Brodeur retires, joins STL front office

Marshall

I distinctly remember his stint with the Wizzards. I also remember his little forary into baseball. Does it change that Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time? No. But I bet there a lot of bulls fans out there that wish he never dabbled with another team and they certainly remember it.

You guys are funny, you keep listing players that had small stints with other teams and rhetorically ask if anyone remembers that they had played for another team...I don't think it's proving your point very well.

that's not the point, the point is Jordan isn't considered any less great because he played for the wizards. He's still one of the top 3 players of all time.

Again, you act as if Marty leaving tarnishes his devils legacy. I would argue him staying and complaining about playing time last year tarnishes it much more than him playing 7 games with the blues.

Am I reading too much into things, or is there some bitterness regarding the "goalie situation"?

I'm sitting here crossing my fingers that he doesn't say something that Devils fans will inevitably twist and contort into an insult.

That one about retiring with a smile on his face might be one.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Seriously - I'm just waiting for the 1-on-1 interview, but I'm considering tuning out.  These three guys are like gossiping schoolgirls. 

"Oh my gosh, did you see his body language?  And even though he clearly said he and Lou were on good terms.. did you see how he said it?  OMG, they're totally not cool now!"

Seriously - I'm just waiting for the 1-on-1 interview, but I'm considering tuning out.  These three guys are like gossiping schoolgirls. 

"Oh my gosh, did you see his body language?  And even though he clearly said he and Lou were on good terms.. did you see how he said it?  OMG, they're totally not cool now!"

These are fair questions. As sports fans, we are accustomed to how retirement press conferences go, especially for the greatest athletes that played 99.whatever% for one team.

This was very very odd. I don't care too much to speculate why, but it was strange.

These are fair questions. As sports fans, we are accustomed to how retirement press conferences go, especially for the greatest athletes that played 99.whatever% for one team.

This was very very odd. I don't care too much to speculate why, but it was strange.

The strangest thing about it to me was seeing Martin Brodeur- our guy, our legend- announcing his retirement surrounded by St. Louis Blues logos. Just... Odd. Edited by MadDog2020