GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins 1/8/15

ghdi

Zubie needs to go. Sestito dose more than him!

You're kidding me, right? Zubrus is no great shakes, but he was one of the few players that didn't look atrocious tonight. No hands anymore, but he can still protect the puck well. Sestito has no skill that is a plus attribute.

some of you have no clue.  It seems to me that the only ones playing in this game where the D and the goalie. Helgeson played 12 min and wasn't out there for a goal. Sestito plays harder than more than half the team. Battles , fights dose a decent job on the penalty kill as well. TooToo and Fraser are about the only ones that show emotion on this team. They all sit there on the bench don't talk and just allow shots. Stand around. I like Mike C but hes not a factor. he should be able to take the puck and get it into the zone like Gomez. hes bad lately to! Hey 7. your as bad as your Jets and Mets. they both suck Next u will want Rex to coach the Devils

Funny how the new system turned to sh!t once they played a decent team, and it's not like Boston has done much of anything all year. Fools gold like someone pointed out the other day. They were even competitive for the huge majority of this one.

You're kidding me, right? Zubrus is no great shakes, but he was one of the few players that didn't look atrocious tonight. No hands anymore, but he can still protect the puck well. Sestito has no skill that is a plus attribute.

Zubs is old. He cant do much of anything. Big Body yes may be able to hold puck behind net or in a zone. But when u have no way to get the puck there. Hes useless. I would send him in a min. Never gets points anymore

some of you have no clue.  It seems to me that the only ones playing in this game where the D and the goalie. Helgeson played 12 min and wasn't out there for a goal. Sestito plays harder than more than half the team. Battles , fights dose a decent job on the penalty kill as well. TooToo and Fraser are about the only ones that show emotion on this team. They all sit there on the bench don't talk and just allow shots. Stand around. I like Mike C but hes not a factor. he should be able to take the puck and get it into the zone like Gomez. hes bad lately to! Hey 7. your as bad as your Jets and Mets. they both suck Next u will want Rex to coach the Devils

Helgeson is a train wreck and isn't ready for the NHL yet. The Bruins had extremely long cycles when he was out there and Helgeson looked like a chicken with his head cut off

Sestito is lower than sh!t. He has Daneyko-like offensive talent. He has no business on most AHL rosters. You will never have any semblance of offensive ability with him on any line

Cam is not a coast to coast puck handler. He needs someone else to do it for him. He's good in the offensive zone because of his hands but he's never been a Gomez type and he's not morphing into one overnight. So that was a moronic thing to say.

The Mets and Jets are miles ahead of this Devils disaster at this point the Devils would be lucky to have a coach like Rex Ryan who might get a team to...you know...CARE

Edited by '7'

It's a crap shoot obviously. But there's a definite advantage to drafting 3-5 instead of 8-10+.

You can either draft a more talented and highly touted player, or hell even trade down if there's a guy you like. It gives you more options - that's my point.

There's literally no point in winning this season. Missing the playoffs is an unfortunate inevitably this season. Might as well make the best of the situation.

There may not be a point in winning games per se but there IS a point in having the young D and Cory continue to play well.  You need to have some of these guys get/keep confidence before next year.  Not to mention almost all of the old farts are blowing up their trade value.

Yes the past few years have been rough. But u have to have bad years to be good. We have been lucky with that run we had. One top 5 pick wont save the team. U would be better off with 2 or 3 top 15 guys and few trades. One man cant save this team.

Anybody else enjoy TG's tweet saying some Devils players mentioned they thought the Boston shot count was inflated? Embarrassed just reading it. Show some pride, we got our ass kicked and move on. For God sakes Boston put up what two shots in a period against NC recently.

Anybody else enjoy TG's tweet saying some Devils players mentioned they thought the Boston shot count was inflated? Embarrassed just reading it. Show some pride, we got our ass kicked and move on. For God sakes Boston put up what two shots in a period against NC recently.

they should ask cory

Zubs is old. He cant do much of anything. Big Body yes may be able to hold puck behind net or in a zone. But when u have no way to get the puck there. Hes useless. I would send him in a min. Never gets points anymore

If Zubrus gets no points, what do you call the numbers Sestito puts up? I recall Zubrus scoring this year. That's already far more than Sestito has ever done. 

Greene-Larsson did fine.  Amazingly they both ended the game plus Corsi and I think maybe even plus in shots.  Which gets to just how bad the Fraser-Zidlicky and Helgeson-Merrill combos were.  I mean, with the team playing like this, there was no way they were winning tonight without some great bounces, but if Josefson, Bernier, and Harrold were all healthy scratches tonight, the Devils coaching staff got what they deserved by going with Tootoo, Sestito, and Fraser over those 3 for 'toughness'.  The Devils sure were tough getting blown out of the building, having one functioning D pair and basically a bottom 2 lines that were cooked from the outset.

• Like 1

The only positive in this one was Cory...and the fact that some Devils fans are finally grasping that he is not a problem here. Save% is now up to .919.

I'm happy (in a very sad way of course) that this loss was so decisive, because it's been made that much more clear that this is a bad team, and that it's not going to matter much what system is in place or who is behind the bench. This team might be less bad from a point% standpoint post-PDB, but it's still going to be bad, and as we just saw, occasionally non-competitive. At least now even the mildest delusions that this team is capable of any kind of run can be fully put to rest.

And no more Sestito. Ever. He's the little engine that can't and never will. I don't care that the Devils aren't going anywhere...I just can't take watching him anymore.

Yeah or Dano saying the bruins played the most complete game ever in the neutral zone so thats why the Devils didnt get a lot of opportunities