New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

Geez, could ESPN gargle Harvey's man juice any more?

By all means Terry, wait until the sh!t hits the fan before getting Robles out of the game. TC showing yet again why he's going to be scary come playoff time.

All I gotta say is that the Mets better win the Braves series. Not saying they have to sweep. Just take two out of three.

Wright in the playoffs should be a sight. Derek Jeter he'll never be. God I hope he's not here for the duration of his contract. He is poisonous.

Duda: another loser. Strike out some more why don't ya? Notice how the team didn't really miss you when you were out of the lineup.

Stupid twat...yeah, Cuddyer's really had a good night, leaving the bases loaded back in the first.

CC showing Matt how a REAL tough guy pitches.

Still not worried about the playoffs, but the Mets are looking very soft tonight.

Guess Terry's already given up...Eric "White Flag" O'Flaherty's in the game.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It's a Mets board for Mets fans coffee. There's no reason for idiots to come in here just to clog it up with stupid comments. Like I said, I get it...you like to stir sh!t up. So be it.

It's not a Mets board. It's a Mets thread on a Devils board. It's a place to talk about the Mets on a board of a team whose geography spans the areas of three MLB teams. This thread doesn't say Mets fans thread, or thread for Mets fans to jerk off about the Mets together. It's a Mets thread. And I came to talk about the Mets.

Robles is a joke. If someone's going to implode like that, I'm so glad it's him.

It's not a Mets board. It's a Mets thread on a Devils board. It's a place to talk about the Mets on a board of a team whose geography spans the areas of three MLB teams. This thread doesn't say Mets fans thread, or thread for Mets fans to jerk off about the Mets together. It's a Mets thread. And I came to talk about the Mets.

Robles is a joke. If someone's going to implode like that, I'm so glad it's him.

So what?  If you want to mock the Mets do it in the Yankee thread or the around the league thread.  Home etiqutte rules still apply whether it's a thread that specifically says it's Mets-related or an entire board.  It's a season thread, it's clearly for fans and respectful oppostion to talk about the Mets.  It'd be like me going into the Dolphin thread to troll after their loss today...they wouldn't like it and rightly so.  Or CR going into the Jets thread to troll.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You know why you came in here coffee. It's not to bring anything worthwhile. It's to troll. Your first comment in here said it all. We've been doing these Mets threads for many years now, and though we've had fans of other teams come in here from time to time, they've usually been able to talk baseball without it turning into trash-talking for the sake of trash-talking.

Anyway, done with you, no reason to respond to you from here on out. Why don't you find a site where you can talk about your team? Are you really that bored with your existence that you need to come into a thread where you're clearly not wanted?

Well this one got away from the Mets. Hope Harvey's sitting there thinking "Well I did my job tonight." No you didn't Matt.

The "Mets fatten up on mediocre to bad teams" will gain some steam now. Losing 11 out of 16 at home is going to get noticed too.

Well this one got away from the Mets. Hope Harvey's sitting there thinking "Well I did my job tonight." No you didn't Matt.

The "Mets fatten up on mediocre to bad teams" will gain some steam now. Losing 11 out of 16 on the road is going to get noticed too.

At home you mean...they've actually fattened up on the road lately which is the inverse of what it was early in the season.

And yeah they're playing Atlanta which SHOULD be no worse than two out of three, but how much confidence can you really have in Niese or Verrett?  Or this bullpen before the seventh inning for that matter.  They have to at least split the first two and win the Colon start although god forbid we lose one more game and the Nats win tomorrow the pressure's going to really start up if it gets to five.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah meant home and not road.

Mets can silence doubters with a series win against the Braves. But yeah, no more cruise control from here on out. Mets need to go at least 6-4 in their next 10. No excuses...none of those teams are tough.

With the way Harvey was rolling, no doubt he had 2 more innings left in him. Now granted that doesn't mean the wretched pen wouldn't have collapsed anyway, but you know sometimes you need to make adjustments on the fly. Florida took yet another dive, this was a tight game...we needed the game. Harvey needed to fight like hell to stay in the game. But he has surprisingly little fight in him.

