New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

If we can top 14k on opening night against Winnipeg (weak road draw) I'd consider that a success.

And yes the Mets don't have that universal appeal but you know that the MLB marketing machine is just itching to make them this years darling postseason team. I think the execs are praying for a Mets-Cubs NLCS

Apparently rainout games WILL be played if home-field advantage is at stake...that could be an even more messy situation :P

MLB says games postponed will be played at later date if home-field advantage at stake …

… so given East Coast weather this week, we could be looking at games stacked up like planes during rush hour at LGA.

Looking like one of those nights for Colon. He was kind of due for one.

Would've been nice if RBI kryptonite came through there. Oh well.

Crappy weather, division clinched...probably feeling a little flat today. It happens. And sometimes being down by three runs early can take a team right out of the game.

Not going to get on Niese too much...it's a new role. But I'd be surprised if Niese suddenly starts shredding it as a reliever.

Bullpen is a little scary obviously, but I have to admit I wonder how this lineup will do come playoff time. It just feels like a lineup that can be pitched to.

Kershaw with a CG shutout last night...one hit, one walk, and 13 K.

As thrilled as I am that the Mets are going to the playoffs, and as hopeful as I am that they'll somehow find a way to win a 5-game series against the Dodgers, it's really hard to believe that it's going to happen.  Greinke's and Kershaw's numbers are just insane:

Their combined numbers this season:  443.2 IP, 305 H, 95 ER, 28 HR, 81 BB, 486 K, 1.93 ERA 

deGrom and Harvey, terrific as they are, have been kind of up and down lately.  Ditto Syndergaard.  Who knows if Matz will be healthy enough?  Not saying they can't all turn in strong performances come playoff time, even with their collective lack of experience (of course they can, they're all capable in any given start), but I can't make much of a case that they'll outpitch the Dodgers' Big Two. 

Hope I'm proven wrong, and hope that the Mets' new-look offense has what it takes to find a way to nab a win or two against the Big Two, but it's looking like the Dodgers in four or five games. 

Matz with "body stiffness" and the Mets are saying it's in relation to how he slept on Monday? hmmm, sounds a little fishy to me. Sounds like something may have happened to him in the debauchery of celebrating either in the locker room or out on the town somewhere

Kershaw is Mike Scott, and with 3 key offensive players lefties (Murph, Duda, Grandy) we are up sh!ts creek without a paddle against him. Our only hope is that we match zeros and get the game late or to extras.

Edited by '7'

Matz with "body stiffness" and the Mets are saying it's in relation to how he slept on Monday? hmmm, sounds a little fishy to me. Sounds like something may have happened to him in the debauchery of celebrating either in the locker room or out on the town somewhere

Kershaw is Mike Scott, and with 3 key offensive players lefties (Murph, Duda, Grandy) we are up sh!ts creek without a paddle against him. Our only hope is that we match zeros and get the game late or to extras.

Yeah, didn't think of that with Matz...could definitely be a cover story. 

I could see the Mets getting shut down in Games 1 and 2, then just being beaten for Game 3.  Think something like 2-4 runs on 18-20 hits for the balance of the series (if the Dodgers sweep).  I know the Mets have been very good offensively (there's a reason they're 40-20 in their last 60 GP, despite the pitching not being as strong overall as it was earlier in the season), but I think the have a little bully in them too...I can see them getting flustered fairly easily by the middle of Game 2 if they're getting dominated by Greinke and Kershaw. 

I think a big key is getting them out of the game by the 6th inning or 7th inning.  Even if the Mets don't score any runs off them, that's at least a couple of innings against the bullpen. 

I was gonna say I buy the explanation at face value about Matz having an issue sleeping incorrectly if he was only going to miss the first game or two but now that his NLDS availability is in question you do have to wonder if there's more to it.  Although we do tend to have some freakish injuries (the Sanchez and Duque ones in 2006 still annoy me :rant:)

Nice job beating up on a guy they should beat up on. That Phillie catcher must already be spent.

Still no updates. I wonder if it's like one of those Florida injuries where they have to go back to NY for an xray. Probably just waiting for the swelling to go down.

I see the way things are going with Matz/Cespedes. Honestly just stay home the rest of the season because it seems like the baseball gods are about to go on another injury tirade against the Mets

Larry Bowa is about to end Robles' career.

By doing what? Throwing his Lipitor at him?

Cespedes is going to be fine and that's all anybody cares about. Sort of 50/50 if that was intentional by Robles.

Edited by '7'

fvck the Phillies and their clown garbage pitching. Cespedes may have a broken bone

Just contract Philly and burn the city down already

I bet these quick pitches coming out of Mets pitchers are just hard baseball, right? Batters get hit all of the time, literally every game. The Phils lost Maikel Franco the same way in the middle of a potential ROTY run. He is actually hurt. And the blue and orange faithful take up arms when Cespedes has a couple of swollen fingers.

By doing what? Throwing his Lipitor at him?

Cespedes is going to be fine and that's all anybody cares about. Sort of 50/50 if that was intentional by Robles.

That dude must have a pretty heavy walker stashed somewhere.

Larry Bowa is about to end Robles' career.

He'll just be Don Zimmer to Robles' Pedro

But good god does Robles have a five-cent fart for a brain.

It's time to outright cut Parnell.

He's not even going to be pitching in a week unless Terry and Sandy REALLY jump the shark.  These are the meaningless innings where you should be pitching him.  Not like anyone else outside of the big two or three is really any better at this point.