GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins 1/8/15

ghdi

I'm honestly happy they're losing.

I was worried after the last two they'd go on some sort of run and fvck up their draft position.

Cory is a beast though.

What draft position, finishing 4-5 instead of 8-10? Big deal, there's the big two then everyone else and we aren't going to be bad enough to finish bottom two. We might be lucky enough to win the lottery regardless.

I'm honestly happy they're losing.

I was worried after the last two they'd go on some sort of run and fvck up their draft position.

Cory is a beast though.

Pretty much echoes my sentiments.

SOG 40-10

Schneider's 3D virtual PinBall machine

If there's any justice, Schneider is the first star tonight.

This game is unwatchable. Baffled at the decision to put Havlat with Zajac and Elias after that line looked so good last night with Cammalleri. They even had the few good shifts by the team in the first period.

At least twice tonight Havlat has made passes to no one in particular 5 feet outside our blueline. One resulted in the penalty by Jagr, the other resulted in a goal against. He's a left handed version of Ryder.

Fraser is awful too. Just getting crushed tonight.

Lastly, it seems as if Gomez is the only skater who can enter the offensive zone cleanly and with possession of the puck.

DevilsFan118 go root for the Rangers. C

Don't go down this road with me, I can promise you won't like where it ends

I eat, sleep and breathe Devils hockey. But putting a meaningless winning streak together in January is absolutely pointless for this organization going forward.

I'm no less of a fan for wanting what's best for this franchise.

Okay, i might be imagining this... But do you guys feel like the boys are willing to make more "fancy" sh!t lately?

Not saying its good or bad but i see a lot of between the legs, no look passes and spinoramas etc etc more than usual it seems but it might just be a coincidence too.

What draft position, finishing 4-5 instead of 8-10? Big deal, there's the big two then everyone else and we aren't going to be bad enough to finish bottom two. We might be lucky enough to win the lottery regardless.

It's a crap shoot obviously. But there's a definite advantage to drafting 3-5 instead of 8-10+.

You can either draft a more talented and highly touted player, or hell even trade down if there's a guy you like. It gives you more options - that's my point.

There's literally no point in winning this season. Missing the playoffs is an unfortunate inevitably this season. Might as well make the best of the situation.

Edited by Devilsfan118

zids cant score on empty net. Joke

one player in the top 5 picks wont make us #1 again. get a grip

?? That was not an empty net when he had the puck, the pass was first in his skates and the net was empty because he deked the goalie out by going behind the net hoping for a centering pass.. Edited by Zubie#8

zids cant score on empty net. Joke

one player in the top 5 picks wont make us #1 again. get a grip

And who ever claimed that one player would make us "#1 again"?

It'd be a definite step in the right direction though. There isn't a quick fix for the Devils right now. A rebuild of the offense is really the only option.

Edited by Devilsfan118