Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

The funny part is most Devils boards and groups were terrified of the prospect that we'd make ZERO moves this weekend. We made two pretty decent moves and it makes me happy.

exactly. Im OBVIOUSLY one of those guy who wanted at least to see that we were looking for the future. And we did that. Higher expectations than that would have been foolish really.

There's nothing to be thrilled about really but im certainly not disappointed (other than knowing Baertschi went for that cheap)

Seriously - holy sh!t am I sick of seeing these whiny posts about the "old guard". Enough already - if you don't like it here, move on. Keep the pointless romanticizing to yourselves.

We're an active Devils community that is a thousand times better than hfboards and the various facebook groups. People have strong opinions, and they discuss them freely.

It's a message board. Do some of you guys even realize how boring this place would be if we all just held hands and sang kumbaya all the time?

I agree and I've been here almost 12 years now. This place is still the best Devils message board out there.

Seriously - holy sh!t am I sick of seeing these whiny posts about the "old guard".  Enough already - if you don't like it here, move on.  Keep the pointless romanticizing to yourselves.

We're an active Devils community that is a thousand times better than hfboards and the various facebook groups.  People have strong opinions, and they discuss them freely.

It's a message board.  Do some of you guys even realize how boring this place would be if we all just held hands and sang kumbaya all the time?  

Typical.  "I can say whatever I want, we all have opinions.  But I don't want to hear yours about the old days!!"

Did you even realize how ridiculous that sounded?  Probably not.

There was never this level of BS, SH. 

There was plenty of it, though.  A lot of negativity around the team even when they were winning Cups.  Yes, there's more now, and there's fewer members of the board so it stands out more, but it was always there.

There was never this level of BS, SH.

There has always been posters that don't get along. Just remember that not everyone had access to the internet back than like it is today. We have some younger posters here now cause what kid doesn't have a cell phone with the internet nowadays. There are still just as many great people and posters here. Why let a select few bother you? There are ignore features or do what I do and simply scroll past or don't respond to posts or posters that bother you.

I just don't think hf is better than this place and I'll probably never be convinced otherwise.

Seriously - holy sh!t am I sick of seeing these whiny posts about the "old guard".  Enough already - if you don't like it here, move on.  Keep the pointless romanticizing to yourselves.

We're an active Devils community that is a thousand times better than hfboards and the various facebook groups.  People have strong opinions, and they discuss them freely.

It's a message board.  Do some of you guys even realize how boring this place would be if we all just held hands and sang kumbaya all the time?  

1000% correct on being better than the various FB groups.  While a good indicator of the feelings of the casual fans and entertaining, they are filled with basically the "peanut gallery" fans.

Better than HFBoards?  Maybe.  HFBoards is many times more active regarding topics other than the off-ice product.  The Marketplace and Around the Rock forums used to be pretty busy when I first joined 5 years ago (especially the Marketplace).  Now both are virtual ghost towns.

Don't think Devils helped themselves over the last few weeks. I understand the goal of the new coaching staff is not to maximize their traid bait at the deadline, but they kind of did the opposite.

I'm sure people will disagree, but Jagr could have been worth more under circumstances. When you cut his minutes, and demote him, it scares off other teams, but is Jagr that much worse than he was two years ago or last year? Doubt it.

Ryder, I mean he's been mismanaged for two years in NJ. When you sign Ryder, you have to know what you are getting. Either way, scratching him 16 of 18 games right before the deadline or whatever it was, just makes little sense. Give him some PP time, or some time with Elias and Gomez, you might get a few goals, and some team takes him for depth. But not being able to crack this lineup with so many duds, that's quite a red flag for GMs.

As for the players that did get a chance to play, perhaps Tootoo and Bernier's trade value got bumped, but I wonder if Lou hesitated to trade them. Expect another 1-yr deal for Bernier.

All in all, happy to be able to get some decent picks for two guys whose cumulative age adds up to 82.

Two of the team's five best skaters.

1000% correct on being better than the various FB groups. While a good indicator of the feelings of the casual fans and entertaining, they are filled with basically the "peanut gallery" fans.

Better than HFBoards? Maybe. HFBoards is many times more active regarding topics other than the off-ice product. The Marketplace and Around the Rock forums used to be pretty busy when I first joined 5 years ago (especially the Marketplace). Now both are virtual ghost towns.

Perhaps the Devils and their stand on reselling tickets has something to do with it? I never visited the market place much before but I could see why season ticket holders would be hesitant with putting their seat locations on here for sale. Edited by Satans Hockey

Perhaps the Devils and their stand on reselling tickets has something to do with it? I never visited the market place much before but I could see why season ticket holders would be hesitant with putting their seat locations on here for sale.

Actually I was talking more about the Jersey and Game worn jersey threads (the game worn jersey thread has over 100 pages alone).  Those were active and no longer as much for reasons....well it's for reasons and let's leave it at that lol.

And I can understand not wanting to sell tickets on here, but even still in my various attempts at selling on here have been mixed.  Made 1 successful sale here to another member and had plenty of tire kickers wasting my time.  That, however, I am not blaming the board or the mods as that's pretty much my experience with trying to sell anything outside of eBay and CL.

Per TG

Lamoriello said if he was giving up on this season you would have seen "several other players" moved today.

well.... im biting my tongue quite hard right now

Well for fvcks sake.  No.. no, don't take the bait.  

Just Lou speak.  He couldn't get anything else worked out so he has to say that.  

I'm actually surprised no one took a chance on either Ryder or Havlat or that Lou really couldn't or didn't want to trade them.  I can imagine at least with Ryder whose cap hit isn't that bad could be useful to someone and I doubt Lou wants him back.  Just strange.

Per TG

Lamoriello said if he was giving up on this season you would have seen "several other players" moved today.

well.... im biting my tongue quite hard right now

Right, he is just gonna come out and say, "well there was no interest in our trash and let's get real, we all know there wasn't any chance in hell we were making the playoffs no matter who was or wasn't here."

He just twisted the fact no one wanted our guys into the BS of we still believe.  

In regards to Bernier, Tootoo, Gomez, I hate to say it because they have played well on this debacle of a roster, but in all honesty they are pretty close to being trash themselves.

Edited by hystyk28