New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

Sorry, you go down meekly again and again against Young, it's hard to make a case as to why you should win.

This could be a series-altering game besides its value in trying to get to 4 W's.  Even if they lose this one, it could simply be the team that best recovers from running this marathon that takes the series.

The only saving grace is the pitching matchup favors us in Game 2 with deGrom against a shaky Cueto.

Another great throw from Wright.  Now Loser is taking his suckage out to the field. 

Feels like Game 1 is done.  The bullpen can only carry dead bats for so long.  Can't go hitless against Young.

Game over.

Wright poisoning Game 1 with his loser vibe.

But to be fair, a lot of bats went to sleep as the game went on. 

I'm not going to kill Familia...even Rivera blew a few playoff games.  Harvey talks the talk a little better than he walks the walk.  Bullpen did its job after the game was tied.  Just hope the Mets can recover and win tomorrow.

Harvey's off the hook now, hell Familia's off the hook thanks to the Charlie Brown game from Wright.

Vitriol or not, are you starting to see what a non-winner Wright really is?  How much more evidence do you need? 

Wright looks like the rotted corpse of Peyton Manning this year :P

It's one thing to fail at-bat but supposedly a gold-glove fielder making amateur errors is just sad.  I get the back stuff but geez if it's that bad he can't field then take him up on his offer and bench him.  Maybe it's a good thing Elias isn't playing this year then I don't have to see BOTH my favorite players of the last ten years look like bums.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Guy is such fvcking dead weight...Mets can only carry his worthless overpaid ass for so long...eventually he has to pitch in and stop being a fvcking handicap...

It's all on deGrom now, because the Royals are too damn good to let us off the mat at 2-0. These aren't the 86 Red Sox

Bottom line is he needs to pitch into the 8th and give up 2 runs MAXIMUM. And we have to hope for 4 runs off Cueto. Minimum 3.

Lots of good and bad luck tonight. It's easy to forget the error that got us up 4-3, that was a gift too. Ultimately Familia who hasn't let up a HR since July (was it the Upton Padres game?) gives up an awful one, an the Mets turn Chris into Cy Young. Idiot Terry's decision to start Cespedes in CF and not Lagares probably cost us an inside the park grand slam as well.

gotta man up tomorrow. Cueto is just not that good. We need to beat up on this guy

What worries me is just how clutch KC can be. Their late inning magic reminds me of the dynasty era Yankees. Now our pitching can hold that at bay but...every time it came down to the wire they got it done. 3-1 against Harvey...they tie. 4-3 with 1 out against a closer building himself up as a legend...they shatter that illusion.

The Mets are good and have shown themselves as resilient. But the Royals look like a team of destiny.

btw, noodle arm and all, Curtis Granderson nearly got the runner out at home on a force out in the 14th. That was good throw. Almost impossible to make. But unbelievably close.

Is this game a mirror image of game 1 2000? It's pretty close but, thank goodness we don't have to deal with Clemens in game 2

Edited by '7'

Harvey is a bitch. He's no degrom. Couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag

I don't think this is true (though I do think deGrom is simply the better pitcher right now) but at the same time Harvey is going to have a hell of a time getting the benefit of the doubt for a while...fans have long memories, and the crap he and the supremely unlikable and annoying Scott Boras pulled won't be forgotten anytime soon.  It's also easy to forget that the Mets' rotation is still plenty green...it's actually very impressive that no one has had that meltdown start (like Cueto in his last game)...everyone has been varying degrees of good. 

I think sometimes you have to simply tip your cap to the other team...the Royals are a resilient bunch. 

I can't throw major sh!tfits about losing Game 1...gotta see what happens in Game 2.  Hopefully Loser won't be counted on to do anything of significance.  I'd be stunned if TC has the balls to either give Loser a seat on the bench or drop him down in the order. 

I'm not Harvey's biggest fan but he didn't choke last night, he simply failed (and 6 IP, 3 ER isn't a BAD start by any means but when you have a 3-1 lead with your supposed ace and he's got such a low pitch count he's gotta take that seven).  Same with Familia, he simply failed...that wasn't a Benitez-type die in a tough AB then go into a shell, that was just an unfortunate pitch around getting four easy outs with his other four hitters.  Why I'm at my wit's end with Wright is he clearly choked last night and not just at the plate.  When even freaking Flores can make brilliant defensive plays but Wright can't execute a routine throw from third to first that's bad.  I don't want to hear about the back or anything else, that's the worst example of a choke I've seen since MB30 in Game 7 2009 - worse than that even, though last night was probably the most brutal loss I've had as a fan since that night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

To give credit where it's due Niese, Colon, and Young were all fantastic last night. Young pitched exactly like I want our guys to pitch. He went up and in than outside, in the dirt, you name it. He was a stud last night. Tip the cap. I hope I see another great competition tonight. These types of games a riveting and exciting. This what we have all been waiting for. This a very tight series that could see the Mets get swept in games just like what we saw last night. That game felt so much like 2000 it makes me sick. This could the same exact way. The Mets have to find a way to grind it out.

To give credit where it's due Niese, Colon, and Young were all fantastic last night. Young pitched exactly like I want our guys to pitch. He went up and in than outside, in the dirt, you name it. He was a stud last night. Tip the cap. I hope I see another great competition tonight. These types of games a riveting and exciting. This what we have all been waiting for. This a very tight series that could see the Mets get swept in games just like what we saw last night. That game felt so much like 2000 it makes me sick. This could the same exact way. The Mets have to find a way to grind it out.

Heartened by the fact it's not overrated Hampton vs Roger Clemens tonight, but rather deGrom vs. the awful Cueto.

Heartened by the fact it's not overrated Hampton vs Roger Clemens tonight, but rather deGrom vs. the awful Cueto.

The Mets definitely have the talent edge... They have to use it. I would love to see Jake's first pitch sail right under Escobar's chin. Won't happen.

The Mets definitely have the talent edge... They have to use it. I would love to see Jake's first pitch sail right under Escobar's chin. Won't happen.

I was thinking the Mets definitely need a momentum turning moment. Not an Utley slide but something that can maybe get us into the Royals head a bit. Not sure what it is....