Oates and Stevens both coaching. Lou overlord. Barr Out.

ghdi

So I guess Lou is the equivalent of the head coach, Oates is the offensive coordinator and Stevens is the defensive coordinator?  Are the Devils moving to the AFC East or the NFC East?

Bizarre is the only word I can come up with for this. 

Lou's going to get killed for this in the short term. 

#firelouplz

General manager Lou Lamoriello did not comment on the reasons behind the move or a possible replacement for DeBoer. In a release, the Devils said there would be no further comment until after Lamoriello addresses the team Saturday morning.

That's great that he should tell the team first, but this business of keeping the fans in the dark is getting really old. Where's all the people claiming that as "paying fans" we all have the right to know what's going on with the team? Now's as good a time as ever to make that assertion...

What exactly are Lou's/The Management's motives here?! Just say F the rest of the season and start fresh next year? Firing PDB, if that was going to happen anyway, should have been done last off-season and a new coach installed before camp. There's no way this setup will come together in time

Edited by Legion15

The room must be way worse than anyone has let on to. This is the equivalent of having Dad come down and give the kids some attitude adjustment. It puts Lou in the trenches and will really allow him to see how bad this roster is, so that is a plus.(there is a huge difference between sitting at suite level and sending out the next line of garbage personally) Not sure why Dave Barr was fired. They could have just removed the row of seats behind the bench to fit him in. This is gonna be interesting for sure, this screams Lou is fighting for his job.

This just in... Oates has the mumps.

So I guess Lou is the equivalent of the head coach, Oates is the offensive coordinator and Stevens is the defensive coordinator?  Are the Devils moving to the AFC East or the NFC East?

Bizarre is the only word I can come up with for this. 

Lou's going to get killed for this in the short term. 

Lou claims him being on the bench is short-term whatever short-term means.  Maybe it means be on the bench a month or so until you can trade some of these clowns and get cracking on GM stuff in February :P

No wonder there was no leak about the head coach, cause we have no head coach.  And atm no captain either lol

I think press conferences should have Lou Stevens and Oates answering questions all at the same time.

Or have Stevens answer questions after the home games and Oates after the road games.  Sort of like what the Sabres did when Drury was captain for road games and Briere for home games (or the other way around).

This reeks of no one wanting to take the head coaching job.  This also reeks of Lou losing his marbles.  I can't see how "coaching by committee" is going to work with this group of washed up vets. 

It's going to become a beer league team soon considering that Oates and Stevens will only be there to facilitate lineups and line changes and that's it.

Honestly, if he was going to go this route, he should have had a "player coach or player coaches" like Jagr or Elias.  Remember when Chelsea FC had Gianluca Vialli as a player coach?  I think that would have been interesting to watch...lol.

Queue in the Price is Right's loser horn now...

Oh my word...

The room must be way worse than anyone has let on to. This is the equivalent of having Dad come down and give the kids some attitude adjustment. It puts Lou in the trenches and will really allow him to see how bad this roster is, so that is a plus.(there is a huge difference between sitting at suite level and sending out the next line of garbage personally) Not sure why Dave Barr was fired. They could have just removed the row of seats behind the bench to fit him in. This is gonna be interesting for sure, this screams Lou is fighting for his job.

The only rationale I can come up with is they felt he was a Pete loyalist or something was off in the room

No, it isn't. How in the world do you get there?

Okay my Martian friend, here's how. The owners happen to own a basketball where tanking is the stated strategy and there are two generational talents to be had. There is a mumps epidemic that is tearing through the locker room, with another victim just announced today. In the meantime you hastily fire a coach that the players still believe in, and has managed to keep a bad team if not competitive in the standings, at least most games. And you don't name an interim coach, but instead do, I don't know what.

It'll be official when Jagr gets traded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk