2015 All-Stars...Elias NJ's lone rep...

DevilMinder

This stuff evens out. Elias got screwed when he was in his prime because of this rule, now he gets on past his prime because of it.

I think people are questioning why he would be the chosen representative over other Devils, not whether he should have been chosen over another team's player. So it's not that he is benefitting from the rule, but why he is the chosen Devil to benefit from the rule.

I think people are questioning why he would be the chosen representative over other Devils, not whether he should have been chosen over another team's player. So it's not that he is benefitting from the rule, but why he is the chosen Devil to benefit from the
I think people are questioning why he would be the chosen representative over other Devils, not whether he should have been chosen over another team's player. So it's not that he is benefitting from the rule, but why he is the chosen Devil to benefit from the rule.

If no one deserves to go, and Schneider may be close, but he doesn't deserve it either, Elias has more than earned a make up year for the ones he got screwed.

About the jerseys: i think people are greatly overreacting regarding the looks of the all star jerseys. As a jersey collector quite frankly outside of 2004 none of the all star jerseys outside of 2004 gave been good. Since they removed the copper color from the color scheme like they used to always have, the jerseys have either been dopey looking (2009 comes in mind) or bland as could be (2000 and 2001 jerseys come to mind). I don't think these are good but I do not think they are any worse than the other years all star jerseys in recent memory. My only issue with them is the stupid collar which borrows from this year's stadium series design. Wish they would have used the normal edge collar and quite frankly the white is not bad at all.

The jerseys are also very telling as these jerseys are also usually used by CCM/Rebook to test designs and give clues as to where they are going. The neon portion was very much included because that seems to be in for all sports. Seahawks jerseys have been including neon into their color palette and you are more and more of it in all the leagues. Hell in the last 3-4 years there have been three different fashion jersey lines for the NHL that heavily includes black and neon on them (Black Ice, Accelerator and now the Cross Check line). I see a ton of the black ice knockoffs at the arena and saw a bunch wearing the other lines when I went to the game last week. Seems like these are selling well so I bet Reebok took note of that.

The other trend is the sublaminated crest and possibly customization (I have not seen the current all star jersey with it). That seems to be a direction reebok wants to go since it saves on materials and is more durable since there are less threads to come loose and break up and also quick customization times. It's big in the ECHL and even the Predators have been using sublamination on their name/numbers on their jerseys for the past 3 seasons. The only thing I am worried about is the fact that there is All Star Game printed on the front of the jersey. This actually might be a test for ads on jerseys to test the printing technology but we will see.

In all I don't mind them. When this year's winter classic jerseys were inveiled people called the caps jerseys crap and chicagos jerseys were praised. When people saw them finally being used on the ice, a lot of people agreed that the caps jersey looked a lot better and the Blackhawks jersey was kinda boring. I will reserve my full judgement until i see them in the all star game.

I rather liked the 2000/01 jerseys, actually. They are more classic in design, I guess, combined with a chest stripe similar to a soccer style. Cool font also. I have a Stevens and I have an Elias being customized right now.

I always thought the 2000/01 all star jerseys were bland and uninspired.  Better than most all star jerseys of the last 20 years but still lacking IMO.  The only uniqueness to them was the silly collars on both jerseys and the gimmicky name under the numbers on the World team.

All Star jerseys really never interested me since they got rid of the bronze/copper colors in 1994.  That's why I never bothered collecting any and also hate how you have to hunt down the proper team crest for the shoulder area in the proper size.

lol

What his .920 save percetage on this sh!t team isnt good enough for you? Maybe his .925 in December or .940 in January? What about his even strength save percentage which is top 5 in the league? Oh wait no, it's all about those wins. Totally an individual stat, sorry he must really suck. More power to you.

What his .920 save percetage on this sh!t team isnt good enough for you? Maybe his .925 in December or .940 in January? What about his even strength save percentage which is top 5 in the league? Oh wait no, it's all about those wins. Totally an individual stat, sorry he must really suck. More power to you.

