NFL Off Season 2015 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, entire staff let go. That makes a bit more sense, but it's a bold move.

Is that definite? Haven't seen anything concrete about the Fox's staff yet.

Looks like they're going to blow this up.

lol I'd be fine with Bowles tbh, considering the work he did with that defense losing all-pro guy after all-pro guy they still remained competitive even with a minus offense in the playoffs.

If I'm Quinn I need a real answer as to what the plan is in Denver before I take that job.

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol I'd be fine with Bowles tbh, considering the work he did with that defense losing all-pro guy after all-pro guy they still remained competitive even with a minus offense in the playoffs.

If I'm Quinn I need a real answer as to what the plan is in Denver before I take that job.

Bowles is a heavy favorite to land in Atlanta actually, though again with Denver opening up this all could change immediately. Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Bowles is a heavy favorite to land in Atlanta actually, though again with Denver opening up this all could change immediately.

Bowles was interviewing with us for a second time this week.  I wasn't sure there was a favorite in Atlanta atm, I figured they're probably waiting for McDaniels/Quinn/whoever since they seem to be in no hurry.

And ATLANTA would be a great fit for Fox tbh though I'm sure the same factions that didn't want Rex won't want another big-name coach there.

btw no shot at Fox to the Jets:

John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Here's the link from the local Atlanta paper:

It's a bit presumptious on a couple points, most notably that McDaniels will stay in NE, but if Atlanta wants a coach in place this week, that might not be wrong necessarily.  Bowles is going to interview #2 with Atlanta on Wednesday.  There's also this:

Bowles is believed to have a major supporter in the Falcons hierarchy in assistant general manager Scott Pioli, whose father-in-law is Bill Parcells. Bowles worked for Parcells in Dallas and Miami.

...and now Adam Scheffner is reporting that the Broncos want to interview Dan Quinn. What a ballsack kick that would be for the Jets after Quinn was their man pretty much all along.

it would be. However if Manning is indeed done that job becomes a lot less desirable

If it's Quinn to Denver and Bowles to Atlanta the Jets may have to go after Mike Shanahan. Which may not be a bad thing.

Edited by '7'

Gase is having a Second interview with SF tomorrowhttp://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article6174798.html

Thurman is back with Rex as Buffalos DC, really don't think letting Schwartz go was a good ideahttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/reports-dennis-thurman-to-be-bills-defensive-coordinator/

Edited by CarterforPresident

Bowles is going for a 2nd interview with the Jets and Altanta. Atlanta seems ready to offer him a job but he's going to the Jets first (Ian Rappaport tweeted "will the Jets let him leave?")

I'm wondering how serious we are about Bowles. We may be worried that Quinn will slip away to Denver and we'll lose our #2 (which is Bowles apparently)

Apparently Jason Garrett is on the cusp of a new 5 year deal, which I'd be impressed with if I didn't think for a second Jerry would write the check himself to cut Garrett loose if he falls flat.  Marinelli to Tampa is also very much alive, but Jones made some kind of public statement about keeping Rod, so who knows where that one goes.

Apparently Jason Garrett is on the cusp of a new 5 year deal, which I'd be impressed with if I didn't think for a second Jerry would write the check himself to cut Garrett loose if he falls flat.  Marinelli to Tampa is also very much alive, but Jones made some kind of public statement about keeping Rod, so who knows where that one goes.

the ONLY reason I'm not throwing foreign objects across my living room today is the fact that he might have the two best coordinators in football under Garrett, keeping his idiocy in check (ESPECIALLY Marinelli)....open that goddamned check book Jerry and FIX THIS!

In the end, Jerry Jones will find a way to mess things up.   I love how he was on every Football show last week bragging about the Cowboys success and talking Super Bowl.   Karma baby!

sh!t on Jerry as you do enjoy too, the last few years he's been getting it right.... fix the O-line, let Deadwood Demarcus go and steal money from the Broncos, you can do a LOT worse in the NFL now then Jerry Jones....ask the REDSKINS....or the Dolphins about that......

sh!t on Jerry as you do enjoy too, the last few years he's been getting it right.... fix the O-line, let Deadwood Demarcus go and steal money from the Broncos, you can do a LOT worse in the NFL now then Jerry Jones....ask the REDSKINS....or the Dolphins about that......

Just remember what happened last draft. Didn't they tackle him and tie him up, so he wouldn't take Manziel?

Edited by devilsrule33

Just remember what happened last draft. Didn't they tackkle him and tie him up, so he wouldn't take Manziel?

and whoever tackled him should have been Sean Lee's replacement :lol:

Speaking of that....how funny is it that the Trent Richardson trade backfired on BOTH teams..... healthy scratch in Indy....and the Browns are stuck with Johnny Backup......

Paul Hackett, Brian Schottenheimer, Tom Moore, Tony Sparano, Marty Mornhinweg, and now Kyle Shanahan.. since 2005

*UPDATED -- The GM's since 2005: Terry Bradway, Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, Mike Maccagnan..

image_zpsb73376d6.jpg

*UPDATED -- The GM's since 2005: Terry Bradway, Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, Mike Maccagnan..

image_zpsb73376d6.jpg

He was the guy who suggested they draft JJ Watt...fwiw

But his drafting record overall is mixed. Not bad, but not great.

He seems to be an under the radar type GM, pure personnel guy.