Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

You and I may as well give up hope now that Lou will do the right thing.. to save us the frustration next week.

i'd rather miss the playoffs by a point rather than getting MTL in the first round.

actually....... i'd rather spoon my eyes out, eat a rusty crankshaft dipped in Drain-O and getting Helen Ripley to shoot me in both ears with her M41A pulse rifle flame thrower rather than getting MTL in the first round.

Edited by SterioDesign

Montreal is basically a slightly better Devils.  If anyone was going to face NJ in the first round, I'd have it be Montreal.

It's not about the matchup or anything. It's about the fans. Couldnt handle it. They've been beyond annoying so far. I don't think there's a single day since christmas they havent posted some article or status or wtv saying Price was basically God and will win the vezina, hart, conn smyth etc etc. 

He'll likely win the vezina and Hart but man i wish they'd shut up about it

So were basicaly "in the race" now... And thats terrifying for our future

Lou hopefully is taking the schedule into account.  The last 16 games are going to be very tough.  It's not like the Devils can stay hot for a few more games and then tread water the rest of the way...they have to go on an all-time tear.  If Lou thinks that this bunch has it in them...suffice it to say that I can't defend on him on that.

As long as he doesn't attempt to add anything, I'll be relieved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I won't mind if it's a piece for the future.  If it's a now-type piece, I'm gonna be pissed.

so just to get things out of the way and before i get the "it's easy to say now" comments after the fact. Let's say Lou...

1- Doesn't trade Jagr (from reports some teams we're willing to get him)

2- Add some piece to "patch things up" or slightly upgrade that won't be worth it with a 30+ player with something to prove or fallen from grace from his team and taking on an extra head scratcher contract

and that we still miss the playoffs and get a so so prospect in the draft... Will I be allowed to be mad at Lou ? or i'll get jumped by the kool aid drinkers again? Will these actions finally prove that Lou is not willing to take a step back?

** If he doesnt trade Zid i might give him the benefit of the doubt with this one cause Zid doesnt want to go anywhere and the whole No trade thing

Goalies are part of a team. But remove Price from Montreal and...yeah, it'd be ugly.

Not saying the Habs are a powerhous, but they certainly are on the right track since Bergevin took over. They have lots of core pieces to build around.

Price is a top goalie. Galchenyuk is a top prospect and will be a star, Gallagher is a warrior and the heart of the team, Pacioretty is a top scorer, I hate Subban but he's a top offensive Dman. They have a bunch of good prospects. They clearly have a core and get better and better every year.

It might be ugly but they always "find a way" to win games. That's what good teams does. While we'd find ways to lose games. 

the only kind of "buyers" trade i'd be okay with is something like... a team is going all out for it, they have a bunch of prospect, need to clear cap room and would be willing to trade a top prospect for our first. But when i say top prospect i mean something like... Tanner Pearson (who's injured for awhile i think) or something along those lines. Especially if we endup with a pick around 10. It's certainly a gamble but at least we're getting a slightly proven value.

If we buy and get any kind of guy over 30 already going downhill I think im gonna jump off a bridge.

Yep... We saw what happened after Price got Kreidered.

MTL didnt lose only cause Price got injured. 

Price was .919 / 2.35 GAA in the playoffs and Tokarski was .916 / 2.60 GAA. tokarski was really good for a rookie steping in that situation. Made some incredible saves and kept the team in and bunch of the goals were not his fault.

Rangers won the first game 7-2 and price was in net for a bunch of goals even before he got injured. 

Not saying the Habs are a powerhous, but they certainly are on the right track since Bergevin took over. They have lots of core pieces to build around.

Price is a top goalie. Galchenyuk is a top prospect and will be a star, Gallagher is a warrior and the heart of the team, Pacioretty is a top scorer, I hate Subban but he's a top offensive Dman. They have a bunch of good prospects. They clearly have a core and get better and better every year.

It might be ugly but they always "find a way" to win games. That's what good teams does. While we'd find ways to lose games. 

Yes. But the rest is quite mediocre and Therrien is clueless. 

Yes. But the rest is quite mediocre and Therrien is clueless. 

of course but we're still worst and we have 2-3 head coaches that also seems to be clueless at times lol

we have Severson, Schneider and maybe Larsson that we can build around then we're all really really mediocre

Edited by SterioDesign

At 50% maybe. Semin at 3.5M would be worth it if he could get back into form.

You do recall what we paid Clowe, right?

This team needs shooters. He skates a million times better than Ryder.  If they retained 1/3 I'd be all over it.  A line of Camm Gomez Semin could put up sick numbers. I'm not saying he doesn't need a good kick in the arse, but they need to shop the clearance rack and he could be a good find...or the lackey.

Gotta do something. I can't watch this lineup another season.

At 50% maybe. Semin at 3.5M would be worth it if he could get back into form.

Semin would thrive coming here and playing in this offensive juggernaut.

I don't care if we only paid half (which is a pipe dream to begin with) this is the type of move you would never make.

Honestly, trading Jagr at this point won't affect this team winning or not. He has noticeably slowed down and hasn't done much. I hope Lou reliazes that. Elias has looked a lot better recently than he was at the beginning of the season.

Elias wouldn't be moved if the package offered was sick...he ain't going anywhere. No way no how. I bet ya Zids is nearly the same, although his good will earned with Lou is quite less.  

Does anyone think Ryder is in the press box so he can't say he got hurt and basically torpedoes a trade? He totally strikes me a guy just collecting a paycheck and has no desire to play into the summertime or play that type of tough hockey. He knows that ain't happening here.

Hopefully Jags gets to go to a contender and I am sure he will if he wants to go.  I wouldn't rule him out in camp next year just because that happens.

I could see Harrold getting moved.

Oh, and how couldn't Elias look better? For a stretch there, I thought he was playing with a wrong handed stick he was so bad.

Edited by hystyk28