New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

I mean it's hard to get on him when he works a full count but swing the bat at least, you know he's gotta throw you a strike with Murphy on deck.

I hope that spot on Harvey's arm that got hit doesn't start to swell up later :P  At least he still has a good chance to at least get the ball to Familia if not finish it himself.

Good news: Travis HR makes it 3-1!

Bad news: Reed warming, maybe that spot on Harvey's arm did swell up

I mean it's hard to get on him when he works a full count but swing the bat at least, you know he's gotta throw you a strike with Murphy on deck.

I hope that spot on Harvey's arm that got hit doesn't start to swell up later :P At least he still has a good chance to at least get the ball to Familia if not finish it himself.

Good news: Travis HR makes it 3-1!

Bad news: Reed warming, maybe that spot on Harvey's arm did swell up

3-2 you gotta swing at any thing close. He's lousy, plain and simple. We have this to look forward to for the next 5 years and 120 plus million. For a team that doesn't spend that hurts big time.

Its looking like a complete game kind of stuff. But, they'll probably go to Familia regardless.

Well put this one in the books...twenty pitches for Familia, not too bad considering he started out wild.  Now Murphy's even fielding and running well along with his hitting, good gracious.

At least they put the regular season 0-7 to bed quickly. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

tremendous play by Murph saves us from a potentially disastrous situation, Familia was up over 20 pitches and tiring, maybe still feeling the effects of Thursday night.

If anything the Mets did the Cubbies a favor by challenging the Murph play at 1st since it got Familia even colder.

Edited by '7'

Well put this one in the books...twenty pitches for Familia, not too bad considering he started out wild. Now Murphy's even fielding and running well along with his hitting, good gracious.

At least they put the regular season 0-7 to bed quickly.

And hit some balls pretty good... I don't like my closer sitting in these conditions. I either let Harvey get another batter or go to Clippard, personally. It worked so we can forget about it.

And hit some balls pretty good... I don't like my closer sitting in these conditions. I either let Harvey get another batter or go to Clippard, personally. It worked so we can forget about it.

Personally I would have let him pitch to Bryant cause he had pretty good success against him tonight and the lead was still two (and then relieve him if it got to Rizzo), but I figured it would be a one-and-done situation at that point for Harvey anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Awesome Game 1 win. Hell of a game for Harvey. Can't believe the roll Murph is on. Loser is as Loser does. Typical. Even friggin' Cuddyer got a hit.