I really am beginning to hate our fans.

HellOnICE

The hatred of DeBoer and the players is missed directed and should never happened. This hatred needs to be directed to the responsible parties, the owners for the product they put on the ice and the prices they charge to see this product in person . It's as simple as that. No single player or group of players currently with the NJ DEVILS could be the problem considering who is the coach, that has been proven as of late. Injuries and sickness isn't the issue because it has been proven that the results are the same with different coaches with and without health players. So the issue is clearly with the owners. They are more interested in gouging the present STHS and the casual fan with their experience at the Rock than providing a competitive product on the ice.

If you continue to go to games and buy season tickets and individual tickets for the NJ Devils, along with buying the Devils merchandise then stop, let me repeat, stop complaining you deserve what you get.

I agree with HOI.  This is utterly nonsense.

OK, why would you say this?

If you can't defend your post it is of no value.

Just to humor you, the new owners have basically saved the franchise from eventual takeover by the NHL a la Phoenix, or even worse.  Not only that but they kept Lou in charge of the on-ice product and have so far given him carte blanche with the team regarding signings, how the on-ice operations are run, etc.  With that free reign they have given permission for Lou to spend as much or as little as he want in regards to team payroll, a luxury Lou didn't exactly have in the last few years under JVB.

The new owners took away Lou's influence over the business deals and fan relations portion, but still left him in charge of the actual on-ice product.  The owners are finally treating the business side of the Devils as, you know, a business instead of an expensive hobby like McMullen and JVB. 

After all this are you really going to keep saying that this is the owners fault?

Tickets prices actually decreased this year I believe so theres that.

Those damn owners!  How dare they! lol

For whatever it's worth, saw this on /r/devils

"I was in that group where the asshat booed Sal. He booed when they first announced the players as they walked on stage then booed Sal AGAIN when someone addressed him directly with a question.

I'm happy to say at least that Jamie (crazy Jamie from section 225 row 1) spoke up and reprimanded him loudly; said "show some respect" at which point the guy booing gets up and walks out.

That guy was a complete child and in no way represented the general attitude of the group In that session toward Sal."

Good to hear!

Just to humor you, the new owners have basically saved the franchise from eventual takeover by the NHL a la Phoenix, or even worse.  Not only that but they kept Lou in charge of the on-ice product and have so far given him carte blanche with the team regarding signings, how the on-ice operations are run, etc.  With that free reign they have given permission for Lou to spend as much or as little as he want in regards to team payroll, a luxury Lou didn't exactly have in the last few years under JVB.

The new owners took away Lou's influence over the business deals and fan relations portion, but still left him in charge of the actual on-ice product.  The owners are finally treating the business side of the Devils as, you know, a business instead of an expensive hobby like McMullen and JVB. 

After all this are you really going to keep saying that this is the owners fault?

Of course he is, cause he doesn't like Lou and the owners let Lou run the show.

The hatred of DeBoer and the players is missed directed and should never happened. This hatred needs to be directed to the responsible parties, the owners for the product they put on the ice and the prices they charge to see this product in person . It's as simple as that. 

That's about as misdirected as it gets, my friend. My season ticket package cost went DOWN this year haha... The new owners took control less than a year and a half ago, I don't think even 1% of our problems can be attributed to them, honestly, and that 1% is a stretch.

Edited by DJ Eco

"I was in that group where the asshat booed Sal. He booed when they first announced the players as they walked on stage then booed Sal AGAIN when someone addressed him directly with a question.

I'm happy to say at least that Jamie (crazy Jamie from section 225 row 1) spoke up and reprimanded him loudly; said "show some respect" at which point the guy booing gets up and walks out.

That guy was a complete child and in no way represented the general attitude of the group In that session toward Sal."

I also am happy to hear at least someone said something to that ass-clown.

You don't have to be the pathetic hall monitor that you are in every topic.

Is this really the best you can do? It's such a lame attack. It's not even original.