And a lot of the blame goes to the feet of the suddenly impotent O. That's seriously the best they can do against CC and Pineda who have not been great of late (CC bad all year!) and the Marlins scrubs the series before!?

Wake the fvck up guys

Also...thank god Washington is playing Baltimore, and in-state rival. I have more confidence in them mounting some kind of challenge to the Nats (and technically Baltimore is still in the hunt for the 2nd wild card albeit barely. Heck they're closer to WC2 than Washington is of the division)

Two teams, Mets and Yankees. Maybe Red Sox but Boston doesn't quite fall into the sphere of influence despite the transplants.

I didn't mock the Mets at all. They have a solid group this year. What I said was I hope they blow the division. That's not trash talk. I don't know what makes anyone here think they are going to talk New York sports on a Devils forum unmolested, anyway.

You guys are lucky you avoided Teheran. He pitched a gem yesterday. One day earlier, you're facing Teheran and Miller back to back. Now you've got two guys no one's ever heard of with 5+ eras. Take the opener from Miller, who's only got 5 wins on the year, and it should be an easy sweep.

Two teams, Mets and Yankees. Maybe Red Sox but Boston doesn't quite fall into the sphere of influence despite the transplants.

And the Phillies.

I didn't mock the Mets at all. They have a solid group this year. What I said was I hope they blow the division. That's not trash talk. I don't know what makes anyone here think they are going to talk New York sports on a Devils forum unmolested, anyway.

You guys are lucky you avoided Teheran. He pitched a gem yesterday. One day earlier, you're facing Teheran and Miller back to back. Now you've got two guys no one's ever heard of with 5+ eras. Take the opener from Miller, who's only got 5 wins on the year, and it should be an easy sweep.

And the Phillies.

It's back to pre 2007. Nobody knows they exist anymore and nobody will care for decades on end. As it was, as it will be once more.

It's back to pre 2007. Nobody knows they exist anymore and nobody will care for decades on end. As it was, as it will be once more.

It takes the Mets being a first place team and the Phillies fielding AAA guys and washed up vets for the Mets to outdraw the Phillies. The Mets are just another New York fad.Fans came around in 06. They kind of showed up this year.

The Phillies consistently outdraw the Mets. I don't think Mets fans should be opening up the discussion of relevancy off the field unless you're talking to Rays or Athletics fans.

Even when the Phillies were good, I only remember one Phillie fan partaking in the Met thread, and he wasn't really too bad.  But yeah, they look to be bad for the foreseeable future.  They did have a nice window of success though (5 straight division titles, 2 WS appearances, and a championship).  I would happily take a similar window, but though I have a feeling the Mets should be good for a while, I'm not sure they'll be making the playoffs year after year.  Getting to the dance five years in a row is not an easy feat. 

With the way Harvey was rolling, no doubt he had 2 more innings left in him. Now granted that doesn't mean the wretched pen wouldn't have collapsed anyway, but you know sometimes you need to make adjustments on the fly. Florida took yet another dive, this was a tight game...we needed the game. Harvey needed to fight like hell to stay in the game. But he has surprisingly little fight in him.

And a lot of the blame goes to the feet of the suddenly impotent O. That's seriously the best they can do against CC and Pineda who have not been great of late (CC bad all year!) and the Marlins scrubs the series before!?

Wake the fvck up guys

Also...thank god Washington is playing Baltimore, and in-state rival. I have more confidence in them mounting some kind of challenge to the Nats (and technically Baltimore is still in the hunt for the 2nd wild card albeit barely. Heck they're closer to WC2 than Washington is of the division)

Let's face it...this group was unconscious for a long time.  The offense was definitely covering up for some mehish starting pitching during that 34-13 run.  We probably should've known something like this was coming...pretty hard to win 70% of your games for so long.    

Re:  CC, he does come up with some good starts here and there.  He's not awful every time out.  Doesn't make less night any less irritating though. 

