GDT: Washington @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

He did not even try in that penalty shot. It looked like one of our shootout attempts.

He looked a bit shaken up after the collision. The ref had to warn him to hurry up and take the shot.

Which is what we SHOULD a expect out of a 42 year old, unfortunately he's on our top line.

Not for 5 million. And Jagr can't handle a 3rd line assignment.

Well. One would hope they can beat the Canes but they might have Jordan Staal back. Canes also had a nice shot barrage against us last game.

Otherwise they're pretty much a lock to lose to the Rangers and Pens.

They actually deserve to get booed tonight. Effort was not even close.

The Devils need to issue a written apology on their website for this game and issue refunds for all paying customers. As well as a promise that human pieces of excrement named Sestito, Harrold, Sislo, and Bernier never see NHL ice in Devils colors again

The Devils need to issue a written apology on their website for this game and issue refunds for all paying customers. As well as a promise that human pieces of excrement named Sestito, Harrold, Sislo, and Bernier never see NHL ice in Devils colors again

2nd awful game against the Caps in just the last few weeks. Both of them at home too.

The Caps played a pretty stiffing game tonight imo. Not saying a better team couldn't have generated more against them. But I'll give them some credit.

Oh no question. I'm impressed at the changes Trotz has been able to get. But this was clearly an example of how the Devils will be overmatched more often than not this year.

One positive is that Elias looks better now, looks healthier and able to skate and make plays. The negative is pretty much everybody else looks awful. Zajac, Jagr, Havlat all looked bad or were lost. Gomez did mostly nothing. Even defensively pretty much all of them were bad maybe except for Helgeson.

Starting to dislike a large contingent of our fanbase as much as I hate Rangers fans. If you took a vote, half our fanbase would place this whole loss on Schneider, and it's terrifying how we can be that stupid. Has nothing to do with, uh, not scoring a goal today (or Wednesday's game). Perfectly okay to be held scoreless in our building 2 out of 3 home games.

Starting to dislike a large contingent of our fanbase as much as I hate Rangers fans. If you took a vote, half our fanbase would place this whole loss on Schneider, and it's terrifying how we can be that stupid. Has nothing to do with, uh, not scoring a goal today (or Wednesday's game). Perfectly okay to be held scoreless in our building 2 out of 3 home games.

Granted Cory has NOT lived up to expectations, but if Kinkaid was in and the second coming of Marty as people want to make him out to be now they still would have lost this game 3-0 at best.  So Backstrom shanked an open wrister from the faceoff dot past him, bfd.  Without that goal they still get curbstomped.  Let's ignore the fact Greene went to cover Ovechkin who was falling down and Harrold went behind the net leaving Backstrom wide open.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

Totally true, and part of the reason I'm considering retiring from this board. It's fun to crack jokes about our horrible play, but so many people on this board know nothing and think they know everything. It's irritating.

Totally agree

What is it that everyone has against Bernier? The guy has been great for a 4th liner this year. When he's being forced to play on what is essentially the 2nd line because we have no RW depth, a problem exacerbated by having to scratch Ryder who's on a 20 game goalless streak, he doesn't look great anymore. That being said, I think he was just fine tonight. Didn't look terribly out of place.