Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I think the Devils may need to take one of those conditional deals for a first, where of the team makes the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs they get a first.

Don't see anybody doing that for Jagr or Zidlicky. A 2nd is probably the best we can do and even that may be pushing it.

• Like 1

Lou will get a "fair/decent return or he won't do it at all.  For the most part we're so fed up with how bad we are, we want to see anything happen.  What do you think Jagr is really worth? Zids?? 

In all fairness

Jags- 3rd rounder

Zids- 3rd rounder

I wonder if Lou would consider moving Henrique? I like him but he hasn't produced much because of where they're playing him

I'd rather Lou get a decent prospect like (Fla-Vincent Trochek)that's of course if Fla has shot at playoffs)  (Anaheim (Emerson Etem) no room for him in Anaheim0

I think if Elias wanted to make another cup run before he retires he could land a decent first. I'm not saying I want to trade him but on the off chance he asks for a trade I wouldnt have a problem with it. I'm over the whole retiring as a Devil thing. If Marty didn't do it who cares?

I don't think there's any chance in hell Elias asks for a trade.  Dude is way too modest and loves this organization.  With Brodeur gone, Elias now is the reason and the guy I feel bad for with the state of the team now, and I hope for his sake we are able to rebound/rebuild into at least a playoff contender over the next season or two before he hangs them up (I imagine he's only got 2-3 years left in him at most)

Franson just went for a 1st. I don't understand why anyone thinks that Zidlicky wouldn't garner at least a low 2nd. Makes no sense to me.

I agree with this and I think Zid might actually land us a better return than Jagr.  While Jagr is a puck possession beast, Zidlicky's skills as a defenseman are not exactly easy to come by and he is not a complete disaster in his own end.

Franson just went for a 1st. I don't understand why anyone thinks that Zidlicky wouldn't garner at least a low 2nd. Makes no sense to me.

He went in a package deal. Franson has size, a real good shot and is probably better defensively than Zidlicky by a decent margin. At this point hes a better player than Zidlicky too. People need to take their Devils colored glasses off sometimes.

Jagr has looked awful for a good chunk this season.

The Zidlicky talk is probably moot as it sounds like he won't waive his NTC.

He went in a package deal. Franson has size, a real good shot and is probably better defensively than Zidlicky by a decent margin. At this point hes a better player than Zidlicky too. People need to take their Devils colored glasses off sometimes.

Jagr has looked awful for a good chunk this season.

The Zidlicky talk is probably moot as it sounds like he won't waive his NTC.

I think people need to prepare for the possibility that nothing exciting happens on trade day. We may have to sell low depending on the market

I think people need to prepare for the possibility that nothing exciting happens on trade day. We may have to sell low depending on the market

I would think we could get at least something decent for either Jagr or Zids.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if we really do not net a while lot since it looks to be more of a buyer's market this year.

I have been thinking this for some time now. Zidlicky has to agree to remove his NTC and maybe some team is interested. Gomez could have some lookers. Bernier might get some interest with little return. Ryder I doubt gets any interest too much of a risk. I am doubtful there is interest in Jagr I will be surprised. Giving up the good young D doesn't make sense. Gelinas I would get rid of but can't see a payoff team taking the risk, they want good D.

Edited by BostonNala370

I'm fine with Lou doing nothing if the value isn't there for him but he needs to roll fast and hard with a retool this offseason.

I wouldnt sell low on Gelinas. If he can somehow better develop his defense he is a great player.

Agreed, too young to give up on just yet and he could very well end up being part of our defensive core moving forward.  Ideally I'm thinking we have Gelinas-Larsson-Merrill-Severson as our top 4 for the forseeable future, and frankly, I'm perfectly fine with that assuming they continue to develop.  Greene is obviously still our best defenseman but I think we need to take into account the fact his skills will probably decline fairly quickly over the next few years as he gets older.  Even still, that leaves us with just finding two guys to play on the third pairing and they're pretty much a dime a dozen.

If Lou trades that pick, you're all invited to join me in storming his office. I'll supply the noose and blowtorches.

dude... i live in Canada but WAIT FOR ME i'll fvcking make it somehow even if i have run there

but honestly there's obviously a few guys in a league i'd totally trade for that first round pick but i doubt Lou could pull it off. 

Edited by SterioDesign

dude... i live in Canada but WAIT FOR ME i'll fvcking make it somehow even if i have run there

but honestly there's obviously a few guys in a league i'd totally trade for that first round pick but i doubt Lou could pull it off.

Yeah if he trades it for say... Stamkos? Cool. Toews? Rock on. Seguin? Ok sure. Pretty much anyone else? Blowtorch and noose time.

Gelinas has the talent. If he can at least be average on D he will be a valuable player to have.

The difference between good and great in this league is a nuance in skill and every player wants to just 'get a little better here or there. Saying 'all Gelinas needs to do is get better on D' to be a great player, is silly. It's not like he's close at all to that happening. But yes, if it were to magically happen, he would be at least a very good player, and he also would no longer be the player that Eric Gelinas is.

Schedules going into the deadline:

Boston: at Chicago Sunday, Vancouver Tuesday, at NJ Friday, Arizona next Saturday

Florida: at Ottawa tomorrow, at Pittsburgh Sunday, at Chicago Tuesday, Chicago Thursday, Buffalo next Saturday, Tampa next Sunday

Us: Carolina tomorrow, Arizona Monday, Calgary Wednesday, Boston Friday, at Columbus Saturday

Hate to say it but it's possible we gain enough ground for Lou to justify standing pat :P

Agreed, too young to give up on just yet and he could very well end up being part of our defensive core moving forward. Ideally I'm thinking we have Gelinas-Larsson-Merrill-Severson as our top 4 for the forseeable future, and frankly, I'm perfectly fine with that assuming they continue to develop. Greene is obviously still our best defenseman but I think we need to take into account the fact his skills will probably decline fairly quickly over the next few years as he gets older. Even still, that leaves us with just finding two guys to play on the third pairing and they're pretty much a dime a dozen.

I think Greene will age better than expected. He doesn't have a ton of miles on him for a guy his age.