I'm not worried about the regular season, but I'm starting to think this team isn't going to make much noise come playoff time, no matter where the games are played.  One problem is that if Cespedes doesn't get scalding hot again, though there's guys who have a knack for coming through, there's too much of the Loser Old Guard like Wright and Duda who can be pitched to and gotten out with relative ease, especially in RBI spots.  I could see Wright failing in almost every big spot he comes up in during the playoffs...I couldn't be more sick of him and his constant spotlight-wilting act.  And the bullpen is looking mighty shaky right now...if deGrom, Harvey and whomever #3 is don't provide innings against the Dodgers, this could turn into a "well at least they won their division" kind of season very quickly.      

Anyway, wasn't going to do this anymore, but with the gap having narrowed, here's what the Nats have to do to beat out the Mets:

Mets go 6-7, Nats have to go 13-0 (on top of the 7-1 burst they're on now)

Mets go 5-8, Nats have to go 12-1

Mets go 4-9, Nats have to go 11-2

Even with this downturn and recent magic number stagnation, Nats still have to do a hell of a lot to pull this thing off.  I don't think most people realize how difficult it's going to be.  I still think this thing gets clinched during the Reds series. 

Don't feed the troll. 

Even when the Phillies were good, I only remember one Phillie fan partaking in the Met thread, and he wasn't really too bad.  But yeah, they look to be bad for the foreseeable future.  They did have a nice window of success though (5 straight division titles, 2 WS appearances, and a championship).  I would happily take a similar window, but though I have a feeling the Mets should be good for a while, I'm not sure they'll be making the playoffs year after year.  Getting to the dance five years in a row is not an easy feat. 

Let's face it...this group was unconscious for a long time.  The offense was definitely covering up for some mehish starting pitching during that 34-13 run.  We probably should've known something like this was coming...pretty hard to win 70% of your games for so long.    

Re:  CC, he does come up with some good starts here and there.  He's not awful every time out.  Doesn't make less night any less irritating though. 

I'm not worried about the regular season, but I'm starting to think this team isn't going to make much noise come playoff time, no matter where the games are played.  One problem is that if Cespedes doesn't get scalding hot again, though there's guys who have a knack for coming through, there's too much of the Loser Old Guard like Wright and Duda who can be pitched to and gotten out with relative ease, especially in RBI spots.  I could see Wright failing in almost every big spot he comes up in during the playoffs...I couldn't be more sick of him and his constant spotlight-wilting act.  And the bullpen is looking mighty shaky right now...if deGrom, Harvey and whomever #3 is don't provide innings against the Dodgers, this could turn into a "well at least they won their division" kind of season very quickly.      

Anyway, wasn't going to do this anymore, but with the gap having narrowed, here's what the Nats have to do to beat out the Mets:

Even with this downturn and recent magic number stagnation, Nats still have to do a hell of a lot to pull this thing off.  I don't think most people realize how difficult it's going to be.  I still think this thing gets clinched during the Reds series. 

The Braves worry me a bit, they're sort of due to piss in our cheerios, and Shelby Miller is tough, but no excuse for not beating up on Wisler and Perez

Granderson, who's been awesome for us this year (save for his Pennington like arm) is 0 for September when it comes to home runs. He's been immune from criticism for the most part, but this guy has to step it up as well now.

The Braves worry me a bit, they're sort of due to piss in our cheerios, and Shelby Miller is tough, but no excuse for not beating up on Wisler and Perez

Granderson, who's been awesome for us this year (save for his Pennington like arm) is 0 for September when it comes to home runs. He's been immune from criticism for the most part, but this guy has to step it up as well now.

They have to do it as a team.  They really don't have to do much.  They can't react like fans do...there's Mets fans who are going to act like the Mets are already trailing, and some panic is already setting in.  Too many fans don't realize how costly every Met win and every Nat loss is to the Nats' minuscule chances.   

Even when the Phillies were good, I only remember one Phillie fan partaking in the Met thread, and he wasn't really too bad. But yeah, they look to be bad for the foreseeable future. They did have a nice window of success though (5 straight division titles, 2 WS appearances, and a championship). I would happily take a similar window, but though I have a feeling the Mets should be good for a while, I'm not sure they'll be making the playoffs year after year. Getting to the dance five years in a row is not an easy feat.

Let's face it...this group was unconscious for a long time. The offense was definitely covering up for some mehish starting pitching during that 34-13 run. We probably should've known something like this was coming...pretty hard to win 70% of your games for so long.

