Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

IMO Severson is an untouchable. He has shown such great talent and it's only his first year. Our defensive squad will look extremely good in the future with Larsson, Severson, Merril, Santini etc. But with that being said, I'm extremely open with trading Boucher. Teams might have interest.

Absolutely agree, but I think Severson kinda makes that package for WPG.  Without him it's a whole lot of quantity for a quality sort of deal.

Seems like pure speculation to me though.  Can't imagine Cammy gets traded.

Yeah in the end I think another team will offer a better package but I wonder if Boucher, Gelinas, 2015 2nd could get it done. Winnipeg also might want something for a playoff push this year so maybe throwing in Havlat or Jagr could help. I still think we'd be outbid.

Yeah in the end I think another team will offer a better package but I wonder if Boucher, Gelinas, 2015 2nd could get it done. Winnipeg also might want something for a playoff push this year so maybe throwing in Havlat or Jagr could help. I still think we'd be outbid.

Two question marks and a draft pick probably doesn't get it done.  Kane's value isn't exactly at its highest, but Boucher and Gelinas might not even be NHLers.

Two question marks and a draft pick probably doesn't get it done.  Kane's value isn't exactly at its highest, but Boucher and Gelinas might not even be NHLers.

I wouldn't want to part with anything else. We're better off being patient with drafting for a few years than trading anything of significance. Then again Cammy's contract could be up by the time that happens so maybe trading him does make a little sense. I just don't think Lou would do that to him unless he asked. Zajac is from Winnipeg, maybe he could be included. I know this ones a long shot but does anyone think Zajac, Cammy, Gelinas could get it done? We'd probably have to take salary back.

I wouldn't want to part with anything else. We're better off being patient with drafting for a few years than trading anything of significance. Then again Cammy's contract could be up by the time that happens so maybe trading him does make a little sense. I just don't think Lou would do that to him unless he asked. Zajac is from Winnipeg, maybe he could be included. I know this ones a long shot but does anyone think Zajac, Cammy, Gelinas could get it done? We'd probably have to take salary back.

Zajac's contract is prohibitive right now.  Some bad money would have to come back.

Judging by comments from Canadian friends of mine, the hype for Severson is very very real. My Toronto buddy said Kessel for Severson straight up. My Edmonton buddy said anyone on the Oil for Severson straight up, maybe even the first pick. 

That being said, I agree we shouldn't trade him, especially for Kane. We'd come out losers in that trade, not so much in the sense that we're all sure he'll be a superstar one day; but more for the fact that how high his stock is right now, we could land better players than Kane.

I'd trade Severson and some other stuff for Edmonton's first pick.  At the very worst, we'd end up with Noah Hanifin.  Obviously Edmonton is not making that trade.

And at this point, Kane is what he is, even without the perceived attitude issues: an injured left-winger that was playing on the third line for a team that isn't really an offensive dynamo.  Severson is not worth that.

I think any Kane talks start with Winnipeg asking for a first round pick, at which point we should bow out of the conversation.

Maybe a late first. But Kane is 3 years removed from his 30 goal year coming off pretty major surgery and its pretty obvious he wants out of WPG. WPG doesn't have much leaverage to over negotitate with other teams.

This will be 2 top 10 picks in consectuive years really crapping out in WPG (Kane and Burmistrov).

Maybe a late first. But Kane is 3 years removed from his 30 goal year coming off pretty major surgery and its pretty obvious he wants out of WPG. WPG doesn't have much leaverage to over negotitate with other teams.

This will be 2 top 10 picks in consectuive years really crapping out in WPG (Kane and Burmistrov).

But if a bunch of teams are talking to them, they have the ability to be a little picky on what they want back

Thanks. Would not be surprised if he is moved to the Pens

I don't think they're going to be willing to trade more picks having already traded their 1st and 3rd round picks. They don't have much in the way of forward prospects either. Maybe there's a 3-way trade to be had with a team that does have picks to trade and needs a defense prospect.