I really am beginning to hate our fans.

HellOnICE

I have a suggestion.  If you do not like yelling, "You Suck", then don't.  If you don't like yelling things about the Rangers and Flyers when neither of those teams is playing, then don't.  If you don't like yelling about the goalie or coach, then don't.

If the behavior offends you, then lighten up and realize that people go to games as a release and part of that release for some is to act differently than they would in real life.  If you are worried that you are bringing people who might be offended and think differently about you, then explain to them beforehand about what to expect.  

Well said.

And this is why this thread needs to be locked. People aren't changing their views on this and it just turns into personal attacks. Couldn't be more pointless.

this is what this ENTIRE board has turned into.

Has anyone tried to rally other people into overpowering the ys chant with a lgd chant or something else? I actually wouldn't be surprised if they start piping that into the pa at some point if it really bothers them.

THIS.  I want us to get a group of people together at a game, and after a goal, I've been doing the LGD during the goal song, but we need a response when that vuvuzela moron starts, we will overpower them with our own chant.  "STOP THE SUCK-ERS clap clap clap clap clap" lol

Has anyone tried to rally other people into overpowering the ys chant with a lgd chant or something else? I actually wouldn't be surprised if they start piping that into the pa at some point if it really bothers them.

The let's go Devils piped in chant is already there and was there last year in the goal song.

THIS. I want us to get a group of people together at a game, and after a goal, I've been doing the LGD during the goal song, but we need a response when that vuvuzela moron starts, we will overpower them with our own chant. "STOP THE SUCK-ERS clap clap clap clap clap" lol

Honestly I think the message boards make a bigger deal of than the general public. The majority either do the chant or don't care that others do it.

I am a member of several message boards, and this one is the only one where the members outright attack each other for the other's opinions all day long. 

As I like to say, opinions are like a-holes, and most of them other than mine stink. 

It's a real shocker that many active posters have left over the past couple years..... 2 admins with full time jobs is no way to run a serious online community

Edited by Colin226

I am a member of several message boards, and this one is the only one where the members outright attack each other for the other's opinions all day long. 

As I like to say, opinions are like a-holes, and most of them other than mine stink. 

There's a few disruptive posters here - throw them out and this place clears up almost immediately.  Unfortunately a lot of the good, decent Devil fans have already gone (and I may be responsible for some of that too so I'm not saying I'm perfect by any stretch) but hey, closing barn doors is still a good idea. 

This thread should have been locked ages ago.

Colin:  this board doesn't get a lot of traffic.  Two people can handle moderating it.

Edited by Triumph

THIS. I want us to get a group of people together at a game, and after a goal, I've been doing the LGD during the goal song, but we need a response when that vuvuzela moron starts, we will overpower them with our own chant. "STOP THE SUCK-ERS clap clap clap clap clap" lol

What if you get everyone to go...

Hey! You suck-ceed our expectations!

THIS.  I want us to get a group of people together at a game, and after a goal, I've been doing the LGD during the goal song, but we need a response when that vuvuzela moron starts, we will overpower them with our own chant.  "STOP THE SUCK-ERS clap clap clap clap clap" lol

I'm not sure starting another stupid chant to counteract a different stupid chant is the way to go.

I think some of you guys are on a different wavelength than I am.  Again - I've said this before in various threads, but I think you guys are taking this too literally.

In my humble opinion, if you're in the building making noise - you're supporting the team.

What other fans are you speaking of?  Links, articles?

I'd love to see this, because thus far I've only seen Devils fans bitching about it.

It doesn't change the fact that it's an offensive chant albeit mildly offensive.  It's intended to be an insult.  You're not gonna go say You Suck to someone as a compliment.  You can't just ignore the literal meaning of the chant no matter what your intentions are.

And trust me.  The problem with you is that you live in your own bubble.  Those people are out there who think it's dumb to chant YS.

Why? No one's putting a gun to your face to read the stuff....and it's kept all the convo trapped in one dopey thread....you should be grateful for that :)

So, it seems the tension here is dying down.. umm... what else could we argue about..

Coke or Pepsi?  

Personally, I think Coke drinkers are simple minded babies who can't appreciate the rich taste of a Pepsi.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Soda sucks......and it makes you DDDIIIIEEEEEEE

now it's a chant they can debate about ;)

(seriously though....gave up soda four years ago....the idea of drinking stuff that can peel the paint off of my car....ew)