Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

jagr wouldn't be enough, but perhaps jagr, gelinas and a 3rd.

kane is worth the role of the dice, i think. i mean, yes, he's another left handed LW and that's not necessarily what the devils need but he's still a good offensive player with speed and skill.

arnott was considered insubordinate also before he got dealt to NJ. getting him out of canada and into a market with no pressure would probably be a welcome change to his game.

jagr wouldn't be enough, but perhaps jagr, gelinas and a 3rd.

kane is worth the role of the dice, i think. i mean, yes, he's another left handed LW and that's not necessarily what the devils need but he's still a good offensive player with speed and skill.

arnott was considered insubordinate also before he got dealt to NJ. getting him out of canada and into a market with no pressure would probably be a welcome change to his game.

You've just included two pieces of crap along with the only decent thing in the deal.  Maybe Jagr + Henrique gets it done.

I don't think the Devils should be interested in Evander Kane - they don't have a center for him, and they'd basically have to get that guy in this year's draft.  The time for a deal for a guy like that is 2 years away still, I think.  

Was doing a little searching for prospects that might be buried on a team with a stacked roster. LA has a center that shoots right named Nick Shore who has produced REALLY well in the AHL this year. I wonder if they'd be interested in trading him for Zidlicky since they have no idea if they'll get Voynov back this year. Even if it meant tossing in an extra pick like a 3rd, that might be worthwhile.

LA is pretty set at center right now and he's only gotten 6 NHL games this year, so they might be open to trading him. Has put up 42 points in 38 games and is getting nearly 2.7 shots per game this year in the AHL. He's 6'1" 195lbs and we need guys who can play center or RW and this guy could do both.

Edited by ATLL765

The thing with Evander Kane is, you won't know whether he's the type of guy who's going to be a cancer no matter where he goes or he simply needs a change of scenery until he gets that change of scenery.  I don't remember if he got into any trouble when the Jets were still in Atlanta, but it's pretty clear that the move to Winnipeg has not suited him.  By the same token, it's hard to predict how Kane would deal with the expectations and restrictions inherent with being a Devil.  Much like a certain other Thrasher before him, a little bit of structure and discipline might do him good and enable him to thrive... or he could be unable or unwilling to adapt to this environment, cementing his reputation as a problem child and (hopefully) leading to a quick exit from New Jersey.  I don't know if he's high-risk, high-reward, but he's probably at least a medium-risk, medium-reward player.

winnipeg now has a sunk cost for this year and wants desperately to make the playoffs this year. if he'd go, no team will trade for kane right now that might be in a playoff hunt. It's someone that can afford to wait until next season. I wonder if wpg would trade him for jagr

Jagr won't go to a team that might make post season. only to a true contender firmly entrenched. Yes, he has a choice. To say Jagr for Kane?  unless Kane is that toxic. it'll take way more than that

Says the guy who wrote all of the below about Cammalleri. You sound like the starving bum declining the tuna! Which one is it?

Yup, i said that about ONE guy in the entire league and people who knows me knows he's the one guy i didnt want and i still don't like him and everything he did in LA, Calgary and MTL was true. Im absolutely not taking it back and i still dont even cheer when he's scoring. 

The people im referring to never want ANYONE on this roster it seem for this and that reason.

Sadly i have a life and don't have all that stupid time you took to find those quotes from MONTHS ago, but if i did i'd go back and find all the posters im referring to. 

Good on you though, good on you.

Was doing a little searching for prospects that might be buried on a team with a stacked roster. LA has a center that shoots right named Nick Shore who has produced REALLY well in the AHL this year. I wonder if they'd be interested in trading him for Zidlicky since they have no idea if they'll get Voynov back this year. Even if it meant tossing in an extra pick like a 3rd, that might be worthwhile.

LA is pretty set at center right now and he's only gotten 6 NHL games this year, so they might be open to trading him. Has put up 42 points in 38 games and is getting nearly 2.7 shots per game this year in the AHL. He's 6'1" 195lbs and we need guys who can play center or RW and this guy could do both.

I remember when he was in the draft, I was hoping we'd pick him.

Mostly for the Jersey Shore headlines that'd crop up immediately on NHL.com, but also seemed like a solid skilled center.

Jagr may bring back a 2nd. Zids probably wouldn't. I don't think it's worth it to trade Jagr. He likes NJ and should be given an option at another year. Chances are more than likely that 2nd round pick you get turns into nothing or takes at least a few seasons to even crack the roster. It doesn't meet immediate(2015-2016 season) needs.

I agree with this very much so. A lot of people want a trade for jagr but hes been one of our main producers and I don't think it's worth the risk. Pierre are talking about a decline in play next year like it's a guarantee. It's admittedly likely, but far from a guarantee

Edit: "people" autocorrected to "Pierre"

Yech

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I don't want to trade Zid he is the only D we have that can generate offense. But what is the status on Clowe???

Zids is going to be 39 years old next season.  With the shape this team is in, I'd rather see the Devils move him (his skillset ensures that he has some value...it's not like a Ryder situation, where it'll pretty much be "Here ya go").  Unless you think the Devils are going to be playoff-bound next year (I'd love to see that happen, but it just doesn't seem possible, even if Schneider has a career year), it just doesn't seem to make much sense to hang onto Zids. 

