Oates and Stevens both coaching. Lou overlord. Barr Out.

ghdi

When they announce the starting lineups at the games, who will they announce as head coach?

I'm guessing nobody since Lou said neither guy has a title :P  And I don't think he let himself be announced when he was coach the other times.

I'll bet there'll be at least one Scotty Stevens chant on Monday though.

Jagr appears to have lost his puppy here. Highly motivated too.

Hes definitely dying his hair too. He figures to not lose too much with this move temporarily as Oates will likely use him as the linchpin on the PP. I do expect his minute overall to go down though. The already slim chance though of him being back again next year has likely dissipated though more and more as we move forward.

Lmfao I was thinking the same. They couldn't do any worse.

Oates probably.

It's hard for me to understand Lou's thinking. What went wrong this past week that hasn't been going on since the star of the season? So why fire DeBoer? Everyone and everythingis the same as last season, where wer4 you then Lou?, Are you sleeping Lou? Stevens left because he didn't think DeBoer was a good coach and you supported Stevens for leaving? This is confusing? Three head coaches is new but who cares, the Devils aren't going to make the playoffs. What real coach wants to take this team at this time, with Lou looking over their shoulder?

This is a joke. This is a trial run to a low pick.

lou has let deboer out of his misery, theres no more blood in this rock. Lou knew the season was over Christmas week. he knows this is now a throw away season, and least he has to know its 99% over. I dont believe this is a "saving" anything move. lou has to know that.

he also knows its a thankless potential career killer interm position, so the three headed monster sheilds these guys a bit. and it give lou a closer look at the kids  . I dont think its lou tryingg to show his system still works, I hope not. I hope he see this as a throw away

lou has let deboer out of his misery, theres no more blood in this rock. Lou knew the season was over Christmas week. he knows this is now a throw away season, and least he has to know its 99% over. I dont believe this is a "saving" anything move. lou has to know that.

he also knows its a thankless potential career killer interm position, so the three headed monster sheilds these guys a bit. and it give lou a closer look at the kids . I dont think its lou tryingg to show his system still works, I hope not. I hope he see this as a throw away

I think this is a short term perspective for Lou to see what's wrong with the team dynamics and certain guys and then let Stevens audition for a permanent role.

I think this is a short term perspective for Lou to see what's wrong with the team dynamics and certain guys and then let Stevens audition for a permanent role.

Bingo, at least to the first part. I haven't read this whole thread but I really believe that Oates and Stevens are here less as coaches, and more to work with guys and decide who is worth keeping around next year. And Lou is here to see these guys up close to get hands on and do the same so he can see guys on and off the ice from a new perspective. Every game is a tryout for next year for these guys. Bold strategy. Curious to see if it works.

Edited by PWW

*In Kevin Clarke voice*: AAAAND THE HEAD COACH OOOOF YOUR DEVILS, LOOOOU STOATES!

I'm kind of partial to Adam Stamoriello myself.