Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Jagr may bring back a 2nd. Zids probably wouldn't. I don't think it's worth it to trade Jagr. He likes NJ and should be given an option at another year. Chances are more than likely that 2nd round pick you get turns into nothing or takes at least a few seasons to even crack the roster. It doesn't meet immediate(2015-2016 season) needs.

Look at our assets... how is it better to keep a guy who's not gonna be here for sure in 1-2 season and who's useless cause well, we won't be competitive for awhile. When you can have a guy that "may" help the team or be an asset who could help the team in the future which is exactly what we need.

Jagr may bring back a 2nd. Zids probably wouldn't. I don't think it's worth it to trade Jagr. He likes NJ and should be given an option at another year. Chances are more than likely that 2nd round pick you get turns into nothing or takes at least a few seasons to even crack the roster. It doesn't meet immediate(2015-2016 season) needs.

In what world does Zidlicky not get you at least a 2nd? He's producing very well and RH defenseman are a very sought after commodity. There's been legions of worse defenseman who have been traded for 1st and 2nd rd picks. There's no way in hell that Zidlicky doesn't get you at least a 2nd.

The question for me really is whether you look to get a draft pick in return or try to fast track the rebuild of the offense by trading for some prospects who are close to NHL ready, if not NHL ready already.

Evander Kane is the NHL version of Mario Ballotelli...no thank u.

I understand where you are coming from, but Ballotelli is much farther gone, Kane has 1 bad situation Mario has about 5, Kane can goto his next destination, make things right and everyone forgets the Jets.

I want kane, SPEED kills

I think Jagr, Gelinas, Zidlicky, and to a lesser extent Ryder are the only assets we should trade that would bring in any kind of decent return. I thought I read somewhere that Zids won't wave if he was asked though. Might have just been HF. 

why wouldnt zid want to be a PO rental? have a shot at the cup and then sign anywhere he wants next year. same with jagr. I was complaining that I only want a 1st or 2nd for those to but if next year is not a contengancy and we can get those guys back. I rent them for a third. whats the NHL protacol for rentals? 

why wouldnt zid want to be a PO rental? have a shot at the cup and then sign anywhere he wants next year. same with jagr. I was complaining that I only want a 1st or 2nd for those to but if next year is not a contengancy and we can get those guys back. I rent them for a third. whats the NHL protacol for rentals?

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me as to why he wouldn't want to be traded. I think all of the Czechs really like it here. They're all just really old though. Zids didn't leave Minnesota on good terms so it could just be a comfort thing for him. Lou has to stop giving everyone ntc/nmc.

Kane, apparently did push ups with a Las Vegas background with a stacks of cash on his back. 

Mario Ballotelli, when pulled over in his Ferrari in the Northern UK, was asked why he had so much cash in his car.  He said, "Because I'm rich..."

I think Kane and Ballotelli should have a talk show together...

i do love to read comments here about fans not wanting certain guys here. We have absolutely NO fire power, NONE. And most of what we have will retire in the next few seasons. But we'd say no to this and this guy lol

It's like offering a sandwich to a starving bum in the the street who havent ate in a week and he's like "ohhh no thanks i don't like tuna its giving me gas"

Edited by SterioDesign

i do love to read comments here about fans not wanting certain guys here. We have absolutely NO fire power, NONE. And most of what we have will retire in the next few seasons. But we'd say no to this and this guy lol

It's like offering a sandwich to a starving bum in the the street who havent ate in a week and he's like "ohhh no thanks i don't like tuna"

Says the guy who wrote all of the below about Cammalleri. You sound like the starving bum declining the tuna! Which one is it?

if we get him im gonna cry, he's absolutely not a team player and i hate him with a passion. He'll never buy into our system

I already mentioned it but i really don't want Cammalleri, he's absolutely not a Devils kind of player. Extremely selfish and can be a cancer in a locker room. He has one hell of a shot and can score in SO sure but still, if we're getting someone id like to see someone that we could at least try to resign next season and i really dont want that guy. I absolutely can't stand the guy.

but then what do you do with Clowe, and all our centers that we have to put on the wing? i'd want to bring a CLEAR better player than what we have at least. Cammalleri is hard to coach and he's incredibly selfish, not something Lou or Deboer will enjoy

no youre wrong there... he was a cancer, everytime its not going well for him he's blaming everyone else, then he's bitching when he's not playing with the top center... then he's ranting about his ice time on tv etc etc

they had to clean the room

Edited by devilsrule33

winnipeg now has a sunk cost for this year and wants desperately to make the playoffs this year. if he'd go, no team will trade for kane right now that might be in a playoff hunt. It's someone that can afford to wait until next season. I wonder if wpg would trade him for jagr

The short answer is no. Winnipeg will get a lot of good stuff for Kane, but I don't see a rental being the key piece for them making a trade. They may want Jagr still, though.

Edited by devilsrule33