Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Jagr may bring back a 2nd. Zids probably wouldn't. I don't think it's worth it to trade Jagr. He likes NJ and should be given an option at another year. Chances are more than likely that 2nd round pick you get turns into nothing or takes at least a few seasons to even crack the roster. It doesn't meet immediate(2015-2016 season) needs.

Jagr may bring back a 2nd. Zids probably wouldn't. I don't think it's worth it to trade Jagr. He likes NJ and should be given an option at another year. Chances are more than likely that 2nd round pick you get turns into nothing or takes at least a few seasons to even crack the roster. It doesn't meet immediate(2015-2016 season) needs.

Then you're just kicking the can down the road again. Sooner or later you have to fill the spots.

I wonder if Gelinas could be part of a trade with Jagr that results in either a higher or an extra pick.

In related news, Evander Kane was a healthy scratch for the second straight game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I posted this in another thread, but this is what sportsnet is reporting

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/kane-skipped-game-after-incident-with-teammates/

carp, 11 power play points from Zid... he might very well get you a second

William is right on this one- that guy does know a couple of people. I don't post over there, but I read that board quite often- the dude is legit plugged in.

Or could be a lucky guesser.  What other things has he gotten right?  I just don't trust random internet forum posters.

(Watch as it turns out to be Tommy Albelin haha).

Or could be a lucky guesser. What other things has he gotten right? I just don't trust random internet forum posters.

(Watch as it turns out to be Tommy Albelin haha).

I'm pretty sure he had Parise leaving a full day before it was announced, for one. Maybe some of the HF posters can chime in on this one too. I'm with you as far as people claiming to have connections, but the knowledgable posters over there (of which there are few) trust him. Edited by MadDog2020

I'm pretty sure he had Parise leaving a full day before it was announced, for one. Maybe some of the HF posters can chime in on this one too. I'm with you as far as people claiming to have connections, but the knowledgable posters over there (of which there are few) trust him.

Saying Parise is leaving was not exactly going out on a limb there so I am not going to really put a lot of stock into that.

If he predicted Kovy leaving a day before then that would make a believer out of me.

No part of either Kane (unless it's Patrick Kane) or Wheeler. 

We need to rebuild around draft picks.  Give up players in exchange for draft picks and move on. 

Neither Kane or Wheeler will help us short term or long term unless we build teams around them.

No part of either Kane (unless it's Patrick Kane) or Wheeler.

We need to rebuild around draft picks. Give up players in exchange for draft picks and move on.

Neither Kane or Wheeler will help us short term or long term unless we build teams around them.

Kane is 23 years old, and the idea would be to buy low on him. He will make the team better in the short and long term, and you wouldn't have to "build the team around him" the same way the Devils didn't build the team around a player like Arnott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk