Breaking: Pete Deboer Fired

devilsrule33

Chere is right in some areas while coming off as another idiot wayward fan who only glances at situations instead of looking at the big picture in other areas.

Most of the article is click bait fodder and his nonsense about parise is exhibit A.

Brooks who has always been very praiseworthy of Lou pretty much called him out a few months ago for the situation the team finds itself in. Even Pierre McGuire was pretty critical of the Devils recently. The media is starting to take notice finally.

Chere is right in some areas while coming off as another idiot wayward fan who only glances at situations instead of looking at the big picture in other areas.

Most of the article is click bait fodder and his nonsense about parise is exhibit A.

Him getting on Lou for marketing stuff is pretty petty.  As if that really has anything to do with the Devils hockey team and whether Lou should be canned.  And saying Sutter left basically cause Lou was a tyrant :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

What does this even mean?

His system and strategy got the most out of average teams the past two years, but over the last 3 weeks or so an erosion began.

I wish PDB the best and still think he is an excellent tactician. 

Great article by Chere, which is like seeing Haley's comet: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/12/its_time_for_the_devils_to_thank_lou_lamoriello_and_show_him_the_door.html

Myabe I haven't been paying attention lately, but kinda surprising such a strong stance coming from Chere.  Was never really Lou's lap dog by any means, but always seemed to be parotting the company line.

Garbage article by Chere.

Brooks who has always been very praiseworthy of Lou pretty much called him out a few months ago for the situation the team finds itself in. Even Pierre McGuire was pretty critical of the Devils recently. The media is starting to take notice finally.

I'm not saying I disagree with Chere in regards to lou should step aside soon, but what he goes after lou is ridiculous and what I read all the time on facebook, Twitter and here.

I mentioned the parise situation specifically. Chere is getting on him for not re-signinf him during the season before he bolted. He never mentions that he was about to until his agent told him to wait until free agency. He also neglects the fact that JVB had no money to sign another monster contract with parise after the Kovy contract (he does briefly mention JVB finances as a possibility but a few paragraphs after). Oh and he also gets on lou for the bad signings like for Clowe and Ryder but doesn't mention the contract parise eventually got which could very well be an even bigger albatross of a contract a few years down the line.

And yeah I agree the marketing thing is petty and this is coming from me who has gone after lou for the marketing in the past. If anything Lou should be held accountable to the on-ice product and his timr is quickly coming to an end here, but Chere needs to be a little more objective and fair to Lou when he wants to tear him a new one in a click bait article

• Like 1

This is a rebuild. We will not be a contender next year and the reason we are in the mess we are in is because Lou is all out of bullets. This is a move of desperation by somebody who is out of moves and ideas.

IMO this couldn't be further than the truth. Look at Lou's track record- he's fired coaches on first place teams, he knows when a coach has run it's course. But we can agree to disagree.

I'm not saying I disagree with Chere in regards to lou should step aside soon, but what he goes after lou is ridiculous and what I read all the time on facebook, Twitter and here.

I mentioned the parise situation specifically. Chere is getting on him for not re-signinf him during the season before he bolted. He never mentions that he was about to until his agent told him to wait until free agency. He also neglects the fact that JVB had no money to sign another monster contract with parise after the Kovy contract (he does briefly mention JVB finances as a possibility but a few paragraphs after). Oh and he also gets on lou for the bad signings like for Clowe and Ryder but doesn't mention the contract parise eventually got which could very well be an even bigger albatross of a contract a few years down the line.

And yeah I agree the marketing thing is petty and this is coming from me who has gone after lou for the marketing in the past. If anything Lou should be held accountable to the on-ice product and his timr is quickly coming to an end here, but Chere needs to be a little more objective and fair to Lou when he wants to tear him a new one in a click bait article

Oh no doubt. Chere has been waiting to write this piece for awhile and was probably salivating. It will only get worse and I suspect more and more media types will jump on the bandwagon.

IMO this couldn't be further than the truth. Look at Lou's track record- he's fired coaches on first place teams, he knows when a coach has run it's course. But we can agree to disagree.

Eventually a GM runs their course too. As I've said if Lou was held to his own standards that he holds everyone else to, he would have been or be fired and so would have Conte.

Edited by coldply123

Seriously.  I agree with the general sentiment of the article (in the most vague sense possible) but he's such a joke at this point.

He's going to get 500 angry comments from Devils fans, which is exactly what he wants.

Seriously. I agree with the general sentiment of the article (in the most vague sense possible) but he's such a joke at this point.

He's going to get 500 angry comments from Devils fans, which is exactly what he wants.

Chere comes off badly here but there's a lot of Devil fans including a lot of longtime die hards that do think Lou needs to step aside.

Some of what Chere is saying has some merit, but he just sounds like a guy who's trying to get back at Lou for one reason or another...probably because Lou has seen what a joke Chere has become through the years. A lot of pettiness behind Chere's words.

There's a lot of dumbass Devils fans. This is nothing new. They have no idea how good they have had it. Rich too. He could've covered the Islanders all these years.

It's not unreasonable to want change HOI. There's reasoning to suggest it's time to do so.

There's a lot of dumbass Devils fans. This is nothing new. They have no idea how good they have had it. Rich too. He could've covered the Islanders all these years. 

That would have been a lot juicier. What makes covering the Devils so much better for Chere than the Islanders?

While Chere isn't totally wrong, it's clear he's discovered that having strong stands will get him clicks. His article has been passed around hockey twitter all evening, while a straight forward article TG writes probably gets a quarter of the page views.

Edited by devilsrule33

It's not unreasonable to want change HOI. There's reasoning to suggest it's time to do so.

No it's not unreasonable. You're right on that. 

That would have been a lot juicier. What makes covering the Devils so much better for Chere than the Islanders?

While Chere isn't totally wrong, it's clear he's discovered that having strong stands will get him clicks. His article has been passed around hockey twitter all evening, while a straight forward article TG writes probably gets a quarter of the pave views.

Reporters want to cover winners. Come on. It's a lot easier (funner)  to write about a good team than a bad one. Imagine being in a sh!tty locker room every year all the rime. 

Click bait baby.

No it's not unreasonable. You're right on that. 

Reporters want to cover winners. Come on. It's a lot easier (funner)  to write about a good team than a bad one. Imagine being in a sh!tty locker room every year all the rime. 

Click bait baby.

I guess a writer could be made more if the team went further? I have no clue how that works for beat writers.

Doubt it is fun covering the Devil good or bad. Most people are afraid to say sh!t on the record. Dealing with Lou is a pain in the ass.

If the GM treated Chere well and fed him scoops, he would be writing the opposite article.

Haha that is probably true but then we would all still be killing Chere for being a shill!

Yeah I don't think Chere gives a sh!t about covering a winner.  Lou does not give the beat reporters scoops and actively tries to prevent them from doing their job.  (N)Єverson was calling him Do Little Lou in the middle of him winning Stanley Cups.  It's not surprising that now that he's down that Chere would write that piece.