Same Ol' Sean Avery

grcenter47

Didn't this guy make the papers a couple months ago for having a hissy fit towards a stage hand while rehearsing for a Broadway play?

Plus the fact that he is still obsessing over a guy he had a row with seven years ago is very childish and stalkerish. Plus he has a lot of bravado for a guy who had to retire because no team wanted him because no one could stand him. Pathetic in every way.

Yup, even his teammates hated him. In fact the only people that respect him are the douchiest of Ranger fans, and there aren't even that many of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wish I knew the Rags fans that you know.  Most that I know still think Avery is the greatest thing ever and have been retweeting yesterdays nonsense over and over again while cackling with glee. 

I know we hear this a lot, that "all teams have douchebag fans", but I'm sorry, that's BS. The Rangers show once again that their fanbase is truly the anomaly. Philly as well, if you ask fans around the league, but that's another story. Talk to Penguins fans, talk to Montreal fans (who are douchey in their own way), ask them what they think about Rangers fans. They'll use the same adjectives we usually use. New Jersey fans are surrounded by absolute a$$holes on the NY and Philly front.

They still consider this guy a legend. This dude who, by most standards, was a failure, a clown. Even usually respectable Rangers fans I know, with more than half a brain, were posting this tweet on Facebook with some caption like "Sean Avery 1, Martin Brodeur 0".... I'm sorry, the retardation that is required for someone to actually think that, think that somehow Sean Avery has gotten a one-up on Marty, dude, you have to be incredible levels of ignorant. This guy's the laughingstock of the league, but I bet if you put it out there on a fan-vote, Rangers fans would retire his jersey to the rafters.

I'm sorry but there's too many Rangers fans out there that love this guy, for me to think "Oh it's just a few douchebag Rangers fans". This guy's their icon. He's their biggest legend since the 90s, and that's sad.

Edited by DJ Eco

I know we hear this a lot, that "all teams have douchebag fans", but I'm sorry, that's BS. The Rangers show once again that their fanbase is truly the anomaly. Philly as well, if you ask fans around the league, but that's another story. Talk to Penguins fans, talk to Montreal fans (who are douchey in their own way), ask them what they think about Rangers fans. They'll use the same adjectives we usually use. New Jersey fans are surrounded by absolute a$$holes on the NY and Philly front.

They still consider this guy a legend. This dude who, by most standards, was a failure, a clown. Even usually respectable Rangers fans I know, with more than half a brain, were posting this tweet on Facebook with some caption like "Sean Avery 1, Martin Brodeur 0".... I'm sorry, the retardation that is required for someone to actually think that, think that somehow Sean Avery has gotten a one-up on Marty, dude, you have to be incredible levels of ignorant. This guy's the laughingstock of the league, but I bet if you put it out there on a fan-vote, Rangers fans would retire his jersey to the rafters.

I'm sorry but there's too many Rangers fans out there that love this guy, for me to think "Oh it's just a few douchebag Rangers fans". This guy's their icon.

I wouldn't take that part too seriously if you are talking about Rags fans.  If they had it their way the entire 94 team would have their numbers retired, right down to Noonan, Kypreos and Lidster.  Hell they have already retired 4 from that team so they are well on their way.

I wouldn't take that part too seriously if you are talking about Rags fans.  If they had it their way the entire 94 team would have their numbers retired, right down to Noonan, Kypreos and Lidster.  Hell they have already retired 4 from that team so they are well on their way.

I thought they already did that

Isn't Avery's entire adult life reality-show-worthy? 

Pro athlete

Questionable (at best) reputation both on and off the ice

Short-lived career in Fashion industry

Model and actress ex-girlfirends

Rumors of homosexuality

Twitter fights

Etc., etc.

Seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black, as the saying goes.

Isn't Avery's entire adult life reality-show-worthy? 

Pro athlete

Questionable (at best) reputation both on and off the ice

Short-lived career in Fashion industry

Model and actress ex-girlfirends

Rumors of homosexuality

Twitter fights

Etc., etc.

Seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black, as the saying goes.

Honestly, its pretty much like those "Real Housewives" shows my wife is always watching. I think you are onto something. 

I heard there's a different reality show in development called 'Hockey Bitches' about marginally talented, mentally challenged, in-the-closet ex-NHL'ers whose careers ended prematurely because no one could even stand to look at them anymore. Sounds like it'd be perfect for Avery.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1