Oates and Stevens both coaching. Lou overlord. Barr Out.

ghdi

Was listening to WFAN on my way to work this morning and my, have we become a laughing stock. During the update, the two co-hosts filling in for Boomer and Carton were mocking the state of the team and the current coaching situation. I used to get defensive about anti-Devils talk, but can you really blame anyone for piling on?

By the way, I do appreciate Jagr saying that he seems to like what they are trying to do in terms of puck possesion and carrying the puck more than dumping it in.

Yeah but Jagr is also a guy who can't play the dump and chase game because his burst and speed is pretty close to being shot.

I don't put much stock into what Jagr wants or says. His success and preferences are opposite that of the team moving forward now.

Yeah but Jagr is also a guy who can't play the dump and chase game because his burst and speed is pretty close to being shot.

I don't put much stock into what Jagr wants or says. His success and preferences are opposite that of the team moving forward now.

You have to give him credit for saying he is playing poorly and that all the other players have to improve their games. His strength is a slower game. He wants to win and he doesn't throw anyone under the bus.He did say they need more practices but was quick to point out the schedule didn't allow for many more practice sessions. He said some coaches try to rest players Jagr says the coach has to be more creative with maybe shorter practices rather than none, sure makes sense to me.

Jagr shouldn't play the dump and chase game.  

And if your logic is that players are too slow for the dump and chase game, that rules out about half the forwards as well.

Was listening to WFAN on my way to work this morning and my, have we become a laughing stock. During the update, the two co-hosts filling in for Boomer and Carton were mocking the state of the team and the current coaching situation. I used to get defensive about anti-Devils talk, but can you really blame anyone for piling on?

Nothing more we can do but take it in stride. We have to accept our role as the worst of the 4 local hockey teams now, and among the worst in the league. It won't get much better anytime soon, so it's better we don't get too upset when people point out how bad we are, because we (on this board, amongst the fanbase, etc.) are all saying the same.

We were doing the same thing when the Rangers were sucking for those seven years...and so were many others (including the media).  Yeah, right now Lou is coming off as desperate and out-of-touch with both the three-headed Franken-coach move and some of his post-game quotes.  I understand the quotes...before he decides he has no other choice but to trade off players that aren't bringing much back anyway, he's seeing if ANYTHING can be salvaged (be it some wins, increased trade value, etc).  No, there's probably not much that can be done with this team, and Lou will see that very soon, if he hasn't already.  But if he's trying to build players up, I don't expect him to be 100% honest about the state of his team, even if what he says publicly sounds almost borderline ridiculous (and I think he knows it, but like others have noted, Lou isn't one to care what people think of him).

If any other team was doing what the Devils are right now, we'd be laughing at them pretty hard too.  It is what it is.  At least we're not THAT far removed from having seen success.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

If any other team was doing what the Devils are right now, we'd be laughing at them pretty hard too.  It is what it is.  At least we're not THAT far removed from having seen success.   

We're starting to get there though. During the Devils pre-game intro, when they show the Devils three Stanley Cup moments, I guess it's because I've seen it 15+ times this season, but it's starting to depress me. I feel like the Rangers "past glory" fan that we usually make fun of.

Jagr shouldn't play the dump and chase game.  

And if your logic is that players are too slow for the dump and chase game, that rules out about half the forwards as well.

Exactly why I despise this roster and the philosophy we had moved to.  Clean it out.

It seems to me from what I have read that the players welcome the help to improve offered by Stevens and Oates suggesting that DeBoer offer no new ideas to improve each player. In General I think they liked DeBoer but wanted more structure and suggestions for improvement, more practice . Sounds like DeBoer was a players coach, meaning don't push them.. Doesn't matter, it's too late thanks to Lou.

Edited by BostonNala370

It seems to me from what I have read that the players welcome the help to improve offered by Stevens and Oates suggesting that DeBoer offer no new ideas to improve each player. In General I think they liked DeBoer but wanted more structure and suggestions for improvement, more practice . Sounds like DeBoer was a players coach, meaning don't push them.. Doesn't matter, it's too late thanks to Lou.

Why give Lou grief for acting in a pragmatic fashion if you are in favor of us being in the running for McDavid or Eichel?

Why give Lou grief for acting in a pragmatic fashion if you are in favor of us being in the running for McDavid or Eichel?

You always play to win in every sport until it becomes obvious you can't. If moves can be made before that point so you don't get to the obvious then they should be made so you continue onto your goal to win.

That didn't happen with Lou in charge actually it was a repeat of a same situation with the Devils. Too late, Lou. He should have learned from his admitted mistake.