GDT: Out with the old, Devils vs Wings New Years Eve 7:30

DevilMinder

So much for that. Bad breaks there though. Oh well.

Looks like Bernier might be hurt though.

Looks like a possible knee injury for Bernier.

It's only been 3 games, and I already see improvements on the defensive aspect of their game.  It's a lot more quiet instead of running around.  Sure they're still breaking down, but not to the level it was with Dumboer.  Despite the fact we only had 13 shots, we also only gave up 28 which isn't a whole lot.  And 2 of the 3 goals weren't traditional goals.  Both were kind of flukey goals.  The Helm breakaway goal was a bad defensive gaff, but nobody said this was gonna happen overnight.

Now to work on the offensive side.  But you can't improve the offense without improving the defense.  These past 3 games are a step in the right direction.

It's only been 3 games, and I already see improvements on the defensive aspect of their game. It's a lot more quiet instead of running around. Sure they're still breaking down, but not to the level it was with Dumboer. Despite the fact we only had 13 shots, we also only gave up 28 which isn't a whole lot. And 2 of the 3 goals weren't traditional goals. Both were kind of flukey goals. The Helm breakaway goal was a bad defensive gaff, but nobody said this was gonna happen overnight.

Now to work on the offensive side. But you can't improve the offense without improving the defense. These past 3 games are a step in the right direction.

Agreed. I Think they have shown much improvement. They almost had something going tonight against a great team. If they played a lesser team it may have been enough.

I'll add, though, where the hell are our offensive players again? They had it going against Pittsburgh, but other than that Zajac, Henrique, Jagr, and especially Cammalleri have been ghosts.

Edited by mfitz804

It's only been 3 games, and I already see improvements on the defensive aspect of their game. It's a lot more quiet instead of running around. Sure they're still breaking down, but not to the level it was with Dumboer. Despite the fact we only had 13 shots, we also only gave up 28 which isn't a whole lot. And 2 of the 3 goals weren't traditional goals. Both were kind of flukey goals. The Helm breakaway goal was a bad defensive gaff, but nobody said this was gonna happen overnight.

Now to work on the offensive side. But you can't improve the offense without improving the defense. These past 3 games are a step in the right direction.

The offense isn't going to improve. The defense and goaltending is the only thing that gives is a fighting chance to not be horrible.

It's only been 3 games, and I already see improvements on the defensive aspect of their game.  It's a lot more quiet instead of running around.  Sure they're still breaking down, but not to the level it was with Dumboer.  Despite the fact we only had 13 shots, we also only gave up 28 which isn't a whole lot.  And 2 of the 3 goals weren't traditional goals.  Both were kind of flukey goals.  The Helm breakaway goal was a bad defensive gaff, but nobody said this was gonna happen overnight.

Now to work on the offensive side.  But you can't improve the offense without improving the defense.  These past 3 games are a step in the right direction.

Too early to really be making any judgments. I'm unsure how much practice time they've even had under the new coaches. We'll see what the shots against totals look like after a good 12 game stretch or so.