Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I don't trade Cammaleri. We need players for next season not just picks and maybes. It's hard to find scoring as it is.

I like Camm a ton, but I'm just reminded of the Oilers turning down Comrie for Cory Perry and a first way back when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammy is a player you actually discuss trading (as opposed to Cory). It's a difficult choice. Cammy is starting to get into his mid 30s and who knows how many more good seasons he has in him? Furthermore he's hot right now and his stock may not get higher. He could be traded for players/picks that could help this team in just a couple years. On the other hand, Cammy is one of the corner pieces of our franchise right now, and one of the few players, who with the right additions next year, could help us compete for the playoffs right away. It all really depends on what Lou's outlook/plan is for next year.

That's the last I will say on it because I think it's very straightforward.

Why do you keep telling me, "This is the last I will say on this."? If you are done talking about something, that is fine, you don't have to announce it.

Holy sh!t - neb00rs not everything has to be an argument.  You are arguing with me about literally everything.  I say I am done the argument and you say 'Why are you announcing it?'  Because you will not stop.  You will just keep going with any argument.  So that's why I announce it, so after I post the same exact thing twice so that you won't have to bother posting the same exact thing twice and we can move on to you arguing with me about something else.

Why are we trading Cammalleri?  The Blackhawks don't want him.  They have zero cap room for next year.  He's working out well here.  

Holy sh!t - neb00rs not everything has to be an argument.  You are arguing with me about literally everything.  I say I am done the argument and you say 'Why are you announcing it?'  Because you will not stop.  You will just keep going with any argument.  So that's why I announce it, so after I post the same exact thing twice so that you won't have to bother posting the same exact thing twice and we can move on to you arguing with me about something else.

Ok, Triumph. 

Edited by Neb00rs

Why are we trading Cammalleri? The Blackhawks don't want him. They have zero cap room for next year. He's working out well here.

I recalled a non-hockeyyinsiderr mention that Chicago was interested, and I'm a few adult beverages deep. It's all for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are we trading Cammalleri?  The Blackhawks don't want him.  They have zero cap room for next year.  He's working out well here.  

One of the Chicago Tribune beat writers tossed his name out as one of the players the Hawks were looking at.

Camm might bring back Sharp and a 3rd.

Why would we want Sharp? He's older than Cammalleri and doesn't get us any younger which is a real issue. Sharp for Cammalleri is a lateral move. They need Sharp going into the playoffs just as much as they need someone for Kane.

I don't think there's really much of a chance we trade Camm, but if we did Id ask for Teravainen, 1st in 2015, 2nd in 2016, and we'd probably have to take a roster player (i.e. Oduya) making a few million back to make the money work unless they found another deal first.

And I could see them making a move like this (not for Cammalleri necessarily) for the playoff run, they can worry about trading off Sharp or another $ player in the offseason to get under the cap. I just dont think its realistic at the end of the day and Im not advocating it at all, but if it was to happen I ask for a lot.

Edited by ghdi

Why would we want Sharp? He's older than Cammalleri and doesn't get us any younger which is a real issue. Sharp for Cammalleri is a lateral move. They need Sharp going into the playoffs just as much as they need someone for Kane.

I don't think there's really much of a chance we trade Camm, but if we did Id ask for Teravainen, 1st in 2015, 2nd in 2016, and we'd probably have to take a roster player (i.e. Oduya) making a few million back to make the money work unless they found another deal first.

And I could see them making a move like this (not for Cammalleri necessarily) for the playoff run, they can worry about trading off Sharp or another $ player in the offseason to get under the cap. I just dont think its realistic at the end of the day and Im not advocating it at all, but if it was to happen I ask for a lot.

I'm not in favor of trading Camm. I was just suggesting that's the type of deal that would probably be done.

One of the Chicago Tribune beat writers tossed his name out as one of the players the Hawks were looking at.

I think they just phrased it poorly (but perhaps on purpose for #clicks). They want that type of player, a scorer with term. I assume they're moving Sharp (+ someone?) and there'll be changes on D so they'll keep their Cammelleri/Skinner.

lol, yeah trade cammy... like mets fans wanting to move murphy, if they didnt have the prospect and he could turn a double play. where are those hits coming from then?

cam is a non tradable asset, unless they know of an injury we dont. the only thing we should focus on is getting below columbus and possibly toronto and carolina which means sitting cory more often (the flu, a muscle twinge, headache)

getting a 1st for zid, and dumping vets

The Hurricanes, according to the two league sources, are willing to retain a "significant portion" of Semin's contract if a team is in acquiring him.

Semin at 4.75 for Clowe?

If only to see which fans are bold enough to wear a jersey that says "Semin" on it at the Rock.

Everyone on the Devils, including Cammy, could have a price tag.  If the Blackhawks want him enough, and are ready to part ways with some good assets, then why not entertain a possible offer.

The Clowe, enigma, doesnt need to be resolved.  I think if he is on an insured contract (which I'm certain he is), then the Devils have no issue putting him on the LTIR and his numbers come off the books regardless.

But I repeat, EVERYONE on the roster should be fair game for a trade if the right price is met.

Everyone on the Devils, including Cammy, could have a price tag.  If the Blackhawks want him enough, and are ready to part ways with some good assets, then why not entertain a possible offer.

The Clowe, enigma, doesnt need to be resolved.  I think if he is on an insured contract (which I'm certain he is), then the Devils have no issue putting him on the LTIR and his numbers come off the books regardless.

But I repeat, EVERYONE on the roster should be fair game for a trade if the right price is met.

yeah, everyone has a price.. but realisticly noboby is giving us what we would demand for him, ditto cory. ditto severson (because of the injury)