GDT: Washington @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

And once again Pete doesn't call a timeout.  Seriously, this guy is a joke.

This this this.

I don't get people blaming Cory for that goal, and I've been hard on him this year. But the frigging red sea parted on both goals.

Lol that was a weak shot with no screen.  The first goal was nobody's fault.  

Looking for positives (and I am really having to dig deep to find them), Elias looks like he has an extra spring in his step and a little added confidence after playing a solid game yesterday.

Thus far in this season, Schneider has not been the revelation we all thought would be after his performance last year.

Edited by mfitz804

Looking for positives (and I am really having to dig deep to find them), Elias looks like he has an extra spring in his step and a little added confidence after playing a solid game yesterday.

Thus far in this season, Schneider has not been the revelation we all thought would be after his performance last year.

Elias can't do much with POS Bernier on his line

And once again Pete doesn't call a timeout. Seriously, this guy is a joke.

Lol that was a weak shot with no screen. The first goal was nobody's fault.

Cause it's always a good idea to let a guy with a 105 MPH shot be the guy that gets wide open. Or for Harrold or whoever it was to go off for a change then go back when Backstrom is coming right at him, so instead of it being a 2-2 it was a one on zero which Cory never stops anyway. I wouldn't blame Cory if he was distracted laughing his ass off that sequence was so hideous.

Lol. Nice.

There's a part of me that wants to keep some level of optimism (even if it's minimal), and if the Devils had found a way to win tonight, I might have felt just a little bit of it (pointless as that is).  But this game is what the realist in me expected. 

In seasons like this (it's going to be a long one) all you can do is laugh a little and look for silver linings wherever you can find them. 

And it sucks to be Cory...every mistake is magnified because Heaven forbid his team could score goals for him on any kind of consistent basis (it'll be nice when Glass Mike gets back into the lineup).  Being down 1-0 feels like 3-0, being down 2-0 is as good as game over. 

Cause it's always a good idea to let a guy with a 105 MPH shot be the guy that gets wide open. Or for Harrold or whoever it was to go off for a change then go back when Backstrom is coming right at him, so instead of it being a 2-2 it was a one on zero which Cory never stops anyway. I wouldn't blame Cory if he was distracted laughing his ass off that sequence was so hideous.

Exactly. How idiotic to blame Cory for that. It's like, Mike Brown, do you know anything about hockey? Are you even watching the game? The shot that was taken by Backstrom there is exactly Example 1-A of what defenses are supposed to prevent. 

And it sucks to be Cory...every mistake is magnified because Heaven forbid his team could score goals for him on any kind of consistent basis (it'll be nice when Glass Mike gets back into the lineup).  Being down 1-0 feels like 3-0, being down 2-0 is as good as game over. 

Here is the only criticism (if one can call it that) that one can make of Cory: the team in front of him ain't going to get it done very often, and they aren't going to give him much goal support very often. So, it's either he plays above and beyond or he ain't going to finish with a good record. And that he hasn't done.

Edited by Neb00rs