Anyway, I do have a problem with the topic but I don't think that should disqualify the thread. I do however, see a consistent pattern of you going around looking to criticize, hate on, and disparage Devils fans. It's all you ever do. If someone else had posted exactly what you posted, I absolutely would have given it more credibility. You have none.

Edited by Neb00rs

So wait this was ONE guy or a few guys booing?  If it was one guy then this is a lot of ado about nothing.  Anyone can be a lone nut idiot.

Is this really the best you can do? It's such a lame attack. It's not even original.

Anyway, I do have a problem with the topic but I don't think that should disqualify the thread. I do however, see a consistent pattern of you going around looking to criticize, hate on, and disparage Devils fans. It's all you ever do. If someone else had posted exactly what you posted, I absolutely would have given it more credibility. You have none.

So there you go. You don't even go after content with me you just see my name and instantly you go into your usual nonsense. Half of what you post is about how and what other posters can post about. You could have just not posted, but you HAD to post a jab at me (again!) when I haven't mentioned or said anything to you in weeks.

When I joined almost five years ago you were part of a small group of posters who used to be sort of forum hall monitors, especially to new posters. You guys used to chase new posters right out immediately if they didn't post according to your guidelines. Since then some have stopped posting, some have gotten better, but you are the only one who is exactly the same.

Congrats you lonely, remaining pathetic forum hall monitor troll.

So wait this was ONE guy or a few guys booing? If it was one guy then this is a lot of ado about nothing. Anyone can be a lone nut idiot.

I've heads different numbers too. Some said one, some said a family and some said more. I really don't know myself but even one is too much. Edited by DevsMan84

So there you go. You don't even go after content with me you just see my name and instantly you go into your usual nonsense. Half of what you post is about how and what other posters can post about. You could have just not posted, but you HAD to post a jab at me (again!) when I haven't mentioned or said anything to you in weeks.

When I joined almost five years ago you were part of a small group of posters who used to be sort of forum hall monitors, especially to new posters. You guys used to chase new posters right out immediately if they didn't post according to your guidelines. Since then some have stopped posting, some have gotten better, but you are the only one who is exactly the same.

You are the king of personal attacks on these boards buddy, especially when you joined. I always stick to content, which I pretty much did here. It is just that your 'content' is always bashing Devils fans and so I took issue with that. And because you didn't like that, you got angry (no surprise) and lashed out at me in an unrelated area, rather than argue as to why I am wrong

So wait this was ONE guy or a few guys booing?  If it was one guy then this is a lot of ado about nothing.  Anyone can be a lone nut idiot.

Exactly. And it is so sad that this is all hearsay and 'much ado' has been made about it.

Edited by Neb00rs

You are the king of personal attacks on these boards buddy, especially when you joined. I always stick to content, which I pretty much did here. It is just that your 'content' is always bashing Devils fans and so I took issue with that. And because you didn't like that, you got angry (no surprise) and lashed out at me in an unrelated area, rather than argue as to why I am wrong

Exactly. And it is so sad that this is all hearsay and 'much ado' has been made about it.

Lashed out at you? You are the one who took a jab at me here after I didn't mention you at all. You even admitted that if it was another poster you wouldn't have cared but because it's me you decided to post. You always point the finger at other posters and call them trolls but here you are being one.

You didn't stick to content, you basically started and have continued to say how this discussion is invalid just because I posted it. How is constantly repeating that you think this topic is dumb because I posted it adding anyhing? Any other user you would have had no problem.

You literally sought to go after me here and posted to take a jab at me. You are also the only one to have an issue with me posting about what happened in this thread today.

Again you are the king of being a sad pathetic hall monitor (you are even doing it again in your response to 4978) and a hypocrite to boot.

Edited by DevsMan84

Lashed out at you? You are the one who took a jab at me here after I didn't mention you at all. You even admitted that if it was another poster you wouldn't have cared but because it's me you decided to post. You always point the finger at other posters and call them trolls but here you are being one.

