New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

This team clearly felt like all was won when they clinched the division.  Don't know if they have it in them to turn it back on.  I smell Dodgers sweep here...'7' is 100% right.  And I'm sorry, TC deserves a big chunk of the blame for this...obviously not all of it (he can't make David Wright not be completely fvcking useless in big spots), but the way his team has played its last five games has been a joke. 

Mets need to go out and get a real manager this offseason...despite the wins (due more to improved talent level than anything else), TC has proved yet again that when it comes to certain situations, he's in over his head.  To let a team that hasn't won anything yet just turn into fat complacent cats who suddenly act like they have nothing to prove...complete joke.

This no hitter is a bad omen. Very bad

To be fair Bob Moose no-hit the Mets late in 1969.

This team clearly felt like all was won when they clinched the division.  Don't know if they have it in them to turn it back on.  I smell Dodgers sweep here...'7' is 100% right.  And I'm sorry, TC deserves a big chunk of the blame for this...obviously not all of it (he can't make David Wright not be completely fvcking useless in big spots), but the way his team has played its last five games has been a joke. 

Mets need to go out and get a real manager this offseason...despite the wins (due more to improved talent level than anything else), TC has proved yet again that when it comes to certain situations, he's in over his head.  To let a team that hasn't won anything yet just turn into fat complacent cats who suddenly act like they have nothing to prove...complete joke.

Fortunately or not the playoff berth definitely gets TC another year or the start of another year.  Losing nine in a row may put him on a short leash but I don't think it'll go over well if they pull the plug after losing three 2-1 games in the playoffs.  I mean Dusty Baker got fired after two 90-win seasons in Cinci and now they've had two 70-win seasons.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yea, I mean small consolation for the Nationals. But to me this is embarrassing and a disgrace for the Mets. I don't feel bad for Scherzer not getting his perfect game. The fact that the Nationals, after getting PUNKED for the division are allowed to celebrate anything on our field is criminal.

The Mets have been a different team since the clinch. All the passion is gone, all the urgency is gone, all the fire is gone. And this apathy and indifference has gone so far that they absolutely sleepwalk through a no hitter. The Phillies had an agenda when the Mets came in a few days ago, the Nats wanted to extract a pound of flesh when they came in...what do the Mets think they're some conquering heroes and just because they won the division means the Nats and Phils are just obligated to let the Mets walk all over them?

Dodgers in 3. Mets do not know how to handle prosperity. They're not ready for this yet, they're not ready and it shows.

Terry definitely isn't, but he's always been a bit dopey.  Wright's been a loser for years now, this is nothing new.  And I'm more careful now than ever about making Cespedes a mega-offer.  I don't kid myself...we all knew there was going to be some regression for obvious reasons, and I'm not saying don't sign him under any circumstances, but I've seen enough chinks in the armor the past few weeks that I don't think they can go anywhere near $150 million for him. 

I do have to be fair though....this team HAS answered the bell every time it looked like they were about to roll over and die.  We'll see if they have one more in them.  But I've felt for a while that this team can be pitched to, and it won't surprise me at all to see Greinke and Kershaw chew through this lineup and spit it out without even breaking a sweat.

To be fair Bob Moose no-hit the Mets late in 1969.

Fortunately or not the playoff berth definitely gets TC another year or the start of another year.  Losing nine in a row may put him on a short leash but I don't think it'll go over well if they pull the plug after losing three 2-1 games in the playoffs.  I mean Dusty Baker got fired after two 90-win seasons in Cinci and now they've had two 70-win seasons.

Re:  TC, you are probably right, but I think he's gotten in the way more than he's really helped.  The way his team is finishing this season is a real indictment on him as far as I'm concerned.  If they go out with a whimper, that reeks of "same old Mets"...and TC is associated with a lot more losing than he is winning. 

Yeah I don't think this Met team is going to just roll over and die in the playoffs.  I don't think it'll be three, but it could well be four with a bunch of 3-1 losses that the offense has no answer for and pen blows late, I could definitely see that.

I actually have slightly more confidence of them hitting Greinke than Kershaw, just cause Kershaw looks so dialed in right now and we don't have the Cardinal advance scouts (or hitters) :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

What sucks is as we're seeing, the Mets can get strong outings from deGrom, Noah and Harvey, and it may not be enough.  I think this offense is going to continue to get shut down...they're starting to be exposed as a bunch of frontrunning bullies who disappear pretty quickly when above-average arms take the mound.  They're going to need the bullpen to step up too.  If they Mets are down by a run in the 7th, they can't keep giving up that big insurance run. 

