New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

Wright is such a loser. So goddamn fvcking predictable. Loser loser loser.

Well they're definitely still sleepwalking. Murphy with the bobble on the easy inning ending DP, and for some reason on 0-2 Addison Reed instead of wasting one or three throws him an awful hanging slider that he crushes. So long home field 

Look David! That's called a fvcking clutch hit you zilch!

Bye bye home field. They've got no one to blame but themselves.

Well they're definitely still sleepwalking. Murphy with the bobble on the easy inning ending DP, and for some reason on 0-2 Addison Reed instead of wasting one or three throws him an awful hanging slider that he crushes. So long home field

There's still some softness to this team. It doesn't help that the face of the franchise (that's a laugh) NEVER gets it done when needed.

And this should put an end to the absurd "Collins for manager of the year" talk.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Not even an effort against Marcelino Rivera in the 9th. Might as well be swinging with our eyes closed. Oh well, much like the Phils the Nats get to enjoy their world series, but now we face Scherzer at night and the offense is completely dead. Dodgers are facing the Pads with Kershaw and Greinke, so yea...game 1 and 2 in LA. Padres won't muster up the effort that the Nats will the next two games

And I admit I liked seeing the NL East banner on Twitter, but it's almost like why the rush to hang it up?  You would think the organization hopes it can get a better one this year.

I would just like the extra home date for revenue purposes. Plus playoffs at home is a different animal, the crowd noise will be defeaning so maybe, just maybe we can get those two aces off their game.

Yeah it might be two extra home dates really.  And it defintely would have been electric seeing the Citi crowd on Friday going up against Kershaw.  I just hope we aren't coming home down 2-0 so it won't be a morgue for Game 3 (though at least Game 3's our most winnable matchup in theory with either Harvey or Noah against Wood).

yike. Thank god it doesnt mean anything because the Mets dont have a pulse right now.

how odd will it be when Scherzer perfects us and the Nats are celebrating on the field despite getting curbstomped for the division

And that's game over.

Sucks for Noah, guy pitched a brilliant ballgame. Hell of a rookie campaign overall.

Thor is an absolute beast. As he matures as a pitcher he will be a monster. The Mets need to get some solid bats to fortify this team for the years to come.

Let this no hitter serve as a learning experience for this team, maybe it fires them up, hopefully it makes them angry as the garbage Nationals celebrate all over their field. You clinch...that doesnt mean you mail it in and stop trying.

This team mailed it in and stopped trying

Let this no hitter serve as a learning experience for this team, maybe it fires them up, hopefully it makes them angry as the garbage Nationals celebrate all over their field. You clinch...that doesnt mean you mail it in and stop trying.

This team mailed it in and stopped trying

After the public lambasting this team's going to get for losing five in a row, blowing home field, being no-hit and scoring one run in 35 innings they need to get on the first train out of dodge Sunday and away from the NY negativity.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It is kind of amusing thinking of Nats fans wondering where the fvck was this Scherzer of his last two meaningless starts when we actually needed it the previous two months?

I do almost feel for him a little, losing a perfecto only cause of a 5th inning error.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yea, I mean small consolation for the Nationals. But to me this is embarrassing and a disgrace for the Mets. I don't feel bad for Scherzer not getting his perfect game. The fact that the Nationals, after getting PUNKED for the division are allowed to celebrate anything on our field is criminal.

The Mets have been a different team since the clinch. All the passion is gone, all the urgency is gone, all the fire is gone. And this apathy and indifference has gone so far that they absolutely sleepwalk through a no hitter. The Phillies had an agenda when the Mets came in a few days ago, the Nats wanted to extract a pound of flesh when they came in...what do the Mets think they're some conquering heroes and just because they won the division means the Nats and Phils are just obligated to let the Mets walk all over them?

Dodgers in 3. Mets do not know how to handle prosperity. They're not ready for this yet, they're not ready and it shows.

I mean I can't see them losing nine in a row and bad streaks from the regular season don't carry over to the playoffs all the time but yeah right now they have the look of a team that's going to lose quick.  I don't think Harvey loses Game 3 at home, the good Harvey's clearly back with the last two starts although it's possible with the way things are going the bats get tight against Alex Wood and they lose that game too.  They really need to have deGrom match Kershaw and somehow win a battle of the pens late in Game 1 to take the pressure off.  I don't think any shot of Noah beating Greinke in Game 2.

Or maybe they pitch Harvey in Game 2 and save Noah for the home Game 3 start.

I would so Harvey game two Noah game 3. I don't trust Noah on the road yet and he's absolutely dealing. Harvey has got his mojo back and I want him in game 2 to prevent this from being 2-0 Dodgers.

I feel good about the starting pitching again...but this offense is corpsing it.

It's like we won the division and the baseball gods said ENOUGH, that's all you get this year. It wouldn't shock me if they lost 9 in a row and went out with a whimper. Really wouldn't

This no hitter is a bad omen. Very bad

Edited by '7'