Brodeur retires, joins STL front office

Marshall

..you're correct, there is no guarantee. But 80 shutouts over the span of 682 games?! It's a safe bet to assume Hasek would've had 40 more shutouts, if he had played 500 more games.

Yes, but he didn't.

I forgot he retired in 2002-03 and then came back

Edited by BlueSkirt

I always respected Brodeur. I don't think anyone ever could've imagined he'd shatter the wins and shutouts records. It's a tribute to his consistency and longevity. He did it all. 3 Cups. 5 SCF appearances. 4 Vezinas. Olympic gold. It doesn't matter that he finished his career with St. Louis. Even if it was short lived, that was his choice. I will always remember him as the player who made the Battle Of Hudson the premier rivalry in these parts. He went from battling Richter in the 90's to going up against Lundqvist. That in itself is amazing. Including 2012 as much as it broke me. It's sad to think that Marty is really done. Another player from our era gone. Not many left. Jagr is next. Wish Marty good luck in his next career.