Devils Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I'd trade him for Beau Bennett. Not sure the Penguins do that, but it beats a 2nd round pick.

Not sure Pittsburgh would do that either, but I 100% agree that if we can get a prospect who is close to or already NHL ready, we should look to do that over acquiring picks. Finding a nice piece that way would do a lot to accelerate a rebuild of the offense.

The Pens can really use a RW if they want to make a serious playoff run. Hornqvist is giving them 3.5 shots per game but even he isn't producing all that much. Getting Jagr would allow them to sit Sill (Arcobello will probably come out of the lineup when Comeau comes back) and move Perron over to LW where they need some scoring. The Bruins are obviously an option too, I don't think they have much faith in David Pastrnak yet. Though, how often do we see teams do repeat rentals with players? McKenzie mentioned Montreal about a month back, and Jagr would have a prominent role with them (I'm sure they'd love to not have to play Chris Thomas and who knows when Parenteau is going to return). The last possibility I can think of is Washington, and they seem like they are doing pretty well with Johannson, Ward, and Brouwer. Ward has as many goals as Jagr and a better S% btw and Brouwer has 15 goals with a 16.0 S%. There's really no room for Jagr there; there isn't any way to move Johannson over to center either.

The Pens seem to be the best fit for Jagr, assuming he wants to stick to the EC.

Edited by Neb00rs

If speculation is with Pens, I'd rather get a prospect (Wilkes) from Pens than a draft pick. If it's a 3rd rounder, it'll be a mid/upper 70's pick. There's gotta be RW they could part with. (Bennett) although he's always injured.

The Devils don't have assets to get Kane. Forget about it!

The Isles seem like a team that could use him, especially with Okposo hurt. Also don't know which of their other forwards can move over to right wing and vice-versa so maybe it isn't a match.

Okposo will be back by the deadline or soon after it but they still may want Jagr. Who knows what they think they need, but I hope they don't mess with their chemistry too much. They've been a fun story this year.

I wouldn't mind if Jagr wins a Cup. With what he's put up with the past two years, he deserves it. He's shown that 24/7 he eat/sleeps/breathes hockey and his passion is something to behold. He deserves another Cup and I hope he gets it (not with Islanders or Rangers).

i just hope Jagr goes to a team that lose in the first round

Why?  He's done nothing but be a good soldier and play hard here.  I have no complaints about his Devils body of work.

1st round exit could move us up 10 picks in the second round. He will not resign with NJ given our new system.

Can't argue that...thought SD was taking a dig at Jagr. 

per Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Huge deal. Hearing Myers, Stafford, Armia, and Lemieux + a 1st for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

WHAT!!!! Buffalo giving up their first???? or do they have two firsts?! 

because if they give up that 1st round pick AND give uyp Myers/Stafford/ extras, that is OUTRAGEOUS.

Devils Forward Jagr Wont Ask for Trade

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=36945&navid=nhl:topheads

First of all, not surprising he said that.  I don't think he was ever gonna "ask" for a trade but we all know its a possibility. 

Im only posting the link for a couple of points on Lou:

"ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun reported Tuesday that Jagr's agent, Petr Svoboda, met with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello in Montreal on Saturday...Lamoriello told Svoboda he's not ready to trade Jagr just yet because he still thinks the Devils are in the Stanley Cup Playoff race in the Eastern Conference."

"Since that reported meeting, New Jersey has lost to the Montreal Canadiens and Edmonton Oilers. The Devils are 12 points out of the second wild-card position in the Eastern Conference with 28 games remaining, including nine before the trade deadline."

So with just 9 games left before the deadline, the nex couple are gonna be critical in determing the immediate future of the devils.  I'm sure Lou will make up his mind on whether the Devils have a shot within the next couple of games... if the loss to EDM wasn't enough

As much as Lou saying that he thinks the Devils are still in the race is beyond disturbing, I can't go that crazy about it because 1) the deadline is still a ways away, and Lou probably wouldn't trade a guy like Jagr until deadline day anyway, and 2) he said it as the Devils were still on their 8-2-2 Fool's Gold run.  As reality hits the Devils, it will hit Lou too.   

As much as Lou saying that he thinks the Devils are still in the race is beyond disturbing, I can't go that crazy about it because 1) the deadline is still a ways away, and Lou probably wouldn't trade a guy like Jagr until deadline day anyway, and 2) he said it as the Devils were still on their 8-2-2 Fool's Gold run.  As reality hits the Devils, it will hit Lou too.   

Also you don't want to look desperate even if its just for the fan base.

Also you don't want to look desperate even if its just for the fan base.

Meh, it's not like it's a direct answer to a direct question, which is also why I can't go crazy about this.  Wouldn't surprise if Lou did feel that way two games ago though.

Meh, it's not like it's a direct answer to a direct question, which is also why I can't go crazy about this.  Wouldn't surprise if Lou did feel that way two games ago though.

If it broke right these last two games they would have been in the race as much as anyone on the outside looking in