New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

Sure... you've gotta get on to get in. However, having a guy with speed get on first base changes everything... it changes the pitcher's approach to the plate. It gets them rattled. It builds momentum for the offense. Things that don't come out in statistics. The reason Duda may not rock one in the gap or over the wall could be the pitcher isn't beimg thrown off his game by the speedster on the basebaths. There are nuances to this game that don't come out in statistics that have an effect on the outcome of the game. I would rather have a lineup full of guys that can run than guys that get stranded at first base.

I agree on nuances and intangibles...there's a reason I'll never be a pure sabermetrician.  What's funny is that I remember guys like Vince Coleman, who actually wasn't a terribly good hitter, but could get pitchers off their game.  And there used to be more guys like that around, but the game has devalued that kind of player over time.  Just like striking out well over 100 times suddenly wasn't seen as a major negative anymore.     

Baseball was a better game pre peds. PEDS turned every stadium into a band box and hyped up talk of the NL DH. Thankfully, the NL DH didn't come to fruition. To win games you can't slug your way through any more it takes tact and execution. It's why the Cardinals are so good year after year and why the Mets aren't. The Mets play like a slow pitch softball team and thats just plain dumb. It got them here for the reasons you've stated more than once but it won't win anything. If they're going win it's going to be because they didn't give up any runs...

Edited by capo

Tremendous AB by Wright...a little lucky with a couple of the foul tips, but terrific nonetheless.

Inning went about as I thought it would, but at least they made Kershaw work a bit.

Great comeback for deGrom against ag right there.

It's always nice to get that zero under your belt in your first playoff start.

In fairness, Kershaw can do this to a lot of lineups. Doesn't make it any easier to watch.

Cuddyer you useless piece of zilch. fvck you.

They gave him one. Ridiculous.

Starting to feel like Jacob will be lucky to go six. Laboring.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Damn, Jake with an intense look there.

Nice job to overcome the loser in left.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976