Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Supposedly (according to McKenzie) the NHL has its own internal Capgeek which is even far more accurate and detailed, if they were going to shut this site down they'd go after NHLNumbers and the other hack sites too.

It probably doesn't serve owners OR players that salaries are public knowledge but they can't swear agents to secrecy and agents certainly want to publicize their successes.  Part of me wishes we were blissfully ignorant on players' salaries cause it makes criticism even worse (a la the clown showing his phone image to Zajac at the team event) but also I feel like why shouldn't be fans more informed on what's going on with their team?  If you're going to let incorrect information be distributed, why not at least set the record straight?

Supposedly (according to McKenzie) the NHL has its own internal Capgeek which is even far more accurate and detailed, if they were going to shut this site down they'd go after NHLNumbers and the other hack sites too.

It probably doesn't serve owners OR players that salaries are public knowledge but they can't swear agents to secrecy and agents certainly want to publicize their successes.  Part of me wishes we were blissfully ignorant on players' salaries cause it makes criticism even worse (a la the clown showing his phone image to Zajac at the team event) but also I feel like why shouldn't be fans more informed on what's going on with their team?  If you're going to let incorrect information be distributed, why not at least set the record straight?

sorry to go off topic here, but real quick whats this about a fan showing Zajac his phone?

Edited by Onddeck

It was an image of money being flushed down the toilet and the fan said that's what he thought of Zajac at a fan event...but I'd rather not turn this thread into the cesspool of the 'I hate Devils fans' thread.  Just pointing out that if we didn't know players' salaries that kind of crap probably wouldn't happen.

So the latest from twitterverse is that CHI is looking to add a, specifically, "Skinner or Camalleri" type player.

Cammy + Quennville for Kane? Heheheheheehheeh

I would be surprised to see us gve up cammy-one of the few bright spots on offense for us.

If we were to part with him I would HOPE we get a sizable return (his age is high enough where when the youth of our team enters their prime he will be out of his)

I'd like to see:

Ryder to Boston

Harold to LA

Havlat to Chicago

Zids to STL

Although I think Zids gets one more year with us so that likely won't happen.

Harold was with LA before us so he knows their system. He could be an extra 7th man for a playoff run for them. I'd be happy with a 6th in return.

Havlat could help fill a void on a lower line for Chicago until Kane comes back. He'd be a really cheap option for them. 5th-6th maybe?

I think Ryder could get us a 3rd from Boston but I'd be fine with a 4th at this point.

we're not getting anything for zids! no one is giving us a first or second! (fingers crossed)

With what trades have been going on Zids would definitly bring back a second and possible first. However, I am 100% positive that he doesnt wave his NTC, so he wont get moved. That being said, if he does for some reason get traded for less I will post a piblic apology to you all for being wrong

Not that i think that those guys are available but i'd throw a lot of assets to get a guy like Nikita Kucherov, Max Domi, William Nylander, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Anthony Mantha, Thomas Ertl, Strome, Bennet  or the Reinhart brothers or players around that age and with that kind of potential.

I'd totally offer a package of Cammalleri + Gelinas + 2nd or wtv (if i really have to) to get one of those kids. Chances are those teams wouldn't move them but you simply never know. Sometimes a team is going to really feel they are in a window to go for a run and they are willing to sacrifice the farm a bit or the GM has pressure from the owner or the kid is unhappy. A key player got injured but they can't give up on a run this year and HAVE to take a hit to fill the hole... god knows.

I don't like Cammaleri personally but he's certainly doing the job on the ice, i'd just like to get a possible future star first line player around the same age as our younsters so that they could all grow together. And to get that well you obviously have to sacrifice. Like i said Cam is doing the job now but soon his production will drop and his best year would have been wasted through a rebuilding team.

Edited by SterioDesign

With what trades have been going on Zids would definitly bring back a second and possible first. However, I am 100% positive that he doesnt wave his NTC, so he wont get moved. That being said, if he does for some reason get traded for less I will post a piblic apology to you all for being wrong

no! I guarantee we arent getting a first or second for him! :wink2:

I am kind of wondering whether Zidlicky and Matteau or one of the second round picks this year could land someone like Anthony Mantha, who has underwhelmed somewhat in his first AHL year relative to the videogame numbers he put in in junior.

The lineup tonight vs Boston is pretty much saying, "Alright Cory, need a bigger challenge?" The lines are trash sans Jagr and Gomez. Fraser and Gelinas make up the scariest tandem ever.

After tonight, the word playoffs should never be uttered again. Then it will be open season in NJ....aka nothing changes.

music to my ears! hopefully cory gets a sore throat and pulls himself

Stole this from hf but it looks like there's interest in Havlat...

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1m1 minute ago

#devils Martin Havlat has 52pts in 75 playoffs games. Hearing from a few teams that they are looking at the possibility of trading for him.

Also from TFP:

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 33m33 minutes ago

Told by separate league sources that Havlat's been actively shopped. Devils been fairly busy lately.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 34m34 minutes ago

A few teams looking for playoff depth have been asking about Devils winger Martin Havlat (pending UFA), who is likely moved by Mar 2.

Havlat's probably an option for some teams more because he's making so much less money compared to some other rentals.  Not really sure why anyone would make much out of his playoffs numbers at this point.  He's played in 8 playoff games since the '11-'12 season.