2015 ALL-STAR GAME

2ELIAS6

these skills comp events just seemed a LOT more fun a whole bunch of years ago before NBC got involved and they tried to push too hard for "creativity" and stuff like that, that breakaway even was a thing of painful to watch....though as a crappy hockey player I feel better seeing NHL guys wipe out during drills B )

....oh and Elias on the shootout :rofl:

Bingo. I used to enjoy the skills competition. There is now nothing I enjoy about All-Star Weekend.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, they destroyed the shootout by demanding creativity and social media  over skill. it should be a no rules scoring match.. I remember a few years ago lecavlier doing a wrap around lacrosse move that was ultra slick, that first between the legs shot was sweet. too any time a player jukes a goalie out of his jock is super entertaining as is that goalie robbing him. show us the best scorers in the game doing their thing

I'm so tired of social media too... fvck social media. The world was much better off without it.

and don't forget to use #FrakSocialMedia as you tweet and facebook this across your instagram!!!!

I find facebook very useful for keeping in touch with friends and planning hockey stuff, but I WILL NEVER #ThatIAmWatchingSomeTVShowOrSportingEventEVER :P

You guys sound old haha.

The event is for kids. I went crazy back in 1996 for the all-star game, but as I got older I stopped caring. The changes are irrelevant to me. I'd probably be uninterested if they never changed a thing. If a younger generation is enjoying the silliness of the breakaway challenge and getting closer to the action with selfies and instagram picks, that's all that matters.

Yeah I understand lol... I'm more talking about Twitter than anything else though. I hate what Twitter has becomes over the years.

As someone who's on there, I definitely get what you're saying. The way fans act on there is absurd. I refuse to follow fanbloggers due to their arrogance. On a more positive, I have made some good acquaintances on social media. That's the good part.

Yeah I understand lol... I'm more talking about Twitter than anything else though. I hate what Twitter has becomes over the years.

I'm with you on that, I don't do any of the mainstream social networks. I don't care what the a-holes I went to high school with are doing.

Yeah it was pretty unwatchable. You could tell even the announcers were getting bored and that's unusual for doc.

I'm actually a bit more interested in the ahl all stars since it's a lot of guys I've heard of but never actually seen- btw how the hell is tom kostopoulos an ahl all star?