New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

I get Cueto has been largely terrible as a Royal, but it is Johnny Cueto. Guy has been one of the best pitchers in baseball the last 5 years. The Mets obviously have the advantage tonight, but I dont think anyone should be shocked if Cueto gives you a line like 7IP 2ER.

Yeah it kind of scares me that Cueto's not really a 9 ERA pitcher the way he has been in the playoffs though he HAS largely been bad as a Royal so it'd be nice if we could put up a crooked number at some point.

Yeah it kind of scares me that Cueto's not really a 9 ERA pitcher the way he has been in the playoffs though he HAS largely been bad as a Royal so it'd be nice if we could put up a crooked number at some point.

This is true plus as we all know have tendencies to go on streaks where they can turn every pitcher they face into Cy Young candidates. Just as the Devils can turn any goalie into Jaques Plante.

So... Salvador Perez was caught with pine tar on his shin guard last night... when it was brought up to Ned Yost he said it's not illegal for a catcher to have its illegal for the pitcher. Makes a little sense as to why Chris Cy Young was unfucling hittable last night.

So... Salvador Perez was caught with pine tar on his shin guard last night... when it was brought up to Ned Yost he said it's not illegal for a catcher to have its illegal for the pitcher. Makes a little sense as to why Chris Cy Young was unfucling hittable last night.

Apparently it's a non-story and every catcher literally uses pine tar...of course you know if this were a certain NFL coach he'd be the first one to have catchers use it to put pine tar on the ball specifically for the pitcher :P

Terry Collins says every catcher in baseball has pine tar on catching equipment. Says it's for catcher, not to transfer to pitcher.

Apparently it's a non-story and every catcher literally uses pine tar...of course you know if this were a certain NFL coach he'd be the first one to have catchers use it to put pine tar on the ball specifically for the pitcher :P

Adam Rubin@AdamRubinESPN 9m9 minutes ago

Terry Collins says every catcher in baseball has pine tar on catching equipment. Says it's for catcher, not to transfer to pitcher.

This doesn't sound right... Matt Cerrone says he was contact with former catchers and they said it was illegal. Maybe the Mets are posturing to catch them in the act.

Using pine tar on the ball is illegal so if TC is saying that because the Mets are doing too than it doesn't make it any better. That's like saying some cheating is ok and some isnt. That's ridiculous.

Strike zone looks a bit better to Cesp 2nd inning. 2 clear balls outside...surprise surprise, called balls.

What I'm worried about is the Royals making contact early on against deGrom. He's not missing bats. I know they dont strike out much but...deGrom has to miss SOME bats. All 3 first inning hitters made solid contact to the outfield

Is it me or is Harold Reynolds' voice not really suited to color commentary?

d'Arnaud...argh.

Wright goes from a 3-0 count to full to popping up. He fvcking blows.

It's called being a loser.