Countdown to the Playoffs

BostonNala370

I guess the real countdown should be to the trade deadline... which is March 2nd... Jan 11th right now

So 49 days away. 19 games remaining. 

We're 15-21-8. 

NJ - 38pts in 44

ARI - 36pts in 41

CAR - 31 in 42

BUF - 31 in 43

EDM - 29 in 42

So we have more games than everyone under us in the standings.

Will be interesting to see what Lou does

I guess the real countdown should be to the trade deadline... which is March 2nd... Jan 11th right now

We're 15-21-8.

NJ - 38pts in 44

ARI - 36pts in 41

CAR - 31 in 42

BUF - 31 in 43

EDM - 29 in 42

I'm hoping sell sell sell sell. A top 5 pick with an extra 2nd or 3rd would be nice to look forward to on draft day Edited by Devil Dan 56

I'm hoping sell sell sell sell. A top 5 pick with an extra 2nd or 3rd would be nice to look forward to on draft day

Yep, same here.  

We can only hope.

---------------------------------------------

To anyone who might know or have a quick way of finding out - when did Lou start selling off Vets during the MacLean/Lemaire season?

We're 15-21-8. 

NJ - 38pts in 44

ARI - 36pts in 41

CAR - 31 in 42

BUF - 31 in 43

EDM - 29 in 42

The only players we could or should sell are:

Jagr, Ruutu, Zidlicky, Josefson, and Havlet.

Do you have others?

What do you think we could get for these guys?

I think with the exception of Jagr and Havlet the others would only get usa a 4 or 5 pick. Jagr a 3 pick and Zidicky a 2 pick.

Yep, same here.  

We can only hope.

---------------------------------------------

To anyone who might know or have a quick way of finding out - when did Lou start selling off Vets during the MacLean/Lemaire season?

he didnt really, Arnott asked for a trade im pretty sure... and langenbrunner HAD to be traded when Elias was taken off the LTIR, remember we were over the cap and had to play a man down and all the sh!t show. He did not trade him cause we were not part of the playoffs or anything

Edited by SterioDesign

Lou had been trying to trade Langenbrunner before the season even started; my supposition being because Langenbrunner was a negative locker room influence at that point. Langenbrunner kept saying no until the team had lost so much he was glad to leave and finally waived his no trade clause.

you guys don't remember that whole mess? Lou himself later admitted he fvcked up and that there was a "black cloud" floating in the locker room cause guys knew someone had to get traded because of the roster mess being over the cap but were fine as long Elias was on LTIR

you guys don't remember that whole mess? Lou himself later admitted he fvcked up and that there was a "black cloud" floating in the locker room cause guys knew someone had to get traded because of the roster mess being over the cap but were fine as long Elias was on LTIR

Yeah but Lou also tried to trade Langenbrunner before the season to avoid some of the mess. Langs refused to waive his no-trade.

Langs was likely traded because he wasn't that good anymore and he was a bad locker room influence. He wasn't traded, at the point he was, due to the cap.

But of course we all know Lou wouldnt tell the whole story to the media 

On ask why the trade was made, Lou made two points:

1.  With this season's payroll and the salary cap situation heading into next season, there are players who need to be resigned for next season (most likely Zach Parise) over him. He says Jamie would not have been resigned and this was a opportunity to get something in return for a player who was entering free agency this off-season. 

2.  He also wants to give more ice time for younger guys, and they will inherit Langenbruner's time and special teams' roles. He didn't want to give Jamie less ice time at his salary.

Edited by SterioDesign

Lou has never been one to throw someone under the bus or air dirty laundry, especially with a guy like Jamie who did a lot before it went bad.

Yup agreed. We all seem to be arguing here somewhat haha but really were simply all agreeing that langs wasnt a sellers deadline trade.

Yup agreed. We all seem to be arguing here somewhat haha but really were simply all agreeing that langs wasnt a sellers deadline trade.

Yes, I agree there. He had to go either way. I think Lemaire coming in made it immediate. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Win 2 out of 3 games on the California road trip.

With 35 games remaining they only need 25 or 26 wins.

Lou might not be selling.

Stop bumping this thread just to tell everyone how many games the Devils need to win to get 92 or 94 points.

Here you go Nala: where n = number of points the Devils have, wins needed = (92 - n) ÷ 2. This solves your problem unto infinity. Now  :lock: .

Edited by Neb00rs

If anything miraculous is ever going to happen, it's going to be over the next 19 GP.  15 of them are home.  I'm not expecting much...maybe the Devils will find themselves around NHL .500 by the end of those 19 games.  I'll be stunned if it's anything more than that.