Schneider that will bring us a bonafide first line winger that is below 26 years old.

He is not going to win us a Stanley Cup folks.  Schneider is not everything everyone has him pinned to be (at least from what I can see so far).

Kinkaid, however, has impressed me.  It started last season against the Bolts.  He is a cool customer and for certain, will raise a goaltending controversy in NJ very soon...

William - finally we agree on something. Definitely. Cory Schneider can certainly be the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade, and given my "blehhh sentiments" of how he has played this season, I would not be opposed to entertaining offers for Schneider that will bring us a bonafide first line winger that is below 26 years old.

He is not going to win us a Stanley Cup folks. Schneider is not everything everyone has him pinned to be (at least from what I can see so far).

Kinkaid, however, has impressed me. It started last season against the Bolts. He is a cool customer and for certain, will raise a goaltending controversy in NJ very soon...

I will bookmark this and bump it for you in 2 years... It would be a pleasant surprise if you're correct about Kinkaid.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

William - finally we agree on something.  Definitely.  Cory Schneider can certainly be the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade, and given my "blehhh sentiments" of how he has played this season, I would not be opposed to entertaining offers for Schneider that will bring us a bonafide first line winger that is below 26 years old.

He is not going to win us a Stanley Cup folks.  Schneider is not everything everyone has him pinned to be (at least from what I can see so far).

Kinkaid, however, has impressed me.  It started last season against the Bolts.  He is a cool customer and for certain, will raise a goaltending controversy in NJ very soon...

Why? Because Schneider hasn't been rocking it in the W column?  Hard to do that when your team is stinking up the joint most nights and are allowing 30+ shots a game.  I cannot even think of a time where Marty was going through an extended stretch where the team in front of him is giving up 30+ shots a game night after night.

Kinkaid has done well in his 2.5 games of experience, but like all rookies they first 5-10 or so games they play they are playing with a little extra adrenaline.  I mean based off of Severson's first 5 games he looked like he was the next coming of Rafalski but since then has come back down to Earth.  Let's see where things are by the end of the season with Kinkaid.

Holy fvcking sh!t some of you people. You're beyond help, thank goodness you're only allowed to play armchair GM.

Trade Schneider after four games of Kinkaid. Good grief.

Spoiler alert: If you're agreeing with "William" you're doing it wrong.

So people didn't want Cory signed and starting because 4 years with one of the best save percentages in the league didn't prove he was good enough to be a starter in this league , but Kinkaid plays 2 good games and he's the heir apparent?

QFT.