Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/572118359279599616

Marek Zidlicky trade looking more likely although he has full no-trade protection. Would have to be a Cup contender.

I was about to write that if it turns out that Lou didn't even ask him to waive his NTC, that would be close to a fireable offense, especially considering what Timmonen brought back. Good to see it appears he isn't as out of touch as some seem to think he is.

So anyway, here are some Zidlicky trade ideas that popped into my head. All based on the fact that Philly got at least a first round pick for an older defenseman who hasn't played at all this year, and who Zidlicky is probably better than apart from that.

Zidlicky and 3rd round pick to Det, for Anthony Mantha.

Zidlicky to Tampa for 2015 1st round pick -- higher of the two they have.

Zidlicky for Josh Ho Sang.

Zidlicky, Quenneville and 2015 2nd rounder for Michael Del Colle.

Zidlicky, Quenneville for Nick Ritchie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

I highly doubt they'd give us the higher one, not for a 38 year old rental, we'd be lucky if they gave the lower. They could get Yandle if they really want to part with one of those. 

I was about to write that if it turns out that Lou didn't even ask him to waive his NTC, that would be close to a fireable offense, especially considering what Timmonen brought back. Good to see it appears he isn't as out of touch as some seem to think he is.

So anyway, here are some Zidlicky trade ideas that popped into my head. All based on the fact that Philly got at least a first round pick for an older defenseman who hasn't played at all this year, and who Zidlicky is probably better than apart from that.

Zidlicky and 3rd round pick to Det, for Anthony Mantha.

Zidlicky for Josh Ho Sang.

Zidlicky, Quenneville and 2015 2nd rounder for Michael Del Colle.

Zidlicky, Quenneville for Nick Ritchie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't get a 1st round pick, and Timonen is better than Zidlicky when healthy.  In light of that, none of these deals make sense for the other team.

What deals have invovled a prospect of any significance?  I'd say none.

Edited by Triumph

They didn't get a 1st round pick, and Timonen is better than Zidlicky when healthy. In light of that, none of these deals make sense for the other team.

What deals have invovled a prospect of any significance? I'd say none.

Oh, you're right... I was going on the early reports that said it was a first round pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think its JVRs -21 that makes him so attractive!

Yeah because wingers are the reason and the soul reason goals are scored when they are out there. Not the other 4 guys out there. Nope its that winger that has the low number. People online really overrate how much a winger does on defense with their plus minus.

Also why is everyone so desperate on here to unload Gelinas this trade deadline. You'd probably get a better deal waiting til the offseason. IF anyone thinks he's the key to a cup and wants to over pay go for it but selling low in the middle of the season in a panic move never works.

When you're a seller like we are and are hunting draft picks and prospects, there are no panic moves. You exploit panic to make your team better.

Which hopefully we'll do in the next 18 hours with Zidlicky and/or Gelinas.

When you're a seller like we are and are hunting draft picks and prospects, there are no panic moves. You exploit panic to make your team better.

And Havlat. And Ryder. And Salvador. And whoever else we can jettison bar the few untouchables.

I'd agree if Gelinas wasn't an RFA in the off season. We can afford to be patient til the draft and beyond with him instead of selling him for a 2nd or a prospect worth around there if we could hold on and get more.

Zidlicky can go and everyone else. Hell if we could get an old shoe for Salvador I'd do that too

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice:

Lamoriello will be in market for a top 6 forward signed beyond this season, but those deals are harder to do today. Offseason more likely.

My hopes that Lou was not blind to reality were strengthened with the Jagr deal.  Now though, with what the Flyers got for Timonen and Coburn, and now this, I'm reconsidering.  I would not be shocked if one of Tyler Bozak or Dion Phaneuf are on the Devils by the end of the day.  But whatever the case, if the Devils want a top six forward they have nothing to give other than first round picks.