What's actually kind of amazing is that for all of the complaining about this 8-3-2 "burst" screwing up the Devils' draft position, they're only 2 points ahead of 7th (and Columbus has two games in hand) and 6 points ahead of 8th (Carolina has a game in hand) in the Metro.  Carolina has gone 9-3-3 in its last 15.  The fact is that bad teams, either through luck or temporarily improved play, have the occasional good stretch...that being said, I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with Carolina to know what's spurned their turnaround. 

Just wish the deadline would get here already.

Anyone over the age of 32 who can be traded at the deadline for more than a bag of pucks needs to go!!  This offense is awful,

Chances are more than likely that 2nd round pick you get turns into nothing or takes at least a few seasons to even crack the roster

If you cannopt trust your scouting dept to find a player in the 2nd round then we need new scouts!!  Jagr is 42, the chances that he is an effective player when we start winning again is minimal, get something while you can, smae goes for Zids.. 

Mike Jonhston from sportsnet reported the top 7 teams who could land Kane and were in there, took  the text from a french media so here's the potential targeted players for a trade

1. Penguins de Pittsburgh

Kasperi Kapanen (ailier), Nick Spalling (ailier), Beau Bennett (ailier), Blake Comeau (ailier) et Scott Harrington (défenseur)

2. Ducks d'Anaheim

Matt Beleskey (ailier), Jakob Silfverberg (ailier), Devante Smith-Pelley (ailier), Nick Ritchie (ailier), Emerson Etem (ailier), Shea Theodore (défenseur), Nick Sorensen (ailier) et Nicolas Kerdiles (centre) 

3. Flyers de Philadelphie

Brayden Schenn (centre), Samuel Morin (défenseur), Michael Del Zotto (défenseur), Shayne Gostisbehere (défenseur) et Robert Hagg (défenseur)

4. Bruins de Boston

Loui Eriksson (ailier), Brad Marchand (ailier), Alexander Khokhlachev (centre), Seth Griffith (ailier), Ryan Spooner (centre), Linus Arnesson (défenseur) et Anthony Camara (ailier) 

5. Avalanche du Colorado

Ryan O'Reilly (ailier), Chris Bigras (défenseur), Nick Holden (défenseur), Joey Hishon (centre) et Troy Bourke (centre)

6. Canucks de Vancouver

Joueurs identifiés pour une transaction: Bo Horvat (centre), Hunter Shinkaruk (ailier), Nicklas Jensen (ailier), Nick Bonino (centre) et Zack Kassian (ailier)

7. Devils du New Jersey

Mike Cammalleri (ailier), Damon Severson (défenseur), Reid Boucher (ailier), Raman Hrabarenka (défenseur) et Éric Gélinas (défenseur)

Mike Jonhston from sportsnet reported the top 7 teams who could land Kane and were in there, took  the text from a french media so here's the potential targeted players for a trade

1. Penguins de Pittsburgh

Kasperi Kapanen (ailier), Nick Spalling (ailier), Beau Bennett (ailier), Blake Comeau (ailier) et Scott Harrington (défenseur)

2. Ducks d'Anaheim

Matt Beleskey (ailier), Jakob Silfverberg (ailier), Devante Smith-Pelley (ailier), Nick Ritchie (ailier), Emerson Etem (ailier), Shea Theodore (défenseur), Nick Sorensen (ailier) et Nicolas Kerdiles (centre) 

3. Flyers de Philadelphie

Brayden Schenn (centre), Samuel Morin (défenseur), Michael Del Zotto (défenseur), Shayne Gostisbehere (défenseur) et Robert Hagg (défenseur)

4. Bruins de Boston

Loui Eriksson (ailier), Brad Marchand (ailier), Alexander Khokhlachev (centre), Seth Griffith (ailier), Ryan Spooner (centre), Linus Arnesson (défenseur) et Anthony Camara (ailier) 

5. Avalanche du Colorado

Ryan O'Reilly (ailier), Chris Bigras (défenseur), Nick Holden (défenseur), Joey Hishon (centre) et Troy Bourke (centre)

6. Canucks de Vancouver

Joueurs identifiés pour une transaction: Bo Horvat (centre), Hunter Shinkaruk (ailier), Nicklas Jensen (ailier), Nick Bonino (centre) et Zack Kassian (ailier)

7. Devils du New Jersey

Mike Cammalleri (ailier), Damon Severson (défenseur), Reid Boucher (ailier), Raman Hrabarenka (défenseur) et Éric Gélinas (défenseur)

I'd trade everything on that list but Severson for Kane. But I don't see why Cammy would be on that list unless he asked to be traded.

I'd trade everything on that list but Severson for Kane. But I don't see why Cammy would be on that list unless he asked to be traded.

Absolutely agree, but I think Severson kinda makes that package for WPG.  Without him it's a whole lot of quantity for a quality sort of deal.

Seems like pure speculation to me though.  Can't imagine Cammy gets traded.

Absolutely agree, but I think Severson kinda makes that package for WPG.  Without him it's a whole lot of quantity for a quality sort of deal.

Judging by comments from Canadian friends of mine, the hype for Severson is very very real. My Toronto buddy said Kessel for Severson straight up. My Edmonton buddy said anyone on the Oil for Severson straight up, maybe even the first pick. 

That being said, I agree we shouldn't trade him, especially for Kane. We'd come out losers in that trade, not so much in the sense that we're all sure he'll be a superstar one day; but more for the fact that how high his stock is right now, we could land better players than Kane.