What I need to see, absolutely NEED to see, is for them to go out there and pound POS Tanner Roark tomorrow. Knock him around, get your confidence back, put tonight behind you and go into the playoffs feeling good. Because to me baseball is the most cerebral and psychological of all the sports. I want the Mets to at least feel like they're turning a corner offensively before they head into the playoffs. Will it make a difference? Who knows, we have basically 5 days between tomorrow and game 1

the Dodgers are so due (especially Kershaw is due for a huge playoff) and we're just stumbling around not ready for prime time. We're essentially like the 2007 Phillies, 1994 Devils...just not there yet.

Edited by '7'

They really should still put the main lineup out tomorrow, try to get some confidence back before the playoffs.  Plus they'll have a few days of rest anyway before Friday.  Being afraid of someone pulling a muscle or getting hit with a pitch isn't a good enough reason to go with the B team again.

1994 Devils almost got to the SCF. The 2015 Mets won't get out of the first round.

What's tricky is how does Sandy make this team better for 2016 (especially with Wright likely being counted on to do far more than he'll ever be capable of)? But that's a question for the offseason.

Anyway, it's a shame the way the season is wrapping up, because the Mets are going to the postseason, and this team somehow managed to kill a lot of the good feelings Mets fans were having going in. Sadly, it seems like we're all expecting the worst now. Hope these guys shock us all and get something going, but I'm not seeing it.

Last thing I wanted was to head in on a 6 game losing streak, so they busted out of that at least. The pitching staff looks postseason ready, but the offense looks pre Johnson-Uribe dead. Now would it really matter since we have 4 full days before game 1 and are facing the two nastiest pitchers in baseball? Maybe not. But 2 runs in the last 4 games? That is terrifyingly bad.

Yikes...oh well, still earlier than a typical West Coast start time (10:10 or so).  Sucks if you have a young one of course. 

Colorado Rockies 1976, on 05 Oct 2015 - 4:03 PM, said:Colorado Rockies 1976, on 05 Oct 2015 - 4:03 PM, said:

Yikes...oh well, still earlier than a typical West Coast start time (10:10 or so).  Sucks if you have a young one of course. 

At least it's Friday and Saturday...those times would be murder mid-week.  I still remember the mid-week Arizona Game 1 that began at ELEVEN at night :lol:

And like Lagreca said on YES, the dreaded 'shadows' probably won't be a factor either with 6:45 and 6:07 local times.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Any help the Mets can get against the Dodgers' Big Two, I'm all for.

I think the Dodgers win four.  Mets will win Game 3 at home. 

Looks like I'll be heading to game 3... My first ever playoff baseball game. I've seen playoff games live in every sport except baseball. Hope I see a Mets W.

Nice! Honestly you may be a part of the largest crowd in Citi Field. Though I've been there 2 years ago (haven't gone this year due to an illness) where the crowd was in the 30,000s and it seemed to get a little cramped. It's a ballpark not a stadium, so no grand wide hallways or concourses. I think they're selling standing room for this one so get their early. And try the LIRR from Penn Station it's a far more relaxing ride thank the 7 Line rolling coffin which may be a nightmare.

Looks like I'll be heading to game 3... My first ever playoff baseball game. I've seen playoff games live in every sport except baseball. Hope I see a Mets W.

Awesome MD...hope the Mets can take your mind off the Dolphins for a while. 

I don't even want think about predictions because I know it's not good. I just want to watch a game at time and get pumped up about some baseball. The cool thing about the late start means I can watch Devs too

Yea. The Devs are like an appetizer to the Mets. Thank god this game is a Friday.

Nice! Honestly you may be a part of the largest crowd in Citi Field. Though I've been there 2 years ago (haven't gone this year due to an illness) where the crowd was in the 30,000s and it seemed to get a little cramped. It's a ballpark not a stadium, so no grand wide hallways or concourses. I think they're selling standing room for this one so get their early. And try the LIRR from Penn Station it's a far more relaxing ride thank the 7 Line rolling coffin which may be a nightmare.

Oh yeah I always do the LIRR from Penn- much easier than the 7. Going with my mother, who is as die-hard a Mets fan as there is. I went to three games this year and they won all three (two of which Harvey pitched), so I hope the good luck continues. [emoji3] Edited by MadDog2020

Awesome MD...hope the Mets can take your mind off the Dolphins for a while.

Yeah it's nice those idiots have a bye this week too, I can enjoy some Devils hockey and some playoff baseball without another certain defeat looming on Sunday lol. Edited by MadDog2020

No Matt Harvey for mandatory workouts at Citi Field today. Sandy says his excuse was traffic. Sure...right. The most high profile player on the team again making headlines. Again being an unnecessary distraction and headache

He's in bed with a supermodel.