But he's not clutch, man!

If someone can look at all of that and still have a problem with Schneider, then they will never like him. He could win a cup and some people would complain that he let in too many goals on the way. 

If someone can look at all of that and still have a problem with Schneider, then they will never like him. He could win a cup and some people would complain that he let in too many goals on the way. 

People complained about Brodeur after we made the finals in 2012. So you are probably right. 

Well said.

Those three Cups were of course a blessing, but we're seeing the curse now, man... Think about it. No roster we have will ever match up to those rosters, in a certain vocal minority's eyes. Unfortunately, they're vocal.

- Schneider's "not good enough" to write his own legacy. People already have his future all figured out, and he's only 28. He'll never match up to Brodeur (and it's dumb to expect him to, but "Schneider sucks!" because he won't). God forbid any goaltender we have in the future of the organization doesn't match up to one of the best to play the game. Kinkaid has otherwise been accepted as the anti-Schneider and because he's a Brodeur fan, otherwise they'd be ragging on him. We can't accept change. Kinkaid is ironically the safety blanket for this crowd.

- Kovalchuk, one of the most elite players this team has ever had, was booed throughout his entire stay here, even while leading the team in goals and points. Even in the playoffs... How many times did you hear, "C'MON KOVY?!?!? WHAT THE HELL AW YOU DOIN'?!?!" in the stands on the most trivial of bad plays. People can't accept change. Even after he broke his back for this team and changed his entire style of play to complement the team, he was still "selfish" and his $6.6m cap hit was always brought up, ALWAYS.

- Larsson has been labeled a bust for years now. Everyone's only thinking in terms of Neidermayer-standards, "Why isn't Larsson amazing at age 22 yet?" (people have been ragging on him since he was 20)...

- Boucher could very well turn out to be an amazing player, but will probably be held unfairly to Elias standards. We'll see how that goes, but I'm already seeing a growing number of fans magically label him a bust (LOLOLOL)

Our fanbase is unable to accept change. It's important we do, because we can't stop this change. We can't put Stevens or Rafalski back on the ice, we can't make Brodeur not be 42 years old, and we can't slow down Father Time's effect on Elias. We need to accept and celebrate what we do have. The Henriques and Schneiders and yes, even Zajacs (when he's reaching his potential) and the young defensemen (who I think will be fantastic) deserve our respect and we should latch onto them emotionally as our core, as we begin this new era. We have no choice and I know I'm preaching to the choir here on NJDevs, this is more of a problem of the kind of hatred and resentment I hear in the stands lately.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 2

Very well said, DJ Eco. I think it's a case of a lot of very, very high standards that are nearly impossible to live up to. We will probably never see a run like the 1994-2003 Devils again, and people just need to accept that. People tend to be more realistic here for the most part, but some people in the stands or in social media are brutal. 

Very well said, DJ Eco. I think it's a case of a lot of very, very high standards that are nearly impossible to live up to. We will probably never see a run like the 1994-2003 Devils again, and people just need to accept that. People tend to be more realistic here for the most part, but some people in the stands or in social media are brutal. 

Yup, super high standards. Granted, there's a hell of a lot to be angry at Lou and Conte for, and that's on them. The team's not that good, but we DO have some great guys on the team and it blows my mind how many of them get booed and ragged on.

We'll never be 94-03 Devils, I don't think too many teams will or can in this era, too much parity. The Kings are one win away from matching us but I don't think even they can do it. 

As good and consistent as the Red Wings have been over all these years, they can't do it. They might be 5, 10, 15 years from a Cup themselves as well. It's a different era, but I doubt they boo their players because of it. I doubt they'll boo Zetterberg as he gets older because "he didn't lead us to three Stanley Cups like Yzerman did".

We need to change this mentality, it's not realistic.

Edited by DJ Eco