You didn't stick to content, you basically started and have continued to say how this discussion is invalid just because I posted it. How is constantly repeating that you think this topic is dumb because I posted it adding anyhing? Any other user you would have had no problem.

You literally sought to go after me here and posted to take a jab at me. You are also the only one to have an issue with me posting about what happened in this thread today.

Again you are the king of being a sad pathetic hall monitor (you are even doing it again in your response to 4978) and a hypocrite to boot.

Please show me one post where I called someone a troll. One. Yes, I took a jab at your post and your posts in general (not at you as a person). And I never denied that. Get over it. You seriously have to control your emotions better on this board. Meanwhile you have called me 'sad pathetic hall monitor' in every post you make. If you don't like what I replied to you, and it makes you so upset that you throw a tantrum and start name calling like a child, my advice to you is just ignore me. I chose to point out that you bash Devils fans at every chance you get. You lashed out at me. I don't think you're a bad poster - never have - but this is a bad subject for you in my opinion. However, it's hard to take back the things you have said to me. Think about that. It's like you don't think before you post. You just get all riled up and whatever comes out comes out.

And btw, I have no idea what your issue is with my response to 4978, I agreed with him??? 

Edited by Neb00rs

So it was one idiot, and he was reprimanded and excused himself. This isn't significant and not accurate to paint an entire fan base with his brush.

Nebs you are a massive contradiction sometimes . I dont get it, you are a good poster but then something like this happens. Look back and read some of the things you say, its a never ending theme.

Why does it matter what some posters want to talk about or how they want to talk about it?

Edited by Zubie#8

Please show me one post where I called someone a troll. One. Yes, I took a jab at your post and your posts in general (not at you as a person). And I never denied that. Get over it. You seriously have to control your emotions better on this board. Meanwhile you have called me 'sad pathetic hall monitor' in every post you make. If you don't like what I replied to you, and it makes you so upset that you throw a tantrum and start name calling like a child, my advice to you is just ignore me. I chose to point out that you bash Devils fans at every chance you get. You lashed out at me. I don't think you're a bad poster - never have - but this is a bad subject for you in my opinion. However, it's hard to take back the things you have said to me. Think about that. It's like you don't think before you post. You just get all riled up and whatever comes out comes out.

And btw, I have no idea what your issue is with my response to 4978, I agreed with him???

You take a random jab at me and then pull the innocent card and the "well you could have just ignored me" every time I take a jab back. That is Ben00rs to a T and I've seen you do it countless times to other posters over the last five years. Get over yourself.

This all could have been avoided if you just didn't post. You saw what the topic was about and when you saw it was me who posted you just HAD to post. Hell you admitted if it was another poster you wouldn't have cared. How about you take your own advice and ignore me and my posts? Nah instead you try to place the blame on me. That's rich. That's like Triumph (whom you know we have not historically gotten along with each other) posting in a stat thread a post about stats and me taking a jab at him and basically telling him he shouldn't be posting and then try to pull the innocent card when he reacts. You would be calling me out for taking a jab at triumph in the first place.

Next time think before you provoke people and maybe you won't get a reputation on here as a master provoker.

Glad that it looks like it was only one guy who did the booing, and who apparently was promptly told to shut up. 

this is another reason why putting the C on him was a mistake from the start... he was already declining, fans were not thrilled about him at all, he's not "on par" lets say with other captains in the league, he couldnt "lead" on the ice or really have an impact.

I mean i get that a big block shot or a hit or the way he handles himself are all good things etc etc

But putting the C on a guy like that is only gonna expose him even more and the backlash from the fans is inevitable. 