Re: CC, he does come up with some good starts here and there. He's not awful every time out. Doesn't make less night any less irritating though.

I'm not worried about the regular season, but I'm starting to think this team isn't going to make much noise come playoff time, no matter where the games are played. One problem is that if Cespedes doesn't get scalding hot again, though there's guys who have a knack for coming through, there's too much of the Loser Old Guard like Wright and Duda who can be pitched to and gotten out with relative ease, especially in RBI spots. I could see Wright failing in almost every big spot he comes up in during the playoffs...I couldn't be more sick of him and his constant spotlight-wilting act. And the bullpen is looking mighty shaky right now...if deGrom, Harvey and whomever #3 is don't provide innings against the Dodgers, this could turn into a "well at least they won their division" kind of season very quickly.

Even with this downturn and recent magic number stagnation, Nats still have to do a hell of a lot to pull this thing off. I don't think most people realize how difficult it's going to be. I still think this thing gets clinched during the Reds series.

They won't be bad for much longer. If the Phillies aren't competing in 2017, they will be by 2018. The Cole Hamels deal completely stocked the system, and they've completely replaced the front office. Not to mention having unlimited spending power Edited by thecoffeecake

The attendance numbers for both the Phillies and the Mets pretty much show the exact same thing:  when the team is winning, the fans show up in droves, and when the team is losing, they don't.  Neither fan base is cut from the "we show up no matter what" cloth...more like "build it and we will come; if it sucks, we'll stay away."  The Mets have shown the ability to draw well over 3 million when they put a good product on the field, but the problem is they haven't shown the ability to build up that window of continual playoff-bound teams; in their history, they've only made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons once.  In 2006-2008 (the Mets' last three seasons in Shea), the Mets drew 3,379,535 in 2006, 3,853,955 in 2007, and 4,042,045 in 2008...and then the run of "That 70s Show" teams began...six seasons of 70-79 wins each year.  They still drew over 3 million in 2009, despite winning just 70 games.  And despite averaging just 76 wins per season over the past six years, they still drew over 2.1 million in each of those years...not awesome by any stretch, but even when there's nothing to get excited about, and even when Sandy and the Wilpons seem to be doing everything they can to give Met fans the collective finger, fans still show up in not-completely awful numbers...if the Mets had a couple of under-2 million seasons recently, I could understand it completely.

No one has a spare fvck to give about the Phillies right now...talk to me when they're any good again.  Their records have been dropping lately, and - SURPRISE! - so has their attendance.  Look at 1996-2002...Phillies fans can disappear with the best of them when their team isn't a contender. 

The attendance numbers for both the Phillies and the Mets pretty much show the exact same thing: when the team is winning, the fans show up in droves, and when the team is losing, they don't. Neither fan base is cut from the "we show up no matter what" cloth...more like "build it and we will come; if it sucks, we'll stay away." The Mets have shown the ability to draw well over 3 million when they put a good product on the field, but the problem is they haven't shown the ability to build up that window of continual playoff-bound teams; in their history, they've only made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons once. In 2006-2008 (the Mets' last three seasons in Shea), the Mets drew 3,379,535 in 2006, 3,853,955 in 2007, and 4,042,045 in 2008...and then the run of "That 70s Show" teams began...six seasons of 70-79 wins each year. They still drew over 3 million in 2009, despite winning just 70 games. And despite averaging just 76 wins per season over the past six years, they still drew over 2.1 million in each of those years...not awesome by any stretch, but even when there's nothing to get excited about, and even when Sandy and the Wilpons seem to be doing everything they can to give Met fans the collective finger, fans still show up in not-completely awful numbers...if the Mets had a couple of under-2 million seasons recently, I could understand it completely.

No one has a spare fvck to give about the Phillies right now...talk to me when they're any good again. Their records have been dropping lately, and - SURPRISE! - so has their attendance. Look at 1996-2002...Phillies fans can disappear with the best of them when their team isn't a contender.

I mean, the Vet was a total dump at that time. But yeah, living in South Jersey it was funny seeing those new "diehard" Phillies fans in the mid 00s.