Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

he could haver traded  Gomez, Ryder, Bernier and Havlat for picks ( and BTW i love Gomez and wanted him signed at camp!, ) And incase you do not know me, i have been screaming for 4 years that this team needs to get younger and every year we get older & older & older... half our fwrds have AARP cards its insane!!   right now he's the coach, why are Ryder & Havlat not playing every single game up to the trade dealine? maybe then he could have traded them... instead he sits them 90% of the games and noone will touch them.

with the exception of finding a way to trade for kesel or JVR I doubt I would have been happy with anything LL did, although trading those listed above for picks probabkly would have kept me quiet until the free agency.

LL has put together an awful roster .. 3 straight year of no playoffs and you are going to defend him?? IMHO that enough reason for me to replace him.

Tell me in yours eyes what does LL need to do for you to admit what an awful job he has done!!

No offense to you, but who are we trading to get either one of these players?  It's easy to say, go get these guys, but this isn't NHL '15 where you can put the trade settings on easy mode and pick them up for a 3rd and Stephen Gionta.  Either trade would have surely required us to include our 1st round pick from this year or next, which a team that is in full "transition" (a/k/a rebuild) mode just doesn't do, especially with the chance (however small it may be) of getting to select an all world talent like McDavid. 

No offense to you, but who are we trading to get either one of these players?  It's easy to say, go get these guys, but this isn't NHL '15 where you can put the trade settings on easy mode and pick them up for a 3rd and Stephen Gionta.  Either trade would have surely required us to include our 1st round pick from this year or next, which a team that is in full "transition" (a/k/a rebuild) mode just doesn't do, especially with the chance (however small it may be) of getting to select an all world talent like McDavid. 

I donot disagree with you, just trying to define my furstration w/ LL and the type of blockbuster he would have to make to change my opinion, which is years in the making, not just rustration over the trade deadline....