And this is just dumb.  Being a team captain isn't strictly based on ability...there's been plenty of "best player" types who weren't meant to be captains.  I also don't remember some mass outcry over his being named captain when it was announced.  What, do you think the Devils' slide could've somehow been averted if someone else had been named captain?  Sure, in fairy-tale world, a captain is an endless well of inspirational speeches and game-changing plays and someone who somehow manages to get all of his teammates to overachieve.  The captains only have so much impact.   

As for a backlash, I'm sorry, there's no defending someone booing him at a meet-and-greet.  It's a classless act and that's not the place to do it.  Sal's not a bad person; he's merely a bad, aging player who's not what he was.  He's clearly accepted that, as he's made it very easy for the Devils to sit him...if anything, he deserves kudos for being a good soldier. 

Those damn owners!  How dare they! lol

Thank you. I agree with you 100%. I also like the other answers that were posted as a reply to my original post.

So it seems we all agree the problem with the team on the ice this season and last season and before is not the fault of the owners, coaches and players. I don't need to go any further.

You take a random jab at me and then pull the innocent card and the "well you could have just ignored me" every time I take a jab back. That is Ben00rs to a T and I've seen you do it countless times to other posters over the last five years. Get over yourself.

This all could have been avoided if you just didn't post. You saw what the topic was about and when you saw it was me who posted you just HAD to post. Hell you admitted if it was another poster you wouldn't have cared. How about you take your own advice and ignore me and my posts? Nah instead you try to place the blame on me. That's rich. That's like Triumph (whom you know we have not historically gotten along with each other) posting in a stat thread a post about stats and me taking a jab at him and basically telling him he shouldn't be posting and then try to pull the innocent card when he reacts. You would be calling me out for taking a jab at triumph in the first place.

Next time think before you provoke people and maybe you won't get a reputation on here as a master provoker.

You keep repeating the same thing "You took a jab at me, you took a jab at me." Sheesh, are you that sensitive? What you don't seem to understand is that I didn't want to avoid anything, that's why I posted. You are the one who is beyond furious here and blew this up in to some grand scheme I have or whatever. I don't have a reputation as a provoker to anyone but you and maybe another poster or two, all of which (aside from you) are known crazies on this board, and just because you say it doesn't make it true. What you don't get is that I don't care what anyone thinks of me, and perhaps you should learn from that. It's so silly that you think I would be worried about my 'reputation'. I also CLEARLY took the blame. I DID take a jab at you, you just need to get over it. Are you seriously worried about blame? That sounds so childish. 'Pull the innocence card'??? Lol what is someone going to give me a timeout?

Again, I made a point: That you bash Devils fans at every chance you get. And now it is reinforced and it stands because you threw a tantrum instead of disagreeing and either arguing back or ignoring it.

You keep repeating the same thing "You took a jab at me, you took a jab at me." Sheesh, are you that sensitive? What you don't seem to understand is that I didn't want to avoid anything, that's why I posted. You are the one who is beyond furious here and blew this up in to some grand scheme I have or whatever. I don't have a reputation as a provoker to anyone but you and maybe another poster or two, all of which (aside from you) are known crazies on this board, and just because you say it doesn't make it true. What you don't get is that I don't care what anyone thinks of me, and perhaps you should learn from that. It's so silly that you think I would be worried about my 'reputation'. I also CLEARLY took the blame. I DID take a jab at you, you just need to get over it. Are you seriously worried about blame? That sounds so childish. 'Pull the innocence card'??? Lol what is someone going to give me a timeout?

Again, I made a point: That you bash Devils fans at every chance you get. And now it is reinforced and it stands because you threw a tantrum instead of disagreeing and either arguing back or ignoring it.

Who cares that I bash some of our fans and how can I argue back with someone who is not trying to start a reasonable argument but just wants to take a shot at me?  You seem to especially get your panties into a knot when I post about this particular topic.  If it was any other poster you wouldn't have cared but since it was me you HAD to take a shot at me.

How about taking your own advice and not care what my opinion is since it clearly is important enough to you to seek me out every time?  Get a life dude.