Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Havlat is strange in the sense that I could see him potting some goals on an already stacked team. Rumors have it that the asking prices on forwards are sky high so a team that just needs some wing depth might be more than fine sending a mid round pick for a guy like Havlat or Ryder.

Why teams would be interested in Martin Havlat is beyond me. Unless they are looking to boost their Calder Cup playoff chances.

Mostly because he's cheap.  A low-round pick will probably be all it takes to get him, and he's got very little money coming to him.  Attractive to teams that don't have much cap room.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Mostly because he's cheap.  A low-round pick will probably be all it takes to get him, and he's got very little money coming to him.  Attractive to teams that don't have much cap room.

I mean, I just don't see why anyone would even waste their time to make the trade. What is he going to add? I'd be surprised if he even made a playoff roster.

Edited by Neb00rs

I mean, I just don't see why anyone would even waste their time to make the trade. What is he going to add? I'd be surprised if he even made a playoff roster.

Some have mentioned his solid playoff numbers, but most of those were accumulated several years ago.  He represents cheap depth, nothing more, and Tri was right in a previous post...he may be cheap from a both a $$$ and assets-to-acquire standpoint, but he looks like he's toast. 

Jonathan Bernier in play.

I'd deal Cory, Merrill, and Boucher for Bernier, JVR, and the Leafs 2nd.

Guess you're a Leafs fan then. 

Jonathan Bernier in play.

I'd deal Cory, Merrill, and Boucher for Bernier, JVR, and the Leafs 2nd.

this might be the worst proposal ive seen yet, can't even tell if you're kidding.

I know there's a lot of talk in other threads about the attacking other posters and all, but you're insane

Cory > Bernier 

Merill < JVR

Boucher = 2nd

Bernier's stats are fvcked because the Leafs are a mess.

We call this: 'Xbox mentality'. Except it's worse, because your own team is getting fleeced.

Edited by Neb00rs