Countdown to the Playoffs

BostonNala370

39 games played only 2 more games to go to the mid point.

We have 33 points, we need 93 to make the playoffs so we need 60 more points.

That's only winning 30 of the remaining 43 games.

Lou says it takes a winning attitude, confidence, speed and out play the other team plus shooting a lot of pucks on net.

We are the only NHL team with 3 coaches the best GM in the business, one of the best defensive players and one of the best offensive players all severing as coaches.

What more would we want?

DeBoer put on his resume it took 3 coaches to replace him and get the same results.

Lou says it takes a winning attitude, confidence, speed and out play the other team plus shooting a lot of pucks on net.

We are the only NHL team with 3 coaches the best GM in the business, one of the best defensive players and one of the best offensive players all severing as coaches.

What more would we want?

DeBoer put on his resume it took 3 coaches to replace him and get the same results.

So all we need to do is double our points % in the 2nd half. That's nothing, lol.

What more would we want?

I think you might need more than 93. The top four teams in the Metro are separated by seven points. The Isles and Pens each with 51. The Caps with 45 and the Rangers with 44. We're not even at the midway point. You could be looking at all four hitting 100. The Atlantic boasts the 3-headed monster of the Habs, Bolts and Wings. Tampa has 52 and Montreal 50 while Detroit is at 49. Those are good teams with goaltending and star talent. Then you got the Leafs at 45. An unpredictable high scoring team that either wins big or loses. The Bruins at 42 are out right now. Florida is improved but it's basically due to Luongo. The Jackets have been riddled with injuries but still capable of making a push.

The playoffs for the Devils is unrealistic. Most posters here have already concluded that. They're at a crossroads. The coaching changes could help develop players. But it shouldn't prevent them from selling at the deadline and being part of the McDavid/Eichel lottery.

I think you might need more than 93. The top four teams in the Metro are separated by seven points. The Isles and Pens each with 51. The Caps with 45 and the Rangers with 44. We're not even at the midway point. You could be looking at all four hitting 100. The Atlantic boasts the 3-headed monster of the Habs, Bolts and Wings. Tampa has 52 and Montreal 50 while Detroit is at 49. Those are good teams with goaltending and star talent. Then you got the Leafs at 45. An unpredictable high scoring team that either wins big or loses. The Bruins at 42 are out right now. Florida is improved but it's basically due to Luongo. The Jackets have been riddled with injuries but still capable of making a push.

The playoffs for the Devils is unrealistic. Most posters here have already concluded that. They're at a crossroads. The coaching changes could help develop players. But it shouldn't prevent them from selling at the deadline and being part of the McDavid/Eichel lottery.

It doesn't matter they can't make 93 so of 100 is the number just fire Lou or force him to retire. Edited by BostonNala370

Did you start an impossible playoff thread just for a round about way to explain that you don't like Lou? Because you do that in half the other threads already

It isn't about like or dislike, it's about reality, Devils reality.

Numbers are numbers they don't lie.

Edited by BostonNala370

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but did you just say 'only' in front of going 29-12?

Lou said you have to believe, he is the coach, one of three. BTW we should send you to all the games this was one of our best played. TDid you enjoy yourself at this game? The crowd must have been upbeat.

It's also factual that they have a 0.2 percent chance of making the playoffs.

I am not sure that 0.2 percent is factual. If you are trying to tell me it's a difficult task I won't disagree but it's possible especially with a talented coach like Lou, a rookie coach like Stevens and a once fired coach like Oates. Why is there no word from Lou about the firing of Barr?

I am not sure that 0.2 percent is factual. If you are trying to tell me it's a difficult task I won't disagree but it's possible especially with a talented coach like Lou, a rookie coach like Stevens and a once fired coach like Oates. Why is there no word from Lou about the firing of Barr?

Yeah. We got it. You hate Lou, you don't like the assistant coaches, Barr was screwed.

There's no point in hiring a coach to inherit this. They are calling mulligan on the year.

Yeah. We got it. You hate Lou, you don't like the assistant coaches, Barr was screwed.

There's no point in hiring a coach to inherit this. They are calling mulligan on the year.

I have told you it's not about like or dislike of Lou. I like Stevens and Oates. What should have happened mmiwas after Loujj fired DeBoer he should have went behind the bench to coach his team all by himself.

I don't think it would be fair to in bring another coach into this mess to finish